Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curious: Who all's got Model A's in the works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. hotrod 30

hotrod 30
    from MS

work in progress......

Attached Files:

2. norms30a

norms30a

<<< Just went to Watertown and ordered a whole bunch of Pete & Jakes parts and other stuff through Lake City Rod & Custom.

Waiting for that stuff to get started, who knows, might have some fun stuff for Christmas :)

3. Mark Britt

Mark Britt

I picked this body up two years ago, missing a driver's door, trunk lid, and tail pan, and floor. It is finally starting to look like something? (I was inspired by the "Green Grenade" in 2006.)

Attached Files:

4. scooters565

scooters565

My 31 coupe. so cal chassis, winters quick change from Speedway. 49 flathead, new Offy heads to be installed.

Attached Files:

5. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

6. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

hope to be starting on this one some time this spring. I picked it up in October at the pile up.

Attached Files:

7. Even with all the F$#kin snow we're still workin on her in hopes of getting on the road by spring.
    [​IMG]

8. My 30 Colonial cab model A can be seen in my albums.

9. Man, an old thread brought back to life,...here's a shot of what Zenor's coupe looked like when he got it...
    [​IMG]

10. ...and how it turned out...

[​IMG]

11. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

mine

Attached Files:

12. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I've got a 28 special coupe in the works, well, it's in the shop anyway....

13. Just ordered my '32 frame from Gary at Blackboard, hope to move it to my garage and start on it within the next few weeks

[​IMG]

14. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

This is the coolest thread ever - SIX YEARS! I believe there are more Model A's being built than ever actually came off of the Ford assembly line! Here is my 1931 Ford Model A Pickup with tri-power from out of the barn to out of the shop. See it run at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN4bd8fATF4

Attached Files:

15. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

I've got a 29' - It was an old sport coupe that sat in a field for years. Added a roof (its a 30 roof, doesn't quite fit perfectly but it will work) with about a 5" chop (hard to tell with different roofs). Gary at blackboard hotrods is building a 32 frame for it now; pinched, bobbed, and swept. Other parts include a stroked buick 215 (with an old paxton if I get around it it), 4 speed saginaw, ford scout 9" or an international dana rear, 4" and 4 1/2" 16 inch steelis, firestones, 40 split bones, 32 grill, etc.

Can't wait!

Attached Files:

• rod.jpg
      rod.jpg
      File size:
      84.1 KB
      Views:
  16. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

Count me in. Here's my '30 on '32 frame. It's gonna have a 276" 8BA with a T5 5 speed and '58 Fairlane 9".

Attached Files:

17. here's the one I just got......

'36 flattie, '36 toploader, '40 rear end

Attached Files:

18. lorodz

lorodz

hers mine almost there
    [​IMG]

19. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

20. endlessearth

endlessearth

Re-working this '29:

Attached Files:

21. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

this is a great thread,i puchased my A coupe last year from GZ,a fellow hamber.i've spent the last few months getting it ready for the road, fitting shocks,seat belts,fenders etc.i removed the stock front
    drum assemblies and replaced with 33 drums and backing plates.
    They really are a very simple car to work on.

Attached Files:

22. S.F.

S.F.

Now I have seen Zenor's coupe in person. And it is a phenominal car, its one of the most traditional, clean, and correct builds today. I had no idea what he started with...wow

23. Here is one that I have been playing with this winter. I tried to sell it as a pachage deal in the fall but no takers, so I figured, put it together and try again this summer!

[​IMG]

24. Here is a roadster I am helping my buddy Shaune put together. It was an old hot rod from way back that has had some bad owners down the line. We are putting it together as a 60 drag inspired style. (at least we hope) 392 hemi with a th400. It is alot of fun building it together and we have had several club meetings to work on it too!

[​IMG]

25. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

29 Murray in mach up stage. Since torn down and in process of finishing and paint, then back together.

Attached Files:

26. ironbutt

ironbutt
    BANNED
    from pa.

Done as its going to be

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  27. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

I started welding the roof on a coupe a couple months ago, I had one someone had roadsterized way back when. It was pretty bad. I picked up the roof sections from a guy in town who did the same thing to another car. Of course I didn't know that was his plan till it was too late. But anyway I have installed the roof now and am working on a chassis..

Attached Files:

28. chad-64

chad-64

I am new to the H.A.M.B., and to Model A's. I do have a project in the works. Picked up a 29 tudor body and frame, been obsessed since. Recently acquired a 1954 331 Industrial still running out of an aviation AGPU. Next is tranny choice, thinking toploader/muncie 4/833? I have a pretty bare canvas at this point

Attached Files: