Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shaved door handles for under 200?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thechondro, Mar 30, 2010.

1. That was just the kit! I swear by this. No bodywork (shaving). I have seen the light. Im happy since I just recently started stripping the car. Gonna be my first real body mod on this car. Thanks guys!!!!!

2. cretin

cretin

I always recommend rocky hinge.
    You can get the shaved door kit for $105
    Shaved door kit with solenoids for $179.95
    Or if I was you get the kit with Power bear claw latches for $205.95 on sale right now.
    http://rockyhin.ipower.com/store/page3.html

3. adamshumard

adamshumard

I will say this. if you get a kit with seperate relays install them in the car(cabin) NOT in the door. i did that once and had alot of trouble with relays corroding and failing. If i had it to do again i would buy the ones with the built in relays.

4. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

satinblack just posted a set for 120 bucks!! check it out

5. Satinblack

Satinblack

I paid over 200 for mine and just put it in the classifieds here for a good deal. Can't use it since that project is gone now

6. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I had bear claw latchs put in, don't remember what brand solenoids I bought but they are the same as some cars use for power door locks. My buttons are in plan site so I use a ignition type switch in the lic. plate recess to shut off power, locking the drs. Mines a 4dr so I have a cable in the trunk for the back dr. if the battry goes out.

7. they all work in the beginning. the relays that the kits come with are "univeral accesory" relays that every auto part store sells for under $15. the cable is usually to light but home depot sells what you need and the rollers that allow 90 degree mounting of solinoid never have good mounting spot so i use copper tubing bent at 90 degrees to guide cable making sure it's filled with white grease. taking apart custom door panels is a drag but seems to always cause some damage to them.

8. Hey! thats thinkin! I gots a `64 Rivi ...this could work!!! thanks!!!!!!:)

9. charger

charger
    from manitoba