Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new '31 Model A Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elmitcheristo, Mar 16, 2011.

1. EdwinUSMC

EdwinUSMC
    from Des Moines

helluva buy if I do say so myself

2. sgnova72

sgnova72

Smokin deal, nothing in my area is ever that cheap. That pic of all three is now saved to my computer.

3. TravBW56

TravBW56

Awesome deal.Just finished chop on my 31 pickup last night.Proves the steels out there,gotta look real hard,or in your case,the right place at the right time,looks good man,can wait to see the build pics.

4. Couldn't talk him down to $400 huh?..still it seems like a decent deal, I guess..but no engine/trans?..looks like it might even need paint..tires aren't cheap either..what about the interior..what about the glass..I'm just not sure about this one..seems lke you may have been able to have bought a used, and more complete riceburner for that much..just sayin'. Seriously great deal..enjoy.

5. $500, wow, just a guess, but I think you've got some room to put a few bucks in it.:eek:

Nice, congrats.

6. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I hope you kissed them, that's a great price. I paid $700 for a cab , frame and front fenders several years ago. Now it's my daily driver.

7. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

You probably owe the guy that pointed you in the right direction, somptin!?

8. S.F.

S.F.

that is awesome...havent heard of any deals like that in about 5 years

9. conormulroney

conormulroney

Great score! At that price I would have bought it and I'm unemployed and broke
    Conor

10. Retroline

Retroline

Great score.
    Funny how Model A's seem to breed when you get them home.

11. millrat

millrat
    from Central MA

Now you just need a sedan in order to collect all four!

12. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Here's an update on the truck. Since I brought it home, I have put in quite a few hours cleaning it up. I got the fenders off of it, chopped the top 3" (big thanks to markarnold), and started working on the patch panels. I ordered the patch panels from Howell's last week and got them 2 days ago.

As for plans:
    - It's going to get a new frame. I will build a new one to model a dimensions out of square tube.
    - I've got a 59A flathead that I'm building. So, I'll probably take the stock 59A out of my roadster and put it in this. The roadster will be getting the new motor with a merc crank.
    -I will use the stock "A" axle with 37-41 round back spindles and 40 juice brakes all around. I'll use either a banjo or a quick change (if I can do it cheap enough). I might drop the axle a little. I do like it sitting kinda high.
    -It will keep the "A" grill and I'll add a stone guard. I have an extra set of Guide 682 C's that will mount on a reworked headlight bar.
    -Still trying to decide wheels/tires (some variation of early Ford), tranny ("39" 3 speed vs T-5), and color (I need something other than black). I'm open to suggestions.

Anyways, here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  13. A Rodder

A Rodder

Duude that is awesome

14. voodoo1

voodoo1

That chop is just right. Man i need to work on mine.

Mike