Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. pimtina

pimtina

Hey photoshop guys, can you help me out with my Cortina? I'm thinking mid-sixties Watson style. Lower it( right now the coilovers are cranked up) silver and blue or silver and dark gray. I'd like to keep the 13inch wheels but maybe dress-up the stock hubcaps.
    For the front I'd like some ideas for a custom grille. Thanks alot![​IMG][​IMG]

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Is that a small block Ford in that car? What year is it? Never seen one of these.

3. pimtina

pimtina

Yes it's a sbf, but it came with a 1500cc four banger from the factory in England in 1966.

4. RichG

RichG

Oh, I don't know, I did a rather nice drop for a fellow's mid 70's pickup a couple hundred pages ago... then some darn cat got in the picture!:cool:

5. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

Excuse me if there are any rules to this but I was wondering if somebody could put a sedan back panel on 'littleboy'. In other words make it a sedan leaving everything else the same.

Oh and if it makes it easier by making it a solid color go with silver.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

6. Core

Core
    from washington

Just found some photoshop stuff i did to my first car, when I was 13... seriously

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sweet

7. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Is that your car?

A buddy of mine has taken some really outstanding photos of it in the past!

8. Quick idea for the grille. Thin chromed tubular surround and bars.

[​IMG]

9. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

No its not my car, I was lucky enough to get to see it at the salt though

10. madfish

madfish

Here's your car.

Attached Files:

11. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

Awesome thanks! Can you chop it some?

12. madfish

madfish

Here's another simple treatment.

Attached Files:

13. madfish

madfish

If only it were this easy.

Attached Files:

14. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

well put, thanks Madfish!

15. Brentadour

Brentadour

Anyone want to try a Watson style paint job, black wheels and a bit lower. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  16. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

What if you moved the rear wheel forward some, everything else the same

17. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Hey pimtina you should check the very first post of this thread. (actually post number 10 to be exact, the first few pictures are missing)
    I did the scallops and paint in some of those colors. ___Trashed

18. I like that a lot. The same but different and better. :cool:
    Chevy pick up grille?

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

In all honesty I have no problem with it at all, I would love to share the post 64 stuff I have been working on lately, some of it is pretty cool, but there are people who roam through threads and kill perfectly good ones because someone who was harmlessly posting or talking about something post 64, I have already watched it happen to dozens of threads I was watching in the last 2 months, it's like someone has too much time on their hands and they have to find something to bitch about...:(

20. RichG

RichG

Well, don't go posting a hundred off topic pics, just pick out a couple you like the most and do those. This thread is about photoshopping cars, just my opinion of course.

If you look back through the thread you'll see that some of us here don't take kindly to "outside interference" or attitude.:rolleyes::D

21. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

you guys have worked wonders photoshopping my '41 Plymouth before (namely, James D and Rickster... don't know if you guys remember it). So much so that your photoshop treatments are becoming a reality.

anyway, I was wondering if someone might help me out again. I'm starting to kick around different ideas for the front of the car... wondering how a tall grill like on a Packard or Stude would look with some late 30's Ford headlight lenses. Any other ideas on front end treatment are welcome and appreciated.

[​IMG]

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Well I would never do that with OT, I have slipped them in here and there when it was relevant... but I always have that paranoid thing in the back of my head that it's a no no here...

But I made this photo for a friend, he wanted it to look like a Ford styling concept photo...

Attached Files:

23. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I was helping LoRodz visualize his coupester the way he wanted it, and it ended up being so close to what I would like to do that I just changed it up.

The first mod....original on the left, 3" drop on the right:

[​IMG]

After about 10 rapid fire iterations, we ended up here for his likes:

[​IMG]

And then what I want to do for mine....direct rip off of the Lieb roadster front, longer skirts, shorter stanchions:

Top down

[​IMG]

Top up

[​IMG]

24. madfish

madfish

James. I don't know about better. Just different. I like the simplicity of your grille also.
    There any number of aftermarket grilles that could be modified, or simply built.

25. madfish

madfish

I could but it would be altering your wheel base. I placed a sedan body over your car, using the wheel base as a reference. If you're just trying to remove the wheel arches, I can photoshop them out or extend the sedan body. Let me know.

26. kustomkid18

kustomkid18

Any ideas? scallops maybe? Baby Pic.jpg

27. Mexiamericano

Mexiamericano

I am getting ready to start selecting some paint colors, and was looking for some opinions. I was leaning towards a pearl white, with black accents maybe red. Please someone help me out?[​IMG]

28. Mexiamericano

Mexiamericano

Sorry for the friggin huge picture...

29. Brunoz28

Brunoz28

well the Photoshop wizzes on here have gotten my impala to where it is today, so ill turn to you all for help again. since the paint job, some how after being garaged during my whole deployment to Afghanistan the paint has started to bubble up between the molding and the wheel well skirt behind the passenger side back door. I will have to repair that and i see this as a great opportunity to do some white scallopes instead of trying to match the gold. What I would like to see, if anyone cares to oblidge, is white scallopes worked into the paint scheme with the moldings in place that would cover the affected area so i dont have to try to blend into the panels after the repair...Thanks

Attached Files:

30. madfish

madfish

Is this what you're looking for?

Attached Files: