Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen GMC parts !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haychrishay, Mar 16, 2011.

1. haychrishay

haychrishay

We are in middle of putting my truck back together and realized that someone decided to help them selves to the hood and right door from my GMC. they were the take offs that were damaged but were repairable, we had them sitting outside my brothers shop and went out to retrieve some parts and they were gone along with a transmission,aluminum valve covers, engine stand and some other misc. stuff that belong to my brother. so Iowa HAMBers if you see a bent hood and right door the color of the truck in my avatar let me know Thanks! PS prgress pics

Attached Files:

2. Might help if you specify what color is the color of the doors? there are numerous colors on the truck shown.
    also, call scrap yards and have them on the lookout for whatever the items were

3. MeanYellowZ

MeanYellowZ

building a similar truck and in Iowa....I'll keep an eye out if they make it towards Davenport.

4. RAY With

RAY With

Nothing is sacred any more. Now days if you want it better keep it under lock and key. Economy sucks big time and the thief's are out in record number.

5. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Sounds like a scrapper to me... Check the local scrap yards

6. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

x2, if you have somebody that allways comes buy to pick up ck with them. They may have gotten the metal. Not saying to jump all over them but would be a start. Ck with scrappers around you, will find that they remember who brought it to them when they want. Good luck and i hope you do find out where it went. When you do slap them for me, no call me and i will come do it for you. I cannot stand somebody who helps them selfs to other peoples property. I have 80% of my tools stolen 3 days ago. I cannot wait to find them and i will. I got a bucket of water and a butt load of stun guns waiting.

Sorry for the loss good luck.

7. haychrishay

haychrishay

they are the color of my truck in the avatar.

8. slammed

slammed

Scan Craigslist too.

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

yup sounds like a wayward junky snagged it for scrap value , bummer ,

10. bob308

bob308

scrapper gets my vote

11. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yep

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Scrappers are bad out here, they stole some spare wheels (aluminum) off my daily driver Fleetwood..

and The Dude you gots to get a bigger helmet mang! ^^

13. carmak

carmak

If you need the pieces a friend in Iowa City has some 57 GMC pieces he was thinking about turning into a truck. He might be willing to sell some stuff. See very bad picture below.

Carmak

Attached Files:

14. It was St. Patricks Day, LOL

15. Sounds like a scrapper to me also. Had this happen to me at our shop. Had rebuilt a 4 bbl carb and set it outside by the corner of the door near the rear of the building and the idiot picked it up with some old exhaust and sent it on it's way to the junk man. Never recovered it and did not get a cent from that old SOB! before he croaked a month later!