Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone knows´Chromeguy´ in Whittier,CA ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Calavera, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Calavera

Calavera

Anyone on here knows this company in Whittier,CA called 'Chromeguy' who sells rechromed bumpers ? http://chromeguy.com/ (888) 923-5899

He was selling a rear bumper on Ebay for a '50 Shoebox some time ago, but I needed a front bumper, he contacted me he will let me know if he has one, wich he did a few months ago, we agreed, I payed $400,00
    ($350,00 for the bumper and $50,00 for dropping it off at a shipping company in LA).

Communication went fine until I payed, I even got a pic in the mail of 'my' bumper, but after that everything went dead, no answering on emails, no answering on the phone....anyone has experience with this guy ? His name is Mike or Michael.

Any help welcome ! I think my money is down the drain...since I'm in the Netherlands I can't drive over to pay him a visite....

Thanks, Gus

(I've know there was something on here before, but I couldn't make out if he was 'bonafide' or not...)

2. tortmanus

tortmanus

3. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

I bought 2 bumpers to my Ford 50 from chromeguy and i have get them from him
    but i haven't open the package yet
    My were send via Kvicks Bil i Falun to Sweden
    Mayby yours have drop down in sweden too??
    The delvery took about 2 month
    If you want can i check exakly the delvery time was
    Pm in that case

4. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

I open one of my package to take a little look and that part looks good

5. Beau

Beau

How long is some time ago?

6. Calavera

Calavera

I first saw his stuff on Ebay over half a year ago, I contacted him then if he had a front bumper for sale as well (there was only a rear '50 bumper listed at that time). He replied and said maybe in the future, in november, when I didn't expect it he mailed me he had one for sale, I asked for a pic, wich a got promptly, agreed on the price and payed him on 14 december (I had to find a shipper first)....since then silence, even with the holidays he could at least replied to one of my email's, I mean, if you run a bussiness ?!​

7. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

You have not a chance to get it so fast look mine took 2 month

8. Calavera

Calavera

I'm not expecting to get it here fast Stefan, but I payed him three weeks ago, he promised to drop it off the next day at Renkins in LA, it still hasn't arrive there yet, asked him a few times over the email when he was planning to take it there because 'my' container was leaving, tried calling him but haven't heard anything from him since.

9. Eryk

Eryk

I called and left the guy a message yesterday morning. It was regarding a set of bumpers he has up on ebay right now. I'll let you know if I get a call back from him.

10. wood470

wood470

His address is a residential neighborhood. He's not doin any chrome work there so subin it out. Some times that takes a while.

11. I know him. Yes he subs out the work. he has done alot of business in Europe, especially Sweden and Norway.
    He values that business, so I doubt he is going to screw one guy and mess it all up.
    I'll call him up and see what happened.
    I will definitely see him on Saturday, that is, as long as nothing has happened to him.

PM me with your name and info so I can ask him.

12. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

Me and a few friends of mine here in sweden have bad experiences of "ChromeGuy"We got the wrong type of bumpers several times.Its now 3-4years ago and we still havent got the right kind or havr been compensated for our troubles.Me pesonally had the fortune of getting the right kind of bumpers but Im afraid the quality sucks.

13. tortmanus

tortmanus

14. Calavera

Calavera

don't know who or what made Chromeguy jump up but just got this email from Rinkens Shipping 5 mins ago after I inquired...

Gus
    About 2 minutes after I sent this email, Mike walked into my office dropping off your bumper. Should sail in about 1 week and transit time is 30 days from LA to port Rotterdam.
    Regards,
    Rinkens International

now let's hope it actually arrives and has $350,00 worth of chrome :) thanks everyone for helping me out !

15. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

I think it is Mike that use to own Central Plating in El Monte.

16. i just bought a 55 pontiac rear bumper off him through ebay recently for my 53 chevy, was pleased with the chrome plating and condition of the bumper overall. it took about 6 weeks from the purchase, would have been sent off sooner but the postal service wouldnt take the bumper in one piece so it had to be disassembled and repacked

17. Calavera

Calavera

After all help I got here on the HAMB of tracking down my front bumper I thought it's fair enough to show you the results, the bumper finally arrived a few weeks ago, the promised and payed for bumper bolts weren't there but the chrome looked very good...I tried to tuck it as close to the body as possible just like the rear bumper, lakes pipes are on, in fully working order with no mufflers...aaaahh, nice !
    Lost one of the center spider caps tough, have you ever payed $180,00 for such a piece of crap, it's the third one that falls apart...if you are totally bored check my blog for more info; www.400bc.blogspot.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. madpole

madpole

good to hear you got them. they look nice.

19. Damoocha

Damoocha

G'day. I won soke bumpers for my 59 frod in Novemeber. He was supposed to send to address in Wilmington so I could have them shipped to Australia. Importer has not seen them. Have emailed him so will see if he responds.. Thanks for the helpful info on the thread to date!

20. plynch

plynch

Call the guy direct, it was the only way I could get ahold of him. I bought a rear bumper for my 63 Cadillac from him about a year ago, nice chrome work. His communication sucks. He doesn't answer emails, calling on the phone is the only way to reach him