Register now to get rid of these ads!

insurance? who are you guys using?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VINNIE JAMES, Mar 16, 2011.

1. VINNIE JAMES

VINNIE JAMES

i got a quto from grundy and hagerty. they is a $20 difference
    classic auto insurance quoted me about $100 less. i never used classic before. just tryingto see what my best option is? thanks,vinnie

2. I've had Hagerty on my (OT) 71 Road Runner for years. 1) they increase the value on your car every year so that you are always covered for what it's worth. 2) I had a claim last year on the RR and they were on it and got me a check to get it fixed very quickly, and gave me ZERO hassles about it. I couldn't believe how smoothly that the claims process was.

They are going to insure my 49 Dodge truck as soon as I get it out of the garage too!

3. Brewton

Brewton

I've been using Grundy for years. Never had a problem, but then again, I've never had a claim (LOL).

4. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

Its different for us in Canada but being in the insurance industry I can say that unless you read your insurance and get the value that you think you car is worth don’t just look for cheap. Agreed value is the best way to be

5. About a year ago I changed from Condon & Skelly to Hagerty. I got better coverage for less money and the people are great to work with.They gave me exactly the coverage I wanted with no hassle.

6. big bad john

big bad john

......Check out your local State Farm Ins.........been using for 3 years now.....no problems with great rate......agent came out and took pictures..

7. moter

moter

Grundy...no problems and great price

8. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

I use Grundy, have two rods insured and very reasonable rates. Had one claim for towing when I blew the tranny out of my coupe. All I had to do was send them a copy of the towing bill and I had a check in less than two weeks. I previously had a truck insured with J.C. Taylor out of Minn., they were also reasonable, but I never filed a claim with them.

9. Dubya

Dubya

I have insurance through Classic, the policy itself is with American Modern Home. Last September my '69 Country Squire was totalled by a guy with no license and no insurance running a red light. It took them about two months to get a check to me, after lots and lots of back-and-forth on the phone. When my renewal comes up I will shop around. I had heard that State Farm does not have any restrictions on how you use your car (per Classic, can't drive to work, can't drive on errands, etc. etc.).

10. appaRATus

appaRATus

I just got insurance with Hagerty last week, I went online late Thursday evening and got an online quote of $150.00 on my 55 Olds. They called me about midday Friday and told me they could insure it for my stated amount and it was $5.00 less than the online quote. I gave them my CC# and it was insured right then.

So far I'm impressed with the customer service.

11. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

I've worked with a couple customers over the last year who had Hagerty claims. The folks in the head office are first class but they used an independent adjuster who was totally inept and botched both estimates. That really drug things out. One of the customers made the mistake of valuing his car too low on the policy. They ended up totalling it and by the time he bought it back he hardly had any money to put towards fixing it. This was for a Caddy convertible with superficial damage.

12. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

im using hagerty and have had no problems. my father has been using them for years and has no complaints...........john

13. Gator

Gator

Try a quick search, there are dozens of threads about insurance going.

Insurance

14. customcory

customcory

Dont use Nationwide :mad:

15. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I use Barlow Insurance services. He's great. I had Hagerty from him and had 4 cars all under valued. His new company gave me higher agreed values on the 4 cars (one at $70K) and insures your spare parts for the cars on the policy. All for HALF what Hagerty wanted.

16. VINNIE JAMES

VINNIE JAMES

thanks for the info, vinnie

17. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

They were complete asses when I had damage to my father's Caddy. It was baby blue with silver pearl flames...not easy to photograph. When told the flames were damaged they said, the pictures did not show flames. I'm like DUH! Ended giving us $600.00 on a $10K estimate, because we did our own work on it as well.

18. cant beat Grundy-good people and good service

19. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I wish I could get Hagerty, but my current garage does not fit the Cadillac. Do you know if Grundy has the same policy that it has to be in a garage?

20. I have State Farm on my home and all my vehicles except the hot rod. Went with Grundy. Just didn't trust SF for the hot rod.

21. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I have gone through american family in the past. My agent had a name of an appraiser, he came out and looked at the car, took pictures, and got back to me with a value that I felt was right on. It cost more than liability but less than the full coverage on my daily, and I could run regular plates and could drive whenever and wherever and park it anywhere I pleased.

Edit: I have never had to make a claim though, so I can't testify on how easy they would work with me.

22. CHOP36

CHOP36

I have Grundy great to deal with.

23. petes65usa

petes65usa

Hagerty for over 15 years ...no problems !

24. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

farmers..my agent is a car guy,,he understands what i have and whats its worth..

25. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Not 100% sure, but it seems like it was garaged or behind a fenced area?

I switched to Grundy when I noticed and asked Haggerty about the only to cruises or shows clause. Their answer was if you park it at say Napa on an errand and it is damaged or stolen it's not covered....:eek:

I have never made a claim, thought about having the Model A towed a few weeks back when it died and I couldn't find the part anywhere locally, just left it sitting where it died for a few days. At least it quit at a guys house where we shoved it into his garage next to his Hawk...

When I called them, Grundy told me no problem have towed where you want, we will reimburse you for it up to said dollar amount. They seemed very helpful.

Cheers
    RustyNCA

26. Eight433

Eight433

Currently switching from a local company over to grundy. Current company is about 225 as a stock vehicle. It is now bagged and they quoted me about double. Grundy, as a modified, wants 201 with no mileage limit. The local place has the standard 3k limit. Haggerty, however, wants about 450. All three companies are based on a 10k agreed value.

27. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i had farmers i hope u never have a claim. the first words i heard was we wont pay for this, this and that. disputed both estimates after they were kind enough to leave there bussiness and come to the garage for estimates. it was in a fire ,adjuster told me we could have u arrested for criminal negligence ,they also used an independent appraiser he was measuring the fuel lines and said u can buy parts for the carb it was a three month nightmare just setteled for next to nothing to get past it. (farmers no thanks)

28. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

If your using an agent other then a classic car insurer that takes a stated value you must be careful....telling then you have a 55 Buick and getting a 100 dollar quote then it gets wrecked or stolen and they give you the value of a 55 Buick (lets say 800 buck) even though you have 25K into it....your out! My father works for Nationwide and this happens alot. I use Grundy, 100K with no deductable ran me just over 600. Just make sure you have its value stated in your policy, good luck!

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Grundy :cool:

No matter which insurance company you choose make sure it's an "Agreed Value" policy, NOT "Stated Value" like your daily driver. Know the difference and know your policy.