Register now to get rid of these ads!

frenching headlights

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Steve Fritz, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Steve Fritz

Steve Fritz
    from wisconsin

anybody had good experience with a Frenching kit lately? I understand the Hagan Kit is not the best. What about the kit offered by AUTOLOC??? I am customizing a 51 Ford shoebox. Any ideas would be helpful, Thanks!
    Steve

2. toolman1967

toolman1967

I have been looking also and have even ran to the junkyard for some ideas. I will be interested to see what everyone says. Never done one myself and am not afraid to tackle it but am interested in what the other members experiences are.

3. 26 roadster

26 roadster

four posts, no proper intro yet, do the intro and ask your questions on the main board. note: do a search first

4. Yes tell us about yourself here before posting other stuff.

5. Steve Fritz

Steve Fritz
    from wisconsin

Sorry for the mix up, I am not too good with these web sites, I understand now I got into the wrong section.
    I am a retired " Ford Nut" , owned several classic Fords over the years. I enjoy finding cars from the 50's and restoring them. My past projects include 57 T-Bird, 57 Ranchero, 56 Sunliner, 61 Starliner, 54 Mercury, and now a 51 Ford ragtop. I still own the t-bird (since 1988), Ranchero and Merc. I did frame off restorations on all but the Bird. I do all the work myself, except final paint and upholstery.
    We live in western Wisconsin and belong to a small local car club , Coulee Classics. I enjoy going to local car shows ansd swap meets. Including Back to the 50's each year in St Paul Minnesota. Over 12,000 cars at the St Paul Fairgrounds. Best kept secret in the country, a great event put on by the Minn Street Rod Assoociation , for the past 38 years. Just google MSRA for details.
    The 51 Ford project I am now working on is my first real "Street rod" attempt. All my other cars were basically restorations back to completely stock condition ( except my Ranchero, where I hopped up the Y-Block some.) This 51 I found near here, the guy had already installed a FATMAN front end and 74 Maverick rear end. So I am completing the project with a Ford 302 and AOD transmission. Nothing high performance, I just want a nice cruiser. Hope to get some advise on Frenching the headlights. Some earlier posts were not too favorable concerning the Hagan Kit. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks again!

6. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Now that is a proper intro, Hey from Tennessee and welcome, enjoy the ride

7. Welcome..a wonderful intro...good example for all newbies

8. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

welcome fellow ford nut

cheers

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WELCOME, nice intro.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

10. big bad john

big bad john

.....Welcome from Evansville......thanks for redoing your intro.....

11. moffetkustoms

moffetkustoms
    from granby, mo

Hello, and welcome from Missouri. Great intro.

12. Welcome from Green Bay! BTT50's is a good time. I haven't been able to make it in the last few years, but may get to the Car Craft Summer Nats at the fairgounds this year.

13. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

welcome from another gb ford nut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

were looking at frenching are head lights but I think we are going to use the stock light and roll new metal around a frame. were doing this on 54 dodge.

15. banditomerc

banditomerc

pull headlight housing and mount to inside of fender.weld original headlight ring to fender.thats the "original"custom look..

16. dad-bud

dad-bud

Welcome fordnut - good intro, thanks for the redo.
    Enjoy your time here on the HAMB - it's a great place.
    Cheers.

17. Damn,you last three guys are about two years late to welcome this member...maybe better late than never...

18. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

we wisconsiner stay together welcome each other with respect.

19. Better late than never, good intro!