Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Fords on an elevator? What and where was it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Mar 14, 2011.

1. badshifter

badshifter

What is this? Anyone see this pic before?

Attached Files:

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Probably just a vertical parking elevator... could have been in any big city. Gary

3. i've seen that picture before , but can't recall exactly when/where/why and what it was about

4. Pharouh

Pharouh

They had those in Chicago for sure. Probably New York,too.

5. Greezeball

Greezeball

If I recall corectly it's a parking elevator in NYC and they had them in other big cities.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think that photo is from "Shorpie" ... bunch of cool pix there from the olden days. there was other photos of odd parking solutions as well

7. cederholm

cederholm

...we have those all over the city (NYC) - wish they were still loaded with old Fords and not new BMWs.

~ Carl

8. We had'em in Philly, too... and those aren't Fords- possibly Packard? That may be for a dealership, since they all seem to be the same make.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

No thread hijack, but...Anybody ever see the 'stacked' cars in the large pigeon holed racks at Warner Bros. Studios?

I recall they had Fords from T's thru the A's & '32-'34, then Woodies from A's thru '48.
    (could have had post '48 Woodies also, but also remember the '36-'40 Ford convertibles with Carson tops in there...some I remembered from the late '30s serials...)

10. dragway classic

dragway classic
    from U.P.

I think that was the way a collector or maybe a CEO stored their cars years ago.Probably the CEO,he could drive a different car everyday and not pay for parking in the BIG city.

11. Labold

Labold

If nothing else, it is a way cool way to display your cars (thinking of dealerships).