Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes a good quality reasonably priced 11" clutch set these days?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Max Gearhead, Mar 14, 2011.

1. I'll be needing a clutch & pressure plate before too long and I was wondering who makes a good quality reasonably priced heavy duty 11" street clutch set these days. Probably looking for a diaphram pressure plate. Don't know if any are still US made but I sure hope so. It's for a Chevy with 1 1/8"/10 spline input. I've found a few familiar brands and a lot of stuff I've never heard of. Any tips on good stuff will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Drive Em

Drive Em

I like Luk. I get the at Pep Boys.

3. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I have good luck with local auto parts chain store brand units (espcially Auto Zone), some have excellent warranties (lifetime?)

4. scrubba

scrubba

Hey, I have always demanded N A P A and I mean no Mexican rebuilds neither ! scrubba

5. I think I'm going to need something more than a replacement clutch as it's going behind a 409.:D Anyone used Zoom, Hays, Ram, etc lately?

6. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Borg Warner has held up ok behind mild builds , Zoom as well, Seems Centerforce has been the choice for most builds though.
    Don't get me started on that autozone garbage

7. LowFat48

LowFat48

I put a zoom kevlar clutch in an O.T. vehicle about 5 years ago , I like it alot.

8. I like Borg Warners, Car Quest stores used to carry them. Zoom also makes (or used to make..) Perfection American clutches. Again, good stuff.

You might want to take a trip to your Chevy parts counter to see what they have. I've built lots of things out of my local Chevy parts department and prices were surprisingly good on some items.

Bob

9. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Order a McLeod clutch from Summit. Not the cheapest, but they're a real good clutch. They make a 12" clutch that'll fit applications drilled for an 11". I've got two of 'em behind big block Chevys, and I had another one almost 30 years ago behind a hot 327 that held up to everything I threw at it.

They've been around a long time, they're U.S. made, and they're high quality.

10. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

go with the Clutchmaster set up. I have their dual friction clutch and the big 168 tooth Clutchmaster flywheel for my 409

11. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

McLeod Street Master, a little pricey but worth it.

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Centerforce. All the Mustang guys swear by them. I've driven a few high hp 'stangs and the Centerforce clutch holds a lot of power with a lighter clutch pedal. Great for the street

13. f100newb

f100newb

What 57 said. Have a couple centerforce clutches mated with Fidanzi flywheels.