Register now to get rid of these ads!

ive been robbed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatstax, Mar 13, 2011.

1. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

well all i can say is between wed and friday past, my shop in port hope was broken into and 16 alloy wheels were stolen as well as some other stuff i have yet to know about im sure. the lock was cut off the door, and the thief or thieves stole my shit. if anyone in the port hope area saw anything, let me know. i break legs so i hope i catch the scum who ripped me off. now i know how it feels after i thought it would never happen to me.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Eight433

Eight433

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope I never have to understand how you feel.

But it sounds more like you were burgled to me, not robbed.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sorry to hear, but might be helpful to elaborate on where Port Hope is and also specifically what kind of wheels you lost and if there are any uniquely identifying marks on them. A photo of them could possibly be immensely helpful if you have any. Also, what exactly is the "other stuff"? I see alloy wheels and "other stuff" almost every day.

4. lorodz

lorodz

alloy wheels check the scrap yard tweekers scrap them for quick cash ....

5. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

burgled robbed same thing to me, i am hoping people in my area will read this post

6. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

oh sry port hope is in ontario canada

7. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

but thans for the responses, i am quite pissed right now, sry for that

8. Sorry for your loss. A suggestion to these thiefts is night watchmen. Remember the days of them? Nowdays there seems to be to much red tape in the way, but i was one once, and chased several people off.

9. toolman1967

toolman1967

That sucks! Nothing worse than a thief!

10. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

thanks but i could never afford a retired old guy to hang around my shop, im installing cameras tommorow

11. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

:mad: usually ends up being someone familiar with your shop,put word out to the scrap metal yards as " lorod" suggested.makes ya feel violated.grrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sorry that this happened to you. we had our house broken into while I was out picking up some car parts just before Christmas. you never get over this, and will continue to second guess yourself as to what you should have done before hand. taking pictures of everything you have of any value and store film/disc elsewhere. low buck camera systems available from Harbor Freight, etc-hook up a old VCR to it. also, they have wireless motion detector alarms. have motion detection lights. etc you might luck out and get your stuff back. we did not. without pictures hard to convince insurance company that you had the stuff in the first place.nasty junk yard dog good too.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  13. Lol, dont have to be old, i was 26 when i did it, and trainning hard out in martail arts.:D
    Now im almost 45, and semi retired.:)