Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers--Navasota Nostalgia Races-Car Show and Swap Meet-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Mar 13, 2011.

1. RAY With

RAY With

The Navasota raceway held there first Nostalgia race and car show.The stands were packed and grounds were covered in cars and people. Many Hambers were there with there street rods-dragsters and other creations with power to spare. We were there all day and did about 300+ pictures and many Hamb friendly and a few others.Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did taking them and getting to see many friends local and from the Austin scene. As usual the rest of the pictures are posted on the hotrodchat gallery.Comments welcome and help keep us at the top so the ones still at the track will be able to find there hotrods in action or showing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RAY With

RAY With

3. RAY With

RAY With

few more select shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RAY With

RAY With

5. Very good photos, thanks for posting them. Cool cars, looks like a good crowd too.

6. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Best $5 I spent this year.

7. lost rodder

lost rodder

great pics man! There is a video on the whos going thread for the navasota show.

8. RAY With

RAY With

Thanks I will check it out. I got a few picks of your Rod and it surprised me the way it ran. One tuff badass little machine.

9. carl4675

carl4675
    from Conroe, TX

What a good time I had.....That old boy in that red Falcon was taking names and kicking ass...today....in fact I saw him hand a guy his ass back in a Cracker Jack Box.

10. lost rodder

lost rodder

ha thanks man, ya i was really pleased the way she ran today. cant wait to get a bigger gear for it..:D

11. Ray,
    WOW, thanks for the "coverage" on "Flathead Fever" FED:D
    And coverage of what was going on all around the grounds.....I seem to spend so much time discovering "bugs" in the rail that I miss out on the rest of the event.....you captured it quite well.

This ought to turn into a regular event.....we had a fun day.....and I enjoyed sharing some sit down time with you and Don Ross.....great day:cool:!

12. RAY With

RAY With

Skotz we really had a good time and I am sure Navasota will make it at least a 2 time a year event. The turn out was great and plenty of cars to look at. At some point you will have the bugs out so hang in there. I also enjoyed the "Talk" we have missed all year and Don was an added feature. We are getting ready for the LSRU so we should meet again and continue thrashing the past.

13. kisam

kisam

Sure hated to miss this event! Thanks for sharing. I like that guy in the orange rail!:)

14. RAY With

RAY With

You missed a good one Kathy. There were plenty of cars and people to go around and Me and the guy in the "orange rail" had time to have a lengthy conversation. There were also a bunch of us Old guys there from the 50's races to hold a National meet. I must have violated the Law having so much fun. One guy "brokenspoke" was either invisible or he didnt make it out his back door this day.Over all it was well worth all the effort and I hope navasota will start planning another event just like this one.

15. carl4675

carl4675
    from Conroe, TX

Can't wait for the Lonestar Round Up.....hey Ray, I hope that old Ford powered car of yours will stay up with me....I'll bring my rope just in case.

16. RAY With

RAY With

I guess Alzheimer's has captured your head because I am the one with the tow rope to make sure you get home on time. I am getting the Roadster and coupe ready so if the weather isn't right I have one or the other to go in. Now that's what you called prepared!

17. carl4675

carl4675
    from Conroe, TX

Hey Ray...just a bunch of old guys having fun uuh?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hey I do'em from 18 to 80...blind cripple or crazy

18. RAY With

RAY With

Yep and having fun is whats its alll about now. Thats why they call it the golden years. It takes a ton of Gold to eat and buy gas for the hotrods but thats the way it is --LOL

19. RAY With

RAY With

OK got the last pic's edited and posted--no more left

20. Awwww, sweetie, that was so nice to hear:D....I take it that you were thrashing on Tuffy....See ya in a couple of weeks

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I wuz there....great first show and drag

22. RAY With

RAY With

Where did you hide?? I was all over the place like stink on shi*. Thought I covered all the old cars. Was your car there? I was in the stands--parking lot-tower ect. Was looking for ya!!! If you saw it you saw a hell of a good show. OD Patrick was there but dont know when he left.

23. RAY With

RAY With

Carl and I will be leaving Friday AM 9:30 for the LSRU. What time you headed out and are you going to Mercury Charlies place Sunday?

24. cooger

cooger

Not to be anywhere near negative for this great event but I do have one comment.
    I and several "show car/street car" owners as they were called would have liked to see just one hour or so reserved for street legal cars to run each other-not line up against a full blown bracket racer. The time trials were for everybody and that was fine but we feel that there would have been a lot more participation from the 400 or so "show cars" that sat in the lot had there been a time for it. I know I'd have done it-and been able to race a couple of my good friends to boot.
    All in all, one hell of a good day.
    cooger

25. RAY With

RAY With

You may be right Cooger but many of the parked cars were there just for the show part. This being the first for navasota I know if you sent the track owner a request he will possibly make it happen on the next one which I am sure they will do. This was by far the largest event larry has had since he bought the track a few years ago and he is open for suggestions. We had a great time and went for the entertainment and to do a picture shoot for our web site. There is something for every one out there and all you have to do is let them knoww.

26. RAY With

RAY With

Cooger here is the track owners email and you can make some suggestions to him. He is always ready to listen to good ideas.
    [email protected]

27. Wow. Looked like a good time! Wish I could have been there.

28. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

bawaaahaaaaaa, LOL, name that motor!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done, love it, talk about had to confuse alot of people, hell probably confused everyone.

I love it, and not giving away what it is. Guesses?????
    [​IMG]

29. RAY With

RAY With

It would have been well worth your time and drive to make it. Turn out was over the top and no complaints were heard.There were top of the line dragsters from the 50-60's on hand for the cacvkle fest and a couple went to the track and nade passes.

30. jason65

jason65

Cool pics dude.