Register now to get rid of these ads!

AN 3 or AN 4 for front brake lines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Igosplut, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Igosplut

Igosplut

Did a search here and otherwise, and didn't come up with a satisfactory answer. I'm ordering brake lines and fitting to do the brakes on my straight axle Nova. I've got the Black Gold Wilwood vented rotor ft brake setup, and can get a better selection of AN 3 lines/fittings than AN 4. The three stuff seems a tad small. Opinions/experience from those who have???

2. Allmotor

Allmotor

AN-3 is what you want to use for brake lines.

3. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

4. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Just finished installing SS brake lines on my 51 Merc chassis. I used AN-3 SS braided flex lines front and rear with 3/16" SS hard lines.

5. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i`ve used both, but the 3 are more common, speedway and places like that sell them in varying lengths......

6. AN-3 WORKS FOR STANDARD NON/POWER BRAKES smaller line gives more pedal and more foot pressure. if your going to use power brakes the larger -4 is the ticket . -4 is quater inch and if you need any lines made up most hydraulic line makers are'nt equiped to make up the smaller -3 lines which are 3-16ths

7. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Wrong ! Does not make any difference. #3 or 4 will work equally well. As said much better selection in#3.

8. as JohnEvans said brake line size doesn't matter.

9. Igosplut

Igosplut

Thanks all, No power brakes. I looked at Speedway, but the motorcycle aftermarket actually has a better selection of parts and lines. The last time I drove this thing it still had the 50s front brakes while not too bad they could be hairy if you had to stop real fast...

This stupid thing hasn't moved under it's own power in twenty years, it's about time...

[​IMG]

10. Hasn't moved in twenty years..... You know why, it would look WAY more bitchin in my garage than yours.
    Besides that, it is probably cold, and would love to live in Phoenix with our winters.
    I can work out the shipping. : )

11. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Ask Tobin at KORE3, he can tell you what size is best and he can provide custom-made FlexKORE™ stainless flexlines for your exact application.

I've dealt with Tobin before, he'll give you friendly technical help even if you don't buy anything.

http://www.kore3.com/index.php