Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59 Olds "barn find" in urban NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petersen43, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Sauli

Sauli

Wow!!! Very nice! I like the color scheme on it, that is a gorgeous shade of green. Is the glass green-tinted as well?
    Looks like it all it needs is a good clean-up, probably some minor service on the mechanicals, and driven on a hot, summer night with the windows down!

2. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I agree, for a driver car the 4 door hardtop is the most practical and stylish car ever produced of any make/mfg., only negative is usually needing floors because of poor seal between front and rear side windows. A small price to pay for class!!

3. And here i was thinking i got a great deal for four grand!! haha. Oh well, Australia, i guess

4. RAY With

RAY With

That is going to make a really unique nice looking street ride. There out there and all you have to do is be lucky enough to be first with the money. You did real good.

5. sololobo

sololobo

Great 59 Olds, These are so rare and uber hip. You did a nice job here including not trying to beat up the nice older lady on the very fair price. A lot of good times, thumbs ups, and grins on your mug as folks admire your prize. Color combo is awesome. ~sololobo~

6. What an amazing car and find.

7. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

"The car was in White Plains up the block from that big stupid shopping mall. Come to the Rumblers show this summer, I'm gonna do my best to have the Olds there"

Hahahahaha that stupid mall..........Of course i'll be at Rumblers but I heard rumors it may not be happening this year b/c of permits any truth to that?

8. billys54

billys54

9. petersen43

petersen43
    from New Jersey

Haven't heard that, but I guess it's possible. There are a few Rumblers guys here on the HAMB, we'll have to ask that in a seperate thread about the next show. Last years was the biggest by far, and I think it likely spilled past the permit area. Judging by the look of exhaustion & anxiety on the guys faces there in the morning, I'd say they're getting overwhelmed by the volume of cars showing up.

10. sgnova72

sgnova72

Looks like you scored a great one. Hope all goes good and your driving it soon.

11. OMG, that thing has so much potential!!! I love any General Motors, 2dr post 59. Don't know why, but they're a favorite of mine.