Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to I do????..........please help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skatermann, Mar 8, 2011.

1. heavytlc

heavytlc

I spent the first 10 years of my driving life with a non Hamb friendly vehicle with no top or doors, at best I had a shitty soft top. I have a nice fiberglass 1927 Track T, and a motorcycle. I for the life of me have no idea why I have either. I am a truck guy at heart.
    I put more Miles a year in a ugly ass 1963 Fairlane 2door hardtop than most people put on their daily drivers. I would not take two roadsters for one coupe. Back in the day roadsters may have been the hot rod of the body styles, but real world lets drive 1000 miles in a day, I will be enjoying every mile rain or shine in a coupe. I have spent enough time freezing or wearing a rain suit, or feeling like I was in a tanning bed...
    Regardless if you made a deal, keep your word. You can't buy a good reputation, but you can earn it. Good luck.

2. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

joe, the most important thing you can learn at your age is the value of YOUR word. what you choose to do will determine its value. all before have encouraged you to keep your word so that it has value. what do you think it is worth! good luck with your build of the coupe-keep us posted.

3. Dirk35

Dirk35

Dont be a punk. If you gave your word, keep it.

Id rather have something with a roof anyday, even if I live in California.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I drive a phaeton, when its cold and rainy it's so much fun. That's why I'm going to a closed car, wind up windows and a roof. It'll make the cold and rain much more enjoyable. :D

5. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Keep your word and buy it. You can always cut the top off !!!!

6. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

HAHA! I thought the same thing.

Just wait, we'll both be gettin hate mail!

Just to put the cherry on it... Why not spend that $3500 towards a fiberglass roadster body?

:D

7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

The four things you should know at 15 yrs.old #1 DON'T PULL ON SUPERMANS CAPE #2 DON'T PISS INTO THE WIND #3 DON'T SCRATCH YOUR NUTS IN FRONT OF YOUR MOMA #4 YOUR WORD, IS YOUR WORD....

8. silent rick

silent rick

not many people from the jockey journal here.

really? a roadster too hot? too cold? too wet? not practical?

9. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

:) If I wanted practical, I'd buy a Prius.

10. toolman1967

toolman1967

Looks like you got your answer, I have been keeping an eye on this thread from the beginning. In the end all you have is your word. Parts and project vehicles come and go, but your integrity is for ever.

Keep your word!

11. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Well this thread died off without hearing back from the original poster. The question everyone wants answered, did he walk on the deal or did he man-up and follow through on the deal? I am guessing he walked. Second question is what ever happen to the 1940 Merc he picked up before?

This drama is better than anything on T.V. :)

Neal

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Hell, F that Prius in the arse...hybrids blow! I used to have one. Turbo diesels are much better! :p

13. pitman

pitman

If you are building a first car, to drive, then the coupe will become a fabulous rod over time. Add a heater you can drive it till the white stuff hits the ground. And you can lock the doors, roll the windows up, one day drive clear across country if you want to. I was 18 yrs and lucked into a '31. Was certain only a roadster would do...even got out the hack saw, till an older rodder leaned into me saying DON'T cut that roof off. He was right.
    Count your lucky stars...and if 20 years go by and the roadster still siren-calls, then build it.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

well, what was the outcome?

15. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

It's never easy making a decision of what to snap up.... Firstly, a Man has always got to stick to his word, but secondly, how bad can an 'A' Coupe be? You've got a whole life ahead of you to buy, flip and buy again..... Coupe or Roadster, make the most of being able to snap something like this up at your age. Drive the wheels off of that sucker!!

HC.

16. daddio211

daddio211

Our young friend logged in to the site last night, but hasn't posted anything since his one reply to this thread. I'm thinking he dogged the A owner, otherwise he'd be here telling us about it.

17. I bought the coupe! and a model a frame, a running '36 flathead, '36 top loader trans, '40 rear end, and 16" ford wires

as of now I'm trying to get the frame rolling

18. duecesteve

duecesteve

it is nice to have a roof over yer head!

19. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Good for you..................now lets see those pictures..

20. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

First off, I apologize, I was wrong.

Good start for a hot rod. Will be a good build. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Neal

21. Here are some pics of the coupe. sorry to make you guys wait so long:)
    I will try to get some pics of it in my shop

Attached Files:

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hell yeah. good choice.

23. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I agree with these other guys. You said you were buying it and you have to stand by your word. It's not fair to screw the seller. I'm dealing with the same bullshit now on a car I made a damn good offer on, that was accepted, and now the guy is saying he wants more cash. At only 15 the standards you hold yourself to now will be the foundation for the man you'll be before you know it.

24. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

From the pic's I'd say that is a nice looking coupe!

Good choice!

25. Labold

Labold

Good advice.
    You can always re-sell it if you have a change of heart later.

It looks good to me.

26. 5window

5window

I've got a Prius-and a '31 chopped coupe. Guess I'm set.

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Joe, you have to do what is right for you and only you can make that decision in the end. Regarding the advice here about keeping your word...when I was 19 I had a very nice 1940 Ford coupe. I bought a new SS Chevelle and put my coupe in storage in our barn. I remember telling myself that someday when I have time I would get back to the coupe. About a year later a guy driving by saw the coupe through an open barn door , stopped in and caught me in a moment of weakness with an offer for the coupe. I agreed and he left to get a trailer . No money had changed hands and I knew I was making a mistake. I asked my stepdad what to do and he gave me the same advice others are giving you here " you made a deal...keep your word". I kept my word and sold my coupe and have regretted it ever since. The best advice here is this, we all make mistakes. What I realize now is that my stepdad gave me very bad advice. What he should have said was to tell the buyer that I had made a mistake and to offer to reimburse him for his time and trouble.

With that said , if its coupe vs roadster, go with the coupe.

John

28. 1320/150

1320/150

uhhhh... I think he already went with the coupe!!

29. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Is it just me that wonders how these threads get brought back from the dead?

Have to give credit for using the search tool.

Neal

30. outlaw256

outlaw256

son im glad to see you stuck to your word.a very good start on to a stand up man.you are building the charator of the man you are to become.you did good. now, you want your money back? i like it !!! ken