Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A Saturday afternoon with yblock292 & Friends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Mar 13, 2011.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

A while back yblock292 (Jack) asked if I would come down and shoot some photos of his cars, good timing as I was just about to ask him if I could. So we decided we'd gather up his collection and take some photos next to an old barn near his house. He called up some of the other local hoodlums and had them bring their rides over too.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jack back in November when a couple of us met up at his house on our way down to the Stray Kat Cookout. I immediately had a new friend, as I'm sure just about anyone who meets Jack has the first time they meet him.

Anyways after putting in some time at the day job in the morning I rushed down to the Wichita area to Jack's place. When I showed up he had his collection out, plus a couple more cars that friends had brought over. I'll leave the names of the others out, if your car is here feel free to say so, I know a few of the fellas are H.A.M.B. folk. (I forgot to get everyone's screen name yesterday...note to self...duh)

Before anyone else says it, yes I know we need to do this again when the sun isn't behind the trees casting shadows on the cars, OR I need to invest in a bunch of reflectors to try to minimize the shadows :) I'll be doing some more editing over the next few days, these are the down and dirty versions, they should automatically update here.

Thanks to Jack for setting up this shindig and for inviting some cool people, I had a blast and am ready for the next one :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Good looking photos and good looking cars. Soon the trees will bloom out and you wouldn't have had the same effect with the accent on the old barn. Nice!

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Did you notice the price of gas at Jack's in that last picture? I tried filling up but he musta sold out...

6. triumphtony

triumphtony

Very cool pics.

7. Looks like a good time was had.Yesterday was 3/12;)

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yeah trees that are full of life would give a completely different feel to the old barn. Jack says that the road next to the barn is scheduled to become a 4 lane, so in a few years the barn will be no more.

9. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Absolutly Love your pics. Great eye there and some awesome looking cars/trucks there. Too bad you couldn't get some (pics) of one of those rods sitting in the barn with the front end sticking out, maybe the headlights on....just a thought but I imagin that would take quite a bit of work there with the way the door and the bottom of it looked in the pictures. Sure looks different with the trees/no leaves things like that.

Michael

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks a ton! I really wanted a shot of Jack's roadster looking like it just came out of the barn, maybe next time we'll take some ramps up to the door, I'm not sure that opening the doors would be a good thing, there could be all manner of badness inside haha.

11. Looks like a cool place, love the old barn. Seems like nice day, cool friends nice weather and a bunch of nice heaps. Thanks for sharing!
    Lars

12. yblock292

yblock292

Travis....................you're a master artist! Good time had by all, was fun getting all the cars out at once and they actually all ran! Thanks again for the fun and great shots! Hope to see ya soon.

13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Jack, I think you forgot the f in front of "artist".

There's some gems in there, but we'll get more next time! Thanks for putting together the guys and the cars, great group of friends you have there, thanks for introducing me. Let me know which shot you want to send up to Lawrence and I can email it to you.

14. yblock292

yblock292

The black caddy, 26K mile all original car owned by Michael Marshall, my restored 30 coupe was my 15th birthday present , 44 years ago i restored it in high school. The impala , 409 duel 4 barrel, 4 speed car owned by Gerald Keck local Mulvane hotrodder, Fudpuckers 58 ford, Joe and Jody Robinson's pickups and model a "bad ass" sedan, Mike Young , local hoodlums 29 full fendered roadster. Chris Carlsons pontiac, Owner of chaotic customs here in town, one of the best body and paint guys i have ever know. Turns out some of the finest kustoms from around here.And the rest of of the "stuff" hangs out with me.

15. My fav's were the b&w pics of Jacks '40 coupe.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yeah I have been looking at the rest of the roadster and '40 pics and thinking I should just do a B&W version of all of them.

17. yblock292

yblock292

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. This one in particular (the portrait format looks good here)

[​IMG]

19. wizzard23

wizzard23

Cool stuff!!!!!! Always fun hangin' out with Jack. See ya at Dewey

20. yblock292

yblock292

Kan't wait...........

21. JR64

JR64
    from Derby,Ks

Awesome photos Travis, It was great to finally meet you. Thank you Jack, a blast as always.

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks, I was lucky to have a great spot and great subjects, anything cool about the pics comes more from those two than myself. It was good to finally put a pair of faces with the trucks that I've drooled over :)

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I've been adjusting a bit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post some more tomorrow, g'night all.

24. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

loving the pic's, anymore pics of that pontiac ??

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks! Yeah there are a whole bunch, you can click on any of the pics to go to the gallery and see the rest, or I can grab some tomorrow an post them here. Since it has a more modern billet wheel (even though they are modern interpretations of a classic design) I didn't want to post too many here.

That's Chris Carlson's of Chaotic Customs in Mulvane, KS. There was just a cool article written about him in the Wichita Eagle paper. Chris is a great guy and a very talented one too. I really dig that car.

26. yblock292

yblock292

btt for the early morning crowd, something to start your monday off right!

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is some fancy shooting Traivs, You have so much talent you make Jack look kool. LOL!!

Wish that I could have been there..

Happy Trails, Mick

28. yblock292

yblock292

Glad some one can, at least hes from Kansas!

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

[​IMG]

Not sure if I'd posted these updated ones or not.

[​IMG]

I'm going to find a location in Salina and do another shoot soon, I'll put out an invite in a thread here when I get it figured out.

30. yblock292

yblock292

man thats kool , how a full size one to do a wall in the house??