Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods STOLEN! '32 Sedan/Delivery, Cumby TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

AGAIN!? Damn it! This is getting out of hand. I hope that it gets recovered. Man, I'm getting sick of hearing that peoples hard work is getting ripped off left and right.

2. RDR

RDR

sounds like a trailer would be a good place to store rattlesnakes.....surprise!:eek:

3. Anderson

Anderson

Again guys, this is a project car.....not complete, not running or driving, still in primer, still being built. A GPS on the car unfortunately wouldn't have done a bit of good in this case.

4. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

why wouldnt a GPS work in this case?Sure it would. GPS doesnt kn ow if its attached to a coon dog or a half built hotrod.

5. Anderson

Anderson

Alright, let me rephrase.

Not being finished, it was probably not thought of at that point to put one in. Yes, had there been one in the car it would have done a hell of a job.

But how many of the project cars here have GPS? Granted not everyone keeps their cars in trailers....

anyway, enough armchair quarterbacking.

6. I hope he didn't sell it to the crusher for drug money! HRP

7. abone1930

abone1930

Will keep an eye out, isnt alot of chopped deliverys.

8. Good luck with the car.Zoombeck is the GPS car finder. Not real good reviews on the system. Actually alot of problems. Technology WILL catch up soon where we can all afford a good theft device for our rods. For now it is insurance and the man above.

9. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

This is Vinny, I work with Jeff....Thank each and every one of you for helping to spread the word.

Here is the update as of today (Wednesday 3/2).

The trailer has been recovered by police, trailer is damaged and empty.
    The trailer was sold to an individual, both the thief and that particular buyer are in custody.

The contents of the trailer (4" chopped 32 delivery in light olive green dupont etch primer, roller chassis w/dark blue running gear, mock-up engine and trans, as well as multiple 32 parts stored in car) have NOT BEEN RECOVERED. The police were informed by the thief that the contents were sold for $250 to some Aryan Nation types down in Kaufman County, TX. The police have investigated and the alleged Neo-Nazi scrap dealers are not cooperating. If you have or know any helpful information, please call Jeff Kinsey or the Cumby Police Dept. Do not approach these crackhead thieves as they are under investigation and are more irrational than Charley Sheen.

The police believe that the car may have been cut up, but we are offering a reward for the recovery of any part(s) of this car, as well as for the conviction of these criminals. These are documented hard drug using felons and it would be prudent to consider them to be both armed and dangerous.

Don Smith is a true "salt of the Earth" person. I can not tell you how much it hurts to have someone like Don entrust us with his personal property, only to have it stolen by a drug addict completely by accident. The thief was after the trailer which was parked with several others at Jeff's house, which was a "safe neighborhood" until Friday, in broad daylight 2 blocks away from the police station.

We do with great shame, shoulder the full responsibility for what happened. We think the world of Don and his wife. There is no length we will not go to, to make things right for Don.

I am asking for all the help we can get on this one guys. Seriously.

I am not going to make any public threats or discuss vigilante justice, so if you were to know say for example...200 or more big scary people with nothing to lose that enjoy watching other people suffer and yet could otherwise be considered trustworthy, please don't contact me immediately. I would not like to meet them and discuss early American jurisprudence theory over light producing 87 RON dinner cocktails served on a carpet of warm Pb. We DO HAVE an address as a lead. A pleasantly substantial amount of brisket and beer will not be served after the rapture and final judgment......That is to say after the arrests and convictions of the alleged perpetrators.

Please remember that this is a fictional depiction of a non-realistic situation that no one was available to physically attend.

Call Hot Rods by JSK if you have ANY information that might help. Thanks, Vinny...
    (903) 994-2251

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  10. Anderson

Anderson

Thanks for the update Vinny.

Can you get any pictures of the car or tell us about any recognizable parts that someone might spot?

It makes me sick to think of a car like this being cut up...

11. lorodz

lorodz

wow all these cars stolen in tx lately you guys need to start locking ya stuff up....

12. that sucks i hope they get caught

13. basicbob

basicbob

Something like this Pisses me off!! Why don't they just give the guy enough drugs to kill two people & see if he will overdose.

I like many others will keep the look out for the car.

Bob Perreault

14. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

15. Cut it up? It's hard to believe anyone could be that stoned or that stupid! Hopefully this will have a happy ending and justice will be served.

16. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

We have been combing through our photo archives looking for pictures of the 32 sedan delivery that was stolen. We have found a few of it in the background of pictures of other cars, so if Jeff and the police give me permission, I will post them here.

Once again, thank each and every one of you for efforts.

Vinny

17. Talked to Mr. Smith last night. Things are looking up in this case.

18. apound

apound

let us know if there is anything we can do Vinny. Hope it turns up in one piece.

19. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

Here is a picture of the 32 sedan delivery that was stolen from Hot Rods by JSK in Cumby Texas 0n 2/25/11.

It's not the best picture one could ask for, but it's what we have to work with.

Attached Files:

20. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

Some additional information that may help:

1). Front and rear suspension parts are painted dark blue, they were take-offs from Don's current project we are working on.

2). Dropped super bell front axle, drilled hole i-beam style.

3). Ford 9" rear axle w/ coil-over shocks.

4). Stock boxed 32 frame modified for SB Chevy/auto trans, in bare metal.

5). Roof insert is filled with raised ribbed material.

6). Doors (including rear door) are fitted with bear claw latches.

7). I believe the firewall is a Bitchen firewall.

8). This is a rolling chassis with dark blue painted rims, new tires.

9). Dark blue parallel 4-bar front suspension, Bare metal triangulated 4-bar rear suspension.

10). Rear of car has misc. parts stored inside, including Rootlieb hood, headlight bar with headlights, finned aluminum Buick brake parts, and probably more stuff I can't recall at the moment.

21. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

3/13/11 Update....

We are still looking for the 32 Sedan Delivery. No news to report other than the investigation is still underway.

I sure do appreciate all of you keeping your eyes and ears open and helping us.

Call Hot Rods by JSK if you have ANY information that might help. Thanks, Vinny...
    (903) 994-2251

22. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man that SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! I will keep my eyes and ears open on this end.....

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Makes you wonder about ANY 1932 Ford parts that turn up on the internet. Hope things turn out well.

24. racer32

racer32

Storing it insde won't help either. My O/T Firebird was inside a locked metal shop building. The thieves who robbed parts off of it just unscrewed a sheetmetal panel, walked in, and opened the door from the inside.

25. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

one hanging would stop some of this shit

26. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Anybody else see this on ebay, what are the odds

27. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

And why take it from ca to canada to sell

28. Anderson

Anderson

That's not it...different firewall, not as much chop....almost looks like a glass body even. Plus that one has an independent front end.

29. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

Thank you for posting the eBay listing. I examined it closely and unfortunately it isn't the 32 we are seeking. It sure was a good lead, and I appreciate the information VERY much.

Thanks, Vincent

30. kiwi88

kiwi88

Hi sorry to read about your car. I lost a detailed rolling chassis for my 56 pick up a coupla years back and it sucks big time. Seems rat bags are the same the world over. Hangings to good for them, unless you add drawn & quartered into the mix, then we are talking justice. There are some good GPS units on the market now and well worth investigating. We've just put one in prize cars for the Beach Hop. Soon as they're moved we know about it. Not that expensive either. Good luck, hope things turn out for the better for you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011