Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Gary Howard Fire... Spare a dime?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. duste01

duste01

Hey, I have a few extra in the tools department, just not much in the bank. I have thousands in the paint dept. but its here and not there. If you can get me an address, I can send some air tools and "STUFF"....in a care package. Dusty

2. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Hey Gary, We will prob never meet, but your story has moved me. I feel the least I can do has been sent and really wish you the best!!!

3. bonesy

bonesy

Mr. Howard,

I've been a huge fan of yours for a while. You just get it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. With Ryan's help I've listed an old set of SBC rocker covers in an auction. In just a couple of days they have already gone north of $300. The HAMB is full of good people.

Best of luck sir,

Scott

4. Don't know how I missed this thread for two days, but I'm on it now. C note on the way to Gary. I've been to his shop a couple of times and admire everything I've ever seen that come out of it. And a humbler, nicer guy you'll never meet.

See you in April Gary.

Dennis

5. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

$100.00 sent via Paypal. Bob

6. victoria kid

victoria kid

Paint guns on the way. Monday maybe.

7. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Been out of touch the last few days so I just read this. I'm so sorry that this had to happen to someone who obviously is so well respected and loved in the community. I've never meet you but as a fellow car guy I know you. Money sent and good luck man.

8. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Here's a little background for those of you not too familiar with Gary's work.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=1145

And while I love Jimmie's '54, Mike Young's '60 Impala presses some strange button for me, too.

Hang in there Gary!

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i just read about this... broke my heart for a myriad of reasons...

Ryan, i sent some cake your way via the atomic ind. paypal deal...

thanks to you and the rest of the Tejas brothers for reachin' out and lending a hand. all my best from frozen Wisconsin

10. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

I paypal some money this morning hope it helps. Sorry to hear about this I had a fire a few years back and so can relate to how heavy it is emotionally.

11. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

On the surface this is a car site, when you look closer you see the people that make this hobby great. Gary Howard is one of the nicest guys out there.

12. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

Just PayPal'd some coin your way. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Josh

13. JOE C.

JOE C.

Wow. Been away from the HAMB for awhile. Sorry to hear this.
    If I can do anything else,let me know.
    G.Howard Rules!

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Had a storage building burn to the ground years ago. Mine was the result of arson but the results are the same..........you loose.... period.
    Not able to send a lot but i'm of the opinon that if everyone contributes a little the final result can be significant. Hope Gary recovers from this and is able to come back stronger than ever. A few $$$'s on the way.

Frank

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thank you all sooo much for your generosity... Gary actually got some work done this week and is well on his road to getting his shit back together. You guys were more help than you will ever know.

THANK YOU!

16. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

I too want to thank everyone for not only their monetary donations but also all those awesome auctions. These events have moved Gary like I have never seen. The lows and the highs for him over the past week have been unreal. He is family and the unbelievable outpouring of support for him from all of you was just incredible. Like Ryan said he actually got some work done this week on some cars and that my friends after seeing what was left out there at his place is truly a testament to all your help. He could not have done it with out you. Gary still a has a long way to go to get it all behind him, but all y'alls love and support and green has started to pave that road for him. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping out our friend and mentor. He can't wait to see everyone at the Round Up and thank all of you in person. Steve

17. victoriakid

victoriakid
    from iowa

Sent some doe on visa hope you get it.

18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Coin sent........

19. James Curl

James Curl

Sent a donation via Pay Pal just now, sorry to hear about the fire. I live in Georgetown just a short distance from Gary's place and had not heard about the fire until I visited the H.A.M.B. this evening, been away from the site a while..

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

sent enough for a hamb sandwich , a few brews and a bag of M&M s

21. texastramp

texastramp

I have tried three different times today to write something down here to try to thank everyone for their thoughts and efforts and help and obviously the contributions. Every thing I can think of to say just quite simply isn't enough. I do know that when it all feels like too much to look at and deal with, my frame of mind comes back to dead center a lot quicker because of all of you on here than it would have without this "place" and you people. To me that's a big big thing because every one of you chose to help, you didn't have to. Man I am so humbled by it.

I don't know a lot of you but I sure hope I get to meet you. Like Steve "El Jefe" said I will be at the Roundup for sure so if I don't know you and you see me stumbling around stop me and let me know who you are. I want to thank you in person. I really do.

My wife Jo Ann and I thank you all so damn much !!!!!!!!! You are making a big big difference on how we go forward from here.

Gary

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  22. moter

moter

Gary... Ive never met you..but ive seen your work..and i look forward to meeting you at the Roundup! Glad to be able to help!

23. hunter1111

hunter1111

Just now heard about this, so sorry! Sent $100. Anything you need gary just let me know.

24. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Any updates on this? Or from the local's down south?

Chris

25. moter

moter

Just wondering how Gary is doing. Have not heard much in awhile

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Was thinking about Gary earlier today... Wondering how he's doing, how the new shop looks, etc.

I most likely missed it, but does anyone know if an update has been posted? It'd be cool to see the result of everyone's donations.

Malcolm

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah that would be cool to see a pic of the rebuilt shop