Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wild Canary wants a 350---

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Mar 9, 2011.

1. The old 305 I used when I built my roadster pickup is still going strong, but it never has been a "Grab your ass and hang on" kind of engine. I'm going to be 65 this summer, and I might like a few more fast trips down the 1320 (or between streetlights) before I kick off. If you live in Ontario and have a GOOD 350 engine, send me an email and we'll talk about it. Engine MUST be streetable, as the Canary is my daily driver from May untill October.----Brian

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

You can get some ready to drop in and go Chev with 400+ hp for small change from Year One . Check them out and you can get a ground pounder for little money plus it's new ! I don't think you can find a better deal unless you build it yourself ! I think they are around $3000 ???

Retro Jim

YearOne Impala SS Catalog: Restoration and Performance Parts
    Building American Muscle. Backed by our unequalled "No-Sweat Return Policy."
    Impala SS » Engine » YearOne Crate-Engine Assembly » YearOne Power Crate Engine Assemblies » CT350PC1

Engine Specifications:
    * Horsepower: 400+
    * Torque: 400+ ft/lbs
    * Compression ratio: 9.5:1
    * Dyno-tested: Yes, includes balancer and 14" flexplate
    * Dyno sheet: Included with engine's output
    * Vacuum produced: 12hg @ 800RPM
    * Recommended fuel: 92 octane
    * Max recommended RPM- 6000
    * Block: Seasoned 4-bolt iron
    * Crankshaft: Nodular iron
    * Pistons: Hypereutectic
    * Connecting rods: Powdered metal
    * Camshaft- Hydraulic roller
    * Valve lift:.520"
    * Duration @ .050" (int/exh): 218deg/228deg
    * Rocker arms: Stamped steel 1.6:1 ratio
    * Cylinder heads: Ported Vortec
    * Valves: Stainless steel 2.02 int/1.60 exh
    * Valve springs: Heavy duty
    * Bore x Stroke: 4.030" x 3.48"
    * Intake manifold: Dual-plane aluminum
    * Oil pan, timing cover, valve covers included
    * Engine fasteners: High tensile strength
    * Warranty: 12 mth/12,000 mi
    Part # Description Price Add to Cart
    CT350PC1 Year One Power Crate 400hp 350 crate engine assembly. $2989.00

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. Who is the dipshit that gave this thread one star? They can PM me to avoid embarrassment.

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That's a short block... :cool: Add a few bucks to that.

5. Actually, a short block would probably work fine for me. My 4 barrel was a complete rebuild when I built the car seven years ago,and my centerhead and rams horn manifolds and HEI distributor should all work. Likewise, the oilpan, valve covers, etc.

6. change the rear end gears and let that 305 scream. quick is fun!

7. The 305 has over 200,000 miles on it. It might have one or two screams left in it, and then I'd be left setting by the side of the road.

8. retromotors

retromotors

Nobody gave it one star.
    It's the way the rating system works. It takes multiple votes to move it up the scale.

9. Naw, SOMEBODY gave it one to start, I can click on 5 stars and get all of them right outta the chute if the thread deserves it.

Brian, you look at the GM crates? We installed a few for folks and for 1500ish you got a solid motor WITH a warranty

10. Tman--Hey, You're right. I just called an engine rebuilder in Toronto, and for $1600 I can get a rebuilt 350 long block with a one year gaurantee. That surprises Hell out of me, because I checked with partsource 2 years ago and they wanted something like $3200.

11. Check your local dealership and compare, you might be even more surprised

12. Be VERY careful who you deal with as far as Toronto area engine rebuilders. Some engine rebuilders might be close and others you may have to CROSS the TOWN (;)) to get to. I do know the SBC is a very basic engine, but ...

Ask around before you drop the coin ...

(as for the engine rebuilder that I may or may not have alluded to, I personally have not dealt with them but I do know a couple of people that have and it hasn't been good ... cheap is not always/very seldom the best way too go)

13. harmless

harmless

Hey Brian, give me a shout if you need a hand doing the swap, I'll come down.

14. Thanks Harm---Brian

15. It seems that prices for a long block 350 are all over the map. An engine builder in Toronto wants $1600. An engine builder in Orillia wants $3000. PartSource in Barrie can get me a fabulous deal at $3200!!!

16. F8TL

F8TL

i am a big fan of the 383 stroker.

pile of torque and plenty of horses and when you look at it can seem plain jane sbc.

17. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I recently bought one from www.sdparts.com. All new not rebuilt. Price was right around 1600.00 shipped right to my shop.

18. McDeuce

McDeuce

The Yearone crate motor s a 350, 400HP, $3000.00. It is a long block, you have to add distributor and carb.