Register now to get rid of these ads!

When is a "barn find" NOT a barn find?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost every time the fucking term is used on the HAMB:mad::rolleyes:

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I'm grouchy too frist thing in the morning...

3. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

You know, Tucks pads will help with that. Don't ask me how I know...

4. skirtless33

skirtless33

If it's in my barn I already know it's there.

5. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Well, I was in my barn, in my shop, at my desk, on the computer and found a car on ebay!:D

Does that count?:rolleyes:

6. Actually, it's closer than some claims I've read:D

7. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

obviously you haven't found anything in a barn lately. My find was actually in a garage. you'll know when you find it.. Keep looking...

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When it was well known where it has been sitting for the past XX## of years.

That 41 Buick that everyone in the county has known that old lady Jones has had sitting out in the garage behind her house since her husband died in 1971 isn't a barn find. But that 41 Ford Coupe that your buddy found in a shed on the property he was hired to clean up after the developer bought it from the family of the old guy who lived there for sixty years is.
    Some guy would call a car a barn find if they bought it from the guy who has his space in the goat barn at the swap meet at the fairgrounds.

9. I don't see a "barn find" as being a rare occurence. I grew up in a rural county. and we always had cars or trucks in the barn! A lot of our nieghbors did too!

Dad kept his '47 Ford convertible and an old ('50s) fibreglass-bodied racecar in the barn for decades.

When we moved my parents off the farm, I counted 15 motorcycles (including a few of my own!), and probably 20 or so antique outboards and "hit and miss" engines, 2 24-stud Ford flatheads (complete) and various hop-up parts for the flatties.

Most of this was auctioned off, to help with the move, back in the '80s.

10. I like old barns.

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Barn find
    Tribute
    Rat …
    Recreation
    Clone
    Custom (applied incorrectly)
    Pickers (WTF ?)
    ………….(and many others) yes agreed all highly annoying :)

12. Doesn't annoy me at all. I've found a couple old cars in barns. If you hear of an old car in a barn, just let me know and I'll check it out for you, just in case it might actually be in a shed or something. :D:D

13. MODELA30

MODELA30

What no barns in california. Knuck from indiana.

14. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

"Under a Cheap Blue Trap Behind a Single Wide Find" is a better decription of mine.....

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got me a barn find!! 1974 Camaro from a garage in a mid 90's prefab up in Riverside!! whoohoo!!

16. i've been in a lot of areas where just finding a BARN would be considered a 'barn find'.

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I think its become sort of a generic term to describe something that has been sitting for awhile, maybe decades, waiting to be "discovered. Sort of like the term "Gasser" nowadays seems to be used for anything with a straight axle. "Look Pa, I got me a Peterbilt Gasser!".

18. rustdodger

rustdodger

A "barn find" is actually a vehicle until recently overlooked in a barn about the same percentage of the time that a "rat rod" is really an rod.

19. fbama73

fbama73

Help me out here- I'm stupid. Who cares if it's a barn find? Or a driveway find, a shed find, a basement find, etc?

Does it make it less rusted, or closer to running, or more rare? And if it does anything for the car, why can't it been seen?

20. I found a barn once? Can be said to be a "barn find" ?

Loosly used phrase to say the least. Any more I dont even look at a thread that says any of that.

21. davis574ord

davis574ord

my model a was in a barn for about twenty years then it burned down and the moved it across the road to their tractor barn where it sat for another close to thirty years, everybody in the county has tried to buy it, i finally got it on a trade deal! tru barn find!

22. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Useless thread...

23. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

I'm right there with you, Grouchy.

I get a woody when I read the titles, to only find the car is under a carport behind some lady's house in the 'burbs.

Way overly-used term around here.

True Barn Finds, to me personally, are discovered by mistake, luck or just plain ignorance in an old structure of some sort out in the fucking sticks...but that's just me. :)

Flaco

24. old bone

old bone
    from maine

they dont make barns anymore
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.