Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire burns down house.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordblue4ever, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

I have some stuff I would like to send. Children are all blessings and should be treated as such. You Sir, are a very good father for thinking about your son as much as you do. This is what the HAMB community is for: "Helping those in need". It looks like many on the board are very giving. Please send you addy and I will ship something special off for the youngster. Do Mom and Dad need any help? Stay warm and be safe. Prayers sent to all.
    - "Hollywood" Jon

2. das858

das858

I just dug through my sons old car collection and found some nascar cars I'd be glad to send. P.M. me your mailing address and they will be on the way.

3. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

I have a Jimmie Johnson autographed Victory Lane cap from his win in Martinsville in 2009 - never worn, just displayed. PM me with your address and it's on its way. Keep your chin up, sir, you are a special dad. "A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

4. Displayman

Displayman

Very sorry for your loss.
    Pretty scary pictures.
    I don't have anything Nascar ,sorry.
    People who do will help your son.

Bob

5. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

I have a 6 year old son who has Autistic/assburger tendancys and understand the importance of routines and familiar surroundings for your sons comfort. I have some items he may like, nascar orientated, PM info to send.
    God bless

6. RichG

RichG

7. toolman1967

toolman1967

He likes Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson.

8. toolman1967

toolman1967

Its Aspergers syndrome, Sorry , my son has it also and I find the other term offensive. Not trying to be a jerk but I am sure you dont want people calling your son by the offensive title.

9. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Google this and you will see more info about this www.algerohio.com

I spoke with the Mom yesterday and she is very nice even in this time .

Letter sent for Micheal and Jared ...

Hope it helps.......................

God Bless to all............

BTTT...........

10. rodknocker

rodknocker

I'm terribly sorry for everything that has happened to your family. Though I've never been in a house fire, I've had events in my life with my wifes illness that has had me screaming at the sky asking god why, but those times will pass, and the help you get from friends and family, will give you reassurance of the good in "everyday people" even when they're 1000's of miles away. You'll also find the people on this website are nothing short of amazing, welcome to the HAMB, and my best to you and your family.

I just also wanted to ad this, trust me my kids are everything to me too, but you also need to make some time for yourself and your wife, so please let us know if there is anything you or your wife need that we might be able to assist you with.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  11. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

How old is your older son? What is he into? I assume he could use some cheering up also?

12. Hotrodrrs Garage

Hotrodrrs Garage

Sorry to hear about your house fire loss. Its a blessing that no one was hurt. We have an 9 yr old nephew who has Aspergers, so we know what his personal things mean to him. Please send me your P.O. Box and I'll be glad to send a nascar diecast to add to his new collection. Good luck to you and your family. Our prayers are with you. God Bless!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  13. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

Jason's Oldest son is 16 and is into anything to do with airplanes.

Here are some pictures of Jared Opening up a few gifts from The H.A.M.B

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you All!! You guys have made Jared's day. He was soo excited he was shaking when he opened them up

14. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

15. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Now THATS what its all about.

16. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

please give your whole family a hug for me, i lost my daughter to a house fire 15 years ago. thank god everybody is ok. please pm me your address, i have some nascar stuff to send.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Hey fellas, it seems most of us aren't NASCAR fans but I just wanted to remind everyone looking at this thread that our young friend has a particular fondness for "NASCAR Preview Magazines".

If anyone has even one to spare I'm sure it would be just as appreciated as the die casts everyone is so generously donating. It's heartwarming to see such an outpouring here on the HAMB, which seems more like a mosh pit some days!

Prayers from my family to yours, my friend!

18. toolman1967

toolman1967

Great pics of a young man being BLESSED by members of the H.A.M.B.

Well done guys!

19. iceokie

iceokie

I think I read that his brother lost some cash he was worked for/saving for a trip to DC? If that's the case I'd like to help him out.

20. MrSpade13

MrSpade13

I'm truly sorry for your loss and hope i can help just a bit. i have several die-cast nascar series car's i'll dig them out this weekend

21. Kenny P

Kenny P

The pictures are awesome, thanks for posting them.
    I bet he is going to have an amazing collection of Nascar stuff.
    Nothing cooler than seeing a kid opening up a box of goodies and watching that big ol' smile spread across his face.

22. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Sorry toolman nothing meant by it,ignorance is repairable. We are just going through diagnosing stage with my son this last week or so and spelled it like it sounds.

Great to see your son smiling opening his gifts, more to come im sure.

23. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

I just signed on here. Read the hamb all the time and this young man just touched me. I have a butt load of nascar stuff that is in boxes and Id like to go through it and see what i can find for this young man. PM address please or send it to my email [email protected]

24. Got your pm. Our p.r. girl is on it. Should have a box headed your way early next week. Looks like hes got some great stuff already!
    -Justin

25. Gator

Gator

Sent the few items I had yesterday. God Bless.

26. brady1929

brady1929

gonna try to get a package out tues, wed or thurs of next week. what is the oldest boys name?

27. I have about 30 or so 1/64 nascar die-casts. I think there is an Edwards/Johnson in there and they are at least 5-10 years old.

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Fordblue thanks for the pm I will be getting something in the mail to Micheal this week.

29. rmak

rmak
    from Ohio

I just want to throw in my two cents. My step-son has CP and we just adopted our third son who has autism. Anything I can do to help, just drop me a line. It's sometimes a tough road to hoe, but as you know, it's full of many rewards too.

30. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

have a step grandson with autism. just wanted to say thanx to all you HAMBERS who stepped up!