Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hope everyone in Japan is ok

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I had a post on Facebook from my buddy Tano T Roadster this morning. He's up north in Sapporo, and other than the electric and land lines being overloaded, it's OK up there.

[​IMG]

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My thinking too. I hate to say it, but I think the current count hasnt even scratched the surface. I think this is going to end up far worse than Indonesia.

3. hopin everything will turn out as good as possible...........and hopin the other Island guys thruout the pacific are holdin up ok too!

4. I'm half Japanese, and my mom lives in the burbs here. Some of her friends there in the area are very worried as they are from Northern Japan. We're pretty sure our family members are okay as they are in Ishikawa and Chiba ken.

My friend's mother in law is on a cruise ship off the coast of Japan.

5. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

May god watch over and protect them in their time of need. Long days ahead for them all.

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

the good news is that japan has an excellent warning system and if anyone is prepared for evacuations like this; they are the ones. their warnings went out as soon as possible when the quake struck so many of the people in that area did get out so i doubt the death toll will be as large as indonesia. unlike the recent japan tsunami; the indonesia tsunami came out of nowhere and wasn't really expected. they also didnt have the warning systems in place like japan. While any death toll is unwarranted, this could be far worse. here's hoping that they make lots of progress in the recent daylight.

7. Our son is in Okinawa, far from the main island of Japan, he did say the water may have went up 3-5ft but other then that the electric was going on & off. He did say on the main island it was a disaster, but we all already know this....joe

on a side note....
    My sister heard on the news this morning that the tremors from the Earthquake in Japan were felt around the world. The scientist's have said that because of the quake in Japan that the land mass around St Louis raised up and went back down an 1/2inch because of the earth quake

8. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

My aunt is from Japan and is having a problem getting ahold of one of her brothers who lives near the refinery that is on fire, she did hear from her other brother and neice. Its going to be a long road to recovery.

Jon

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Amazing films I have been watching.....also the internet says that Japan in the last 30 days has had 33 minor earthquakes.....2012?

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thoughts go out to all in Japan who are suffering from this devastating act of Nature. The destruction and devastation is really beyond belief. I am awe struck and humbled by the power of Mother Nature when she stretches.

11. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

We know a girl from Japan (named Saori) that is here going to school. In a couple of days she was going to go back home for a vist. She cannot get a hold of her parents, and all flights right now from Canada to Japan are cancelled. My thoughts and prayers go out to Saori and everyone in Japan.

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Some scarry shit. according to the news, Now they are saying a nuclear plant is in big trouble, it lost its power and its generator back up power that cools the water meant to keep a melt down like Chernobyl Russia from happening.They said it is running on batteries now I pray to god it never happens,many more lives will be lost (or destroyed ) if they have a melt down.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thoughts & prayers going out.

14. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

This is so very sad, and unbelievable, we are all praying for every one in Japan at the moment.
    Has anybody got any news on Nash from Burnout magazine or any of the pinstripers that are always over in California, Ghost, Makoto, Mr G, ?
    I don't know where abouts in Japan they live, but I am sure it is near the coast?
    I hope they and their families are all safe and sound and not hit too much.

15. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Positivity and healing vibes sent to my brothers in Japan..

16. mortecai

mortecai

We are praying the nuclear disaster is averted. Those poor people have had enough radiation sickness over history.

17. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Explosion in plant. Black smoke pouring out.
    Another Tsunami warning issued.

http://twitpic.com/48pwv6

Some bad shit happening there.

18. Lucky444

Lucky444

I have emails out to Nash and Mr. G, but have not heard back from either yet. Nash lives a little bit south of Tokyo, in a town near the ocean. Mr. G is very far away in the south of Japan and am pretty certain he must be alright. From all my other friends in Nagoya, Yokohama and Tokyo, I've gotten reports back that they and everyone they know are fine and safe. The real tragedy will be up north in the Sendai area I'm sure. Of course the situation at the nuclear reactor in Fukushima, north of Tokyo, will be developing over the next few days.

19. And we were bitchin' about a couple of blizzards this winter...

I saw that the carrier USS Ronald Reagan is close by and responding and we're sending more help. I saw on CNN some footage of a wave of water invading an airport... one less place to land planes until they get it cleaned up.

Bob

20. IGOR

IGOR

I'm pretty sure Nash is in the US right now. Just saw that this am. Still can't believe how horrible all the footage is that they keep showing. Couldn't imagine seeing that first hand.

21. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Nash is in the US right now. From what I've heard via facebook Mr. G, Ghost and Makodo are all ok.

22. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

My prayers will be for our fellows and the country over there. I'm hoping our fearless leader will send AFSOC Combat Controllers and Red Horse in to the airfields over there to get them up and running again. And that our country responds as diligently as we did for Haiti.

23. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

That nuke that blew up is scary, I hope all this settles out OK soon.
    Besides the obvious prayers and help, I hope somehow the cleanup and rebuilding boost Japan's economy back up. I'm also concerned about all the filth in the ocean now.... seeing all that debris, where's it gonna go?

24. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

God be with them..

25. Lucky444

Lucky444

That's good if Nash is here! I heard back from Mr. G this morning and he and his family are fine. Junichi SHimodaira from Paradise Road in Nagoya as well as Shige Suganuma from Mooneyes in Yokohama are safe too.

26. Ricky B

Ricky B

Godspeed for the rescue people, thank God the U.S.Navy can help the country out. I hope the other HAMBERs are going to be okay.

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thats good news.. that Jason for getting a hold of those guys.. glad there ok was thinking
    about them this morning..

28. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

God bless 'em! Can't imagine. Guess I'll stop bitching about winter.

29. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

It was reported that the Quake MOVED Japan 8 feet to the East!

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It also shifted the Earth's axis slightly, which will slightly change the lengths of our seasons; but not enough that we will notice.