Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many miles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim Lohman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

How many miles have you put on your daily driver chasing parts etc for your rod before putting one mile on the project? Trips to Home Depot for bolts and hot dogs, running to welder supply, horrible freight to replace grinders, steel supply companies etc etc.

2. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

I never thaught of it in miles,Maybe 10-20 a week.I usually look at how long it will take but that depends on what im driving. If I pull into NAPA or welding supply store with one of my old Dodge's or IH's. It can take a while. A few years ago I had a 62 Buick. I pulled into CarQuest to get something and the employees were outside asking me questions before I could even get out of the car!

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not nearly as many as I did 30 years ago. Partially because I have a stockpile of parts that I collected then.
    Parts house, welding supply and steel yard runs are made at lunch time during the days I work. The interesting wrecking yards are 20 or 35 miles away and I only go when I need something. Bolts I get at the local AG supply shop by the pound or per each from the local welding/machine shop that caters to the ag trade.

4. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

How many miles have you put on your mouse cruising the H.A.M.B.?

5. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

My hot rod is my daily driver

6. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

who in their right mind would even think of keeping track of this?

7. rodknocker

rodknocker

I don't keep track, I just think thats the whole fun of building a rod, goin places meeting others with the same interests.

8. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I am like rodknocker, really do not want to know how much money, how many miles, how many miles to the gallon, how many cut fingers or any other how.
    EXCEPT; how did you do that??????????

9. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

Haha, just thought bout it today whilst heading out yet again to get some parts.

10. screwball

screwball

I dont care I dont count $ spent miles driven blood spilled and time spent its all relative to how much you want the project done. To count all the time energy and $ would take the hobby out of it and reduce the fun to the lowest common denominator and to me that would be more like another friggin job. I dont want another job.

11. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

As soon as I finish mine it will be too.

12. I live 50 miles to the nearest town that has a decent assortment of stuff...I'm sure it'd be in the thousands of miles to complete a project.