Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Free Advice, worth the price?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIL.TIMMYUser Name, Mar 11, 2011.

1. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

had some of the guys over to help me turn the car around. i'll let you make your own captions, suffice it to say helpful suggestions were flying:p thanks for the help fellas!

Attached Files:

2. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I don"t think any of those are going to be any HELP, Hands in the pockets would be the first indications.

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

who were all the old guys watching work while they were standing around....?

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wish I had that body sitting on a proper set of deuce rails without all the craprod stuff hanging of it.

5. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Well they don't look like the working type or at least not on your ride. Looks like they are trying to figure out on just how to tell you...lol

6. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

they look busy........ busy playing with themselves!

7. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Mr48Chev, Please be nice that car is on it's way to becoming a vey nice old skhool hot rod. He is just not finished it yet.

8. 26 roadster

26 roadster

They look a lot like my friends, long on advice and short on muscle.................
    that's funny

9. von Dyck

von Dyck

Looks like "been there, done that" type of guys. Why bother doin' it some more - more fun just talking about it, speculating, commenting, what iffing, why a SBC is not between the rails (just trying to get your goat), and various and sundry other geezer utterances.
    BTW, is that a 240 or a torquey 300? Nice job on the induction side!

10. alchemy

alchemy

You live in a pink house?

11. [​IMG]
    I think the guy on the left just threw up a little.

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

How many ratrodders does it take to turn a car around?
    4. One to do the pushin, 3 to admire the mismatched parts!

13. now thats some funny shit!!:D:D

14. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

jeez, don't hold back, i can take it;) get your "M" fixed?

15. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

jeez, don't hold back, i can take it;) get your "M" fixed?

16. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

you could be right! maybe he was overcome by emotion.

17. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

This thread reminds me of a story. We were in CA back in the 90s, a junket to Pomona Swap meet from NH. Anyway we met Kent Fuller through my brother in law and saw the Pebble Beach entry he was building for a high roller in Hollywood. Seems the car was going to be finished, then shown to all the "luminaries" of the auto world in the area at a cocktail party. They would each get a pad, a pen and get to write down anything they were critical of on the car, along with being provided drinks and finger food. Then they were going to correlate the results and tear apart all the areas pointed out as needing work and redo them.
    If I were to do such a thing, which I wouldn't as I don't give a rat's crotch what anyone else thinks about my car, I guess it would be beer and brats, construction paper and crayons, and the knowledge that at the end of the night, you couldn't read anything on the papers for the beer stains, the pork grease and the illegible writing.
    And yes, Autobodyed, it does look like the Oregon State Pocket Pool finals.

18. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

well, she lets me sleep inside anyhow.

19. At first glance, I thought he was playing a harmonica....:D. If you want any work out of THOSE guys, you need to sew their pants pockets shut...

20. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I think I hear the banjos now...lol lmao... well that is funny shit right there. thanks for the laugh boys just what I needed today :p Oh yeah pink house, pocket pool champions WTF do you call your club...lol sorry just couldn't resist just in fun guys

Cheers

21. [​IMG]

Guy in the middle "Now see those carbs? Those are Weber 48 IDA's, and they are worth more than the rest of this thing"
    (maybe that's why the gut threw up a little)
    Then again maybe the middle guy is jealous becasue he doesn't belong to the "Jacket Club" that the other two do.

22. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I hope he shows this thread to his buddy's. Them are pocket pool champion jackets and you don't come by them easily you earn them...oops...lol

23. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

I told 'em i was gonna hang a sanding block from a chain on the car. if anybody really wanted to help, they could always sand something:p maybe a suggestion box too.