Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Evening from the USS Enterprise

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Deadneck13, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Deadneck13

Deadneck13

Hi everybody, my names Matt, friends call me Boh.
    I hail from Baltimore, Maryland, but the Navy has put me in Virginia Beach. Found some cool guys down there. Rusted Rockers HC is who I roll with.
    I am currently deployed(sorry cant give any details) and am going through rod withdraw. People say, "how can this be? You are on a 50 year old ship with more nuclear reactors than any other carrier!" All I can say is trust me. This isnt a disney cruise. I'm on here to connect with other gearheads and cool people. Find some people with some more knowledge than myself and learn from those who have gone before me. My car is a 1963 Mercury Comet, my second, the first was lost before boot to an unbelievable ex-girlfriend situation that is straight out of a movie. She has many miles racked up by me on her, she has been driven to Maryland from Florida and back twice on the original drivetrain, and thanks to my wife and very close friend is currently undergoing an overhaul to replace the 144 six and 2 spd auto. Any tips, comments, suggestions are welcome. I have an extensive knowledge of many junkyards plentiful in beautiful old iron and thanks to my wife are documented in photographs so if its parts you need and you are in the area of maryland and pennsylvania let me know. -thanks for your time everybody-

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Welcome and thanks for serving.
    63 coments are a nice cars, post a picture when you can

3. Welcome aboard, and Thank You!!!

4. Hello and welcome from central Iowa!

5. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

Welcome and again thanks for serving. Not sure how many guns you have on board, but I spend my working hours rebuilding guns for our navy. Stay safe so you can come home to enjoy your hobby and family.

6. Welcome and also thanks for your service. Can the Big E really be 50!!! Wow! I remember when it was the latest and greatest.
    The history of the WW2 Enterprise is pretty amazing too.

7. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Welcome from Aurora, IL and thank you for your service and be safe

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

8. Good to know I'm not the only HAMBr out here. Welcome to the HAMB.

9. Deadneck13

Deadneck13

In reply to everybody so far, Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I'm still trying to figure out this forum stuff but the internet is so old on this beast its tooth and nail get anything done but I did manage to have my wife email me some of the pictures after my accident when i finished painting her. The pictures I am able to upload go to I guess its "My profile Photo Albums". If I had any technical questions about my car which board should I go to? I dont wanna step on any polished toes(sailors will get it)
    Ill throw my situation out there and maybe everybody posting on here can send me in the right direction. My comet is getting a motor swap now me being the stubborn arse I am, denied the tried and true small block ford v8 swap and went with a less travelled route. Enter a 300 c.i. inline six backed by a c-4 the 300 has a clifford dual weber 38 intake and now im left with a decision on a rear. Does anyone know anything about the factory 8 comet rears from 63. I know exactly where one is but i am wondering on the integrity of it, my comet is my daily driver to and from maryland once a month in the snow or rain etc. If I have upset anyone posting this here I apologize and I shall correct myself. Thank you.

10. thanks for your service! I like the 6 cylinder plans. Stay safe.

11. old bone

old bone
    from maine

welcome from maine...helpful folks round here..buy the way..sorry for the loss of your capt. i really enjoyed his work!!..that would have never happened 20 years ago..im a sailor..well merchant marine and we do that stuff all the time..some people just dont understand we try to humor ourselves when out to sea for a long time

12. 6 = 8; not to many people go that route but you can have an interesting and unique ride with better gas mileage that sounds great and looks just sick under the hood! oh yeah welcom to the HAMB! whats your job shipmate?

"floating the medd LHD3 USS Kearsarge"

13. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from an old sailor in Tennessee (SK1-SS) Thanks for what I know you do!

14. Welcome
    Thank You For Your Service
    Went abroad Navel Air Station North Island with our 50 Chevy P/U for the 100 years of Navel flight celebration last month.
    Over 100 Classics cars and Hot Rods.
    Plus over 200 airplanes from WWI up to today including the new stealth unmanned coming in to service ASAP.
    We had front row seats for the flyby.
    Again Thank You For Your Service
    Alpine Ca "San Diego"

15. The Gambler

The Gambler

WELCOME.. and thank you for your service.

16. Deadneck13

Deadneck13

moparob, I'm an AT, see you're on the Kearsarge. Dig it. good to see theres more of us out here. how about you boss?

17. Deadneck13

Deadneck13

shadowmtkustomz good to hear from the west coast! Do you happen to have any ford 300 c.i. hop up parts in your area? Im not a big guy for buying new its just not necessary with a community like this you know?

18. yeah theres probably more than you think, its truely a small world. Osprey AO/mech, how you like kickin out Hornets? thats cool that your building a six, i used to have a 225 slant with a clifford four bbl intake, tri y split duel exhaust headers, clifford cam; the motor ran great even kept up with small blocks. always wanted to build a aussi 265hemi with the triple webbers, maybe one day. itll have to wait till i get done with my 25DB underslung salt speedster, although im going destroked A311 hemi and a four speed.

19. oh yeah forgot to ask 'deadneck' that from the band deadnecks?

20. Welcome from CT. and Thanks!

21. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah , thanks for your service , god bless

22. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

23. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Toured the Enterprise when it was in Alameda years ago. My dad (ex-navy) got us on board. Quite a ship. But I know for crew members the days are long. Thank you for your service and may the rest of your tour be safe.

24. theczking

theczking

We don't drink, we don't smoke, Norfolk, Norfolk, Norfolk. Been there and thanks for your service. I was on the USS Lexington from 68 to 72 My gearhead highlight was in 71 when the NAVY sponsored Big Daddy and his Wynns Charger was on our ship. Keep us free and build that Rod

25. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

Welcome from a fellow Balti-moron and (ex) squid. I was also an AT. I was I Level. Worked on the CASS bench. Boring as shit.

26. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier, Mi. An old air force dude here that you guys would carry around from time to time. Thanks for your service and be safe. Get home, shake off dem barnacles and get that ride done.

27. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Oh that Enterprise, I thought maybe it was the Captain Kirk Enterprise. Anyway, welcome from Florida and former a Navy Attack Oiler AO-144 sailor.

Lee

28. Welcome from Justin Tx, used to hang with the rockers when I was in VA.

29. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

welcome from texas

Thanks for serving have a cousin thats on a D.E. right now

30. Welcome and thanks for what you do from enterprise G.C. IN M.D