Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hope everyone in Japan is ok

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

Mother nature at her worst !!! this is going to be horrific ' Thank God my ex wife's family are safe in Kyoto .

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

According to a guy on another board i frequent said there was nothing but a very slight rise in the water in Hawaii (He lives on the main island). The west coast probably won't get anything.

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hope everyone is ok prayers are being said

4. AllenK

AllenK

I have been up awhile,but I just now saw the news of this tragedy on the news. I will pray for the victims,and I hope that the west coast doesn't get wiped out!

5. It's hard to imagine that's even possible. Cars, buildings, debris..... it all looks like HO scale toys being pushed by all that water.

Hope our friends there are OK.

JH

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Ugh... I just saw the video of the water rolling in, horrific... God have mercy.

7. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

this Japan quake is bad but there is going to be a HUGE quake in the Gulf of Mexico soon from all the drilling, which will send a monster tidal wave from Cancun to Key West. for those of you living along the coast, be ready to head for high ground.

8. Big Nick

Big Nick

It looked crazy on the news but like stated before Toshi has posted on facebook and I have heard from Yone from Bull Original, both are safe but say the devastation is incredible!

9. Donnda

Donnda

Really nasty video comming out of this quake. Hope not too many lose their life. My prayers go out to the people of Japan

10. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I have family in the military in Korea, and they didn't feel a thing and are not in any danger. FYI for those that may have milatary, family, or friends in Korea.

11. toolman1967

toolman1967

Just got an email from my cousin who is in the military over there. She says all the American Military people are accounted for. The Military is already helping as much as they can. Lots of different reports but this is some good news. Prayers for all those effected.

12. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Japan!

13. RPIERCE

RPIERCE
    from Alvin Tx

say pics on yahoo, that looks horrible!! will be prayin for all!!

14. sinks88

sinks88

I am not shitting you guys, I had a dram last night that Hawaii was on Fire and Flooding....I was in a boat off the coast!!! WIERD!!!!

Anyway....I will take some time to pray today for all of those in Japan and the possible disasters to surronding areas!

15. pumpman

pumpman

Saw it the news, just amazing, prayers going out. I think mother earth is pissed off and starting to send us some serious signals.

16. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I thought the exact same thing...just unbelievable.

17. 21tat

21tat

Scary stuff indeed! That's a huge quake.

18. the-rodster

the-rodster

Really?

Hey, Chicken Little, you better run and tell the king.

Rich

19. They just canceled the tsunami warning here in Hawaii. Damage was pretty minimal. The boat harbor on Maui got beat up good. Lot of shore line roads are still closed.Saw some more news just now.The shore line road in Kona is is ripped out all along the wall.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  20. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

prayers to everyone involved. how sad :(

21. Lucky444

Lucky444

The news footage of the Tsunami striking the Sendai area is just heartbreaking.

I am not looking forward to hearing the final tally of the human loss, I'm sure it will be very high.

22. Jay71

Jay71

Lots of damage in Crescent City harbor and Santa Cruz harbor in California. Some pretty big surges down here in Ventura too. Stuff makes you feel pretty insignificant. Very humbling. Lord have mercy on all the victims.

23. Thoughts go out to our Japanese Hambers, I just hope everyone helps out as they did here in Christchurch, The Japanese Urban Search and Rescue team was one of the first on the ground here in Christchurch, i hope we have the resources to return the favour.

24. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that's some crazy shit. i couldn't even imagine what those people are going thru right now, leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.

25. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

My prayers go out to the Japanese Hambers.

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Just heard another quake inland central Japan hit 6.6

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Scary times we live in....

28. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

just terrible...

29. Greezeball

Greezeball

Not really ...Just better news coverage. Denser populations increase the human effect of this sort of event. The true human toll probably won't be known for weeks. That is what is scary. The human loss will be in the thousands and that is truly sad. I feel for the Japanese people. I was supposed to go next month well that's cancelled now.

30. 72IH

72IH

Sorry I missed this post. I put this up on a different one.

"Keep these guys in our prayers.

It looks like a huge mess over there. Not just the tsunami and quake damage, but the nuclear power plants are getting a little compromised."

Went down to the harbor in Lahaina about an hour ago and it looked like a river rushing in then back out again. The entire reef off front street was exposed as well then within 5 minutes it was covered again.