Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hope everyone in Japan is ok

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 11, 2011.

1. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

prayers goin to everyone effected in japan...i know there a tsunami watch here in washington....

2. Been watching this on TV this evening - we are 4 hours ahead of Japan time. Looks as if this one has potential to dwarf the scale of damage suffered here in Christchurch, which has affected a relatively small area. If a tsunami does get this far we have quite a few hours wait - until 6 am (it is after 10pm as I write). So far NZ has a tsunami watch, not a warning.

3. Tsunamis travel quite fast, but slow down to the speed of a car when they reach land. If your closer to the quake center, you cant outrun them, but most countries shouldnt be badly affected.
    That said, you never know for sure, and should be prepared if near the coast. I live about a quater mile from the coast, but it will be a small rise by the time it gets down here, in the morning.
    I feel for the Japanese, They were here real fast to help, after the christchurch quake.

4. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Yes........gave the all clear a little tooooo quick.......:rolleyes:

Happened when I was there with a very small quake......3 days later a whistleblower told the REAL story.

News is reporting Nuclear plant on fire now........:eek:

5. A turbine on fire apparently, but not associated with any nuclear equipment. All 4 nuclear reactors in the area have been closed down.

Just found out a friend is in Guam. First 5 floors of his hotel have been evacuated. Wave is expected to hit in next 30 minutes.

6. I am in Guam right now, just spoke with the wife and she said was the scariest thing she ever had been through, and we are located south of Yokohama. She has no power, apparently is out throughout the country. The water damage happened way north of Tokyo. though there are fires going on in Tokyo. I too wish all the best back there.. And yes, a bit of wave is expected here in Guam soon....

7. J, glad you and your wife are ok. Hopefully the tsunami misses you. Hope all other HAMBers are ok too.

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just got up and heard about this. While it's just terrible for the Japanese, please don't forget there are a LOT of US and Allied military personnel stationed there - with their families in many cases - and extremely valuable capital assets (ships, submarines and aircraft). Gary

9. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

The videos are incredible. Hope all is well.

Later,Bill

10. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Man Just woke up to this. Hope everyone is okay over there. You have my wishes

11. Lucky3

Lucky3

Hope for the best !
    Thinking of our Brothers and Sisters abroad !
    God Bless all !

12. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

My Daughter lives in Hawai'i and my son lives in Taiwan,,, THank goodnes she live on a hill ,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,, Prayers for the folk in Japan,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't imagine.

13. NapalmWillie

NapalmWillie

Had replies from my friends in Japan; all safe. Unfortunatly the news won't be the same for everybody else. My heart goes out to them. God help them!

14. Deuces

Deuces

Unbelievable! :(

15. big bad john

big bad john

.....Prayers are out for everyone.....

16. 296ardun

296ardun

We have our Japanese friends in our thoughts on this side of the planet....hope all HAMB members are ok...

17. I pray all the hambers in japan are ok and hope everyone else in its path will do ok.

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope Toshi and his friends are all OK. I lived less than 100 miles from the epicenter for 3 years. That place gets a lot of smaller earthquakes but this is hard to swallow. The first picture I saw was of the little seaport in Hachinohe. Boats strewn everywhere. I've been to that port many times. It will be a long time before they figure out how many people were swept out to sea. May God have mercy.

19. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hope all our HAMB brothers are OK, our thoughts are with those that have suffered a loss.

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I wondered why the local gas station went from $3.36 to $3.62 this morning :eek:
    There's no escaping death when your dealing with a disaster of this magnitude :(
    Prayers going out...

21. big creep

big creep

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  22. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Toshi from Local Hero just posted on FB. He and his family are ok.

23. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If I lived on a west coast beach I'd be getting my hotrod to higher ground.

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Terrible news! My thoughts are with those in distress...

25. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CNN just showed a video of a big whirlpool in the ocean somewhere around there. And the videos of the tsunami sweeping everything along is unbelievble. Bicycle shops are sold out to people trying to get home. Prayers for all affected.

26. MissPrint

MissPrint

:( Unbelievable, my brain cannot even begin to comprehend the magnitude of this :(

27. strodphil

strodphil

I was watching the thread early this morn ( 5:30 am eastern time ) of all the very cool cars in Japan that Toshie sent when the news story started coming over the TV about the horror there. The people of Japan will need a llot of support and a huge amount of prayers. Load em up guys.
    Good luck and God speed to all in Japan !

28. I was in downtown Anchorage on Mar 27th, 64 and it was SOMETHING to behold!! It was a 9.2!! Most helpless feeling you can ever have in your life, cant run, stand up or anything, just pray for the best!! You can have my spot for the next one!! Not anything I ever want to experience again EVER!! My wife was at home at the time and had just baked a Birthday cake for her Dad, real damage to their house but no damage to the cake! LOL Birthday celebration was delayed a little. My hope and prayers for the folks in Japan!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Ugh, makes me sick hearing about it. I have one buddy who lives there, from the sounds of it he and his wife are OK but the place is a total wreck. I just can't imagine...