Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration It's Not Friday, but... Stefan Marjoram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2011.

1. forty1

forty1

2. I have seen his work many a time, but man skimming through his site and all of his work is a real pleasure. Especially the drawings of 'the beast'.

3. Have to agree.....love the simplicity of Stefan's work.

4. Classic draftsman. Steve's art work is refreshing and so beautifully presented.

5. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

6. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

When I saw his first post on the hamb's Firday art show I thought WOW, really dig the style of his drawings. So free, but so deliberately precise.

***Every week I get blown away by all the talent of the artist here.

7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan, thanks for making this a feature. It's great having a large grouping of Stefan's work on the HAMB.

8. uh...yeah... what he said.:D Very beautiful work.

9. i have his blog on my google feed. dig his style

its my opinion that somehow he sees hi subjects from the inside out instead of our regular outside-in perspective. kinda poetic to me - not complete but directional and inspirational

yet one more great person(reason) why this community is so stellar

10. smarjoram

smarjoram
    from uk

Blimey, I just stumbled across this thread and just wanted to say thanks Ryan for the feature and thanks everyone else for the uplifting comments - and the inspirational work on the FAS. I didn't realise people felt that strongly about my work. Despite being obsessed with cars all my life and photographing them for the last 10 years, I've only started drawing cars seriously in the last year or two and still feel I have a lot to learn. I'm not sure I have the patience or skill to tackle something very polished and detailed so I mostly stick to loose, sketchy stuff. It's nice to know people like it.

I feel very lucky to have found the HAMB with it's lively forum. There can't be many places with such an active and varied show and discussion every week and it's really pushed me to do more. I'm trying to think of some way to repay you all. Perhaps I'll put something up for auction for one of the charities I've seen supported. Or maybe a free original postcard sketch to the first 50 people to send me their address and make a donation to some worthwhile cause - let me know if you have a good idea.

Thanks again,

Stefan