Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEY!!! I'm back! & a personal thanks to the HAMB!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lil mike, Mar 10, 2011.

1. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

As yallz all know I've gone underground for a while. Racing Pitbikes and doing Stuntman stuff.

I was asked to go to the Detriot Autorama by my parents and I was glad to see some familiar faces at the show. I had a great time and remembered what I had been missing out on.

Which is actually the whole reason in me posting. I want to say a personal thanks from myself and my dad (Steve Cook- who is a closet HAMBer) for all your support on the Suncammer-The '56 Ford that Dad's shop built and was the eventual Ridler winner. He would go and find a computer to see what yallz-all said about the car every night (while I was at the bar of course! HAHA!)

It's alway nice to hear the positive and negetive things about the car- that's what keeps a true craftsman going I've learned over the years of working and hanging out (what I do mostly around the shop now).

So thanks again for the comments and support in winning the award. AND! Now that I've been hangn around the shop more after work to help around the shop, I'll try and keep more in touch

Mike Cook

2. Congrats Mike, you guys built a nice car!

3. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

well, I only helped really at the end of the project. The last couple days. I haven't worked for Dad in almost 5 yrs. But the last couple months I come by a couple nights a week and help around the shop.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bad ass car for sure.....Congrats. Next time you're in town, get hold of me. I'm buyin you a beer....or 18.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No shit! You're Dad's Steve Cook. AWESOME car, just breathtaking. One of my very favorites of the whole event....topless always does it for me. Who's the owner of the car and where are they from? I'm looking forward to seeing it around at other events this season.

6. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

if T-MAN likes you, i guess you must be ok. don't know about that screen name though;)

7. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

Your dad has a really cool name also

8. millersgarage

millersgarage

I think I talked with you for a while about the car on Saturday night (I think it was saturday, kindof a blurr). I really liked the car. You were talking about all the work you did underneath to polish the underside.

congrats on the win, and it was nice meeting you

9. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Yeah, I'm not the only star in my family. HAHAHA!

The owner is Bruce Ricks- Tulsa OK.

And I don't remember much of Saturday nite either. But one of the things I did was spend like 6 hrs cleaning the underside of the car so that if the bellypans had to come off (which they did) it would look good under them. I did other stuff too, but I'm just proud to say "My DAD is 2011 Detriot Autorama Custom Car Builder of the Year!"

10. atch

atch

if you ever meet him you'll understand.

b-t-w mike; here's a pic of the hole in the parking lot that you dug at sk500 about 5 years ago doing a burnout. study closely; that hole is almost 3/4 inch deep...

Attached Files:

11. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Now I do remember that!!! It's actually on a video that Brian Dunning has somewhere. Those were the days!

12. I wish I knew how to post videos. I have a great one of you pasta wrestling at VLV several years back. I haven't laughed so much since!!! Welcome back.

13. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Pasta Wrestling was always fun. and some how ended up being alittle painful too... When I sobered up! HAHA!

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome back! Stray Kat 500 May 6-8!

15. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Damnit!! I'll be racing AMA Arenacross Finals pitbike class in Las Vegas that weekend...

16. atch

atch

well, there's always the hamb drags. you'll have to bring your own couch this year, though.

17. ryno

ryno

nice to see your lil ass back around.

18. Marcy

Marcy

Good talking to you in Detroit, glad you're back around.

Marcy

19. yblock292

yblock292

Hey, see ya in Dewey!

20. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

good talking with you mike im glad we were drinking all of clarks beer, man you can put them away!:eek::D

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good to hear from you man!

Congrats to your Pops!

22. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

That I can!

23. KCsledz

KCsledz

Glad your back PUNK! You need to make it to the HAMB drags this year!

24. KC, this thread is a YEAR old:eek::D

25. KCsledz

KCsledz

Realized it after I posted that. Thats what I get for doing a search and not checking the date!