Register now to get rid of these ads!

VIVA LAS VEGAS - Car Show Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom Ingram, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

The 14th Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend is rapidly approaching so I thought I should update you on some car show information.

Viva Las Vegas is April 21st - 24th. The VLV Car Show will be on SATURDAY APRIL 23rd in the North West parking lot of The Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas.

All cars must be pre-registered at www.vivalasvegas.net The full 4 day wristbands are nearly sold out and the car show is about 3/4 full already. Once the full 4 day wristbands are sold out, you can still buy Car Show only tickets for 4 days ($45) or just the Saturday ($25 in advance) which enable you to register a car if we still have the space

Here are some of the displays and special guests who will be at the Car Show on the Saturday:-
    - Special 60's Gasser display.
    - Special Customs Corral.
    - Hustlers Drag Racing Team will return with their front engined Hemi powered Rail and starting it up periodically.
    - Mistress of the Dark "Elvira" will make a special appearance along with her "Macabre Mobile".
    - The Munster Koach will be on display along with Brett Barris' "Kargoyle".
    - Awards Ceremony with hand made trophies plus:
    $500 for Best in Show.
    $200 for Best Custom.
    $200 for Best Hot Rod.
    $200 for Furthest Driven.
    PLUS, a Gretsch Guitar giveaway
    - Over 120 vendors.

Entertainment:
    - JERRY LEE LEWIS at 6pm
    - The Blasters
    - Lustre King
    - Dynatones
    - Deejays Del Villareal & Rockin Vic.

Over 700 cars will be in attendance with a continued emphasis on Traditional Rods, Customs, and Classics. For car safety, the parking lot will be locked up at 10pm each night and will be watched by security.

The Road Devils - "Devils Brigade" are doing a film documentary where chapters from all over the U.S. will be driving out to VLV. This will be a very special benefit where proceeds go to injured veterans of the middle eastern war.

INSIDE THE HOTEL:-
    Those of you that really enjoy music there will be over 70 bands and close to 25 Deejays performing throughout the weekend. Also, don't miss: Tiki Pool Party, Burlesque competition, Burlesque Bingo, Swimsuit contest, and Charles Phoenix's Vintage Slide Show.

ROOMS:
    All rooms at the Orleans are booked but there are many other Hotels in the area, and some offer free shuttle buses to and from the Orleans. Also, some offer a special rate .
    Gold Coast - SOLD OUT
    Palms - 1-866-942-7770 - Special Rates code# AT0421B

Thanks very much, looking forward to see you there.

TOM INGRAM

Sponsored by Pabst, CKD and OSR.

2. autobilly

autobilly

The car show would be well worth the price of admission just to see The Killer!

3. FatDaddy

FatDaddy
    from Las Vegas

Hey this is Fat Daddy of Fat Daddys Ice Cream!

Like always were looking forward to bringing out the "Hot Rod Ice Cream truck to Viva Las Vegas"

We love bringing the smiles to all the kiddies faces and the big kids too...

See everyone soon!

Fat Daddy

4. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Throttlers of SLC will be there for sure. Look for the 59D + Muffin's Coupe with a fresh chop job! We've been working on it for weeks now to get it done for the show...

5. The Road Devils Car Club will also be assisting in the running of the actual car show itself. We are honored to have been asked to help by both Tom & Axle.

We will have members from all over the USA as well as from around the world. We will have a special display of club vehicles also.

Should be a "Killer" (pardon the Jerry Lee pun) time.

6. The Lonely Knights are coming in force from Colorado. Looks like Nine cars and about 14 people. Always a good time.

Tom and Alex have us to help at the gate, and we will do just that.

For me, at the Car Show, The Lustre Kings are going to make the day. What prelude to Jerry Lee.............

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJ_tRbXiI9o?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJ_tRbXiI9o?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFJ6DRJ2cGo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFJ6DRJ2cGo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Oh Yeah !

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  7. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I'll be there! Looking forward to it :D

8. choptvan

choptvan

Comin right up. Looks like a few guys from my chapter in the springs.

9. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I will be there for sure. Proud to say my Lincoln will be in the kustoms display. Pretty honored to be asked to be apart of that!!!!

10. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Yes we Road Devils are also helping with the show, looking forward to hanging with the Lonely Knights....there will be approximately 40-50 of us there.

This show should be alot of fun

We are also working on getting the Purgatory comp coupe back up and this time she'll fire.... the magneto went south last time. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  11. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

I'm pretty pumped for this! hopefully my passport gets here soon. :p

12. elgato65

elgato65

The Road Devils CC "Devil's Brigade" is the Military Chapter of the RDCC, made up of currently serving and honorably discharged members of the US Armed Forces - we're extremely happy to be taking part in VLV this year, and we'll be driving from FT Bragg NC, the home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces, and trying to raise awareness and support for our wounded Special Operations Warriors and their families. We'll also be filming a documentary that will chronicle the history of the Road Devils CC from 1946-today, as well as show what happens when hot rodders get ambushed in vehicles they've worked on themselves! We're still actively seeking support for our trip out there; and you can find out more at our webpages.

There's really no other car show in the world like Viva Las Vegas, we're really looking forward to seeing everyone at the show, and hope to see some folks join our convoy on the way out and/or back!!!

Here's a sneak peek at our DVD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOc7TbUI5qs

13. pigwilliams

pigwilliams

I'll be there.....Looking foward to it, going to be alot of laughs.

14. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo cant wait, And I just saw there's a 60's gasser display IM STOKED!

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I so wish my wife and I could make it this year!! :(
    Very bummed!!! We love VIVA and all the craziness that goes along with it!! :D
    My wife can only get so many days off and this year it's not in the cards!!! :(

NEXT YEAR!!!! :)

Have fun people!!!! :)

Ian

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

The Strange Bird will be there as part of the special Gasser display. There will be some rad race cars there from what I have heard.

If I can get away with it .......maybe even some laps around the event too hahaha. Definitely look for us terrorizing the Vegas strip in the Bird!

It will be a a good time for sure. Thanks again to Axle for the invitation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  17. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Are you the only Australian member of the Road Devils?

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

My wife and I and both of our kids will be there (Team Acme) and we are REALLY looking forward to it. This show is a blast!

We are driving out in the 36 3-window and the ACME van. The 36 will be in the Custom Corral that Axle is putting together (thanks for the invite) and the van will be lurking in the car show (casting a big shadow on someone).

For those of you that have not been to the show; get your shit together and go!

Hope to see you all there and by the way, if Axle and tom will let me I will bring an ACME LIKES IT pinstripe trophy to give away to our favorite car, truck, bike or whatever gets us excited.

Whadaya think Axle and Tom?

19. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

OUCH....he's a brit and lives in NorCal. Whats even weirder than that we have a scotsman that currently lives in Brunei and will be attending....

and for the record, at present we have a few members in Oz :cool:

Speaking of which, keep your eyes peeled for Deadbeat Magazine's newest issue.... We have the Neff Roadster on the cover :eek:

PS- IAN....if ANYTHING CHANGES you can stay with us up here and go to the show anyway

20. Scotty, you kill me....

Nick, Scotty is a friend of mine....he always calls me an Aussie :D

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'll be there working the Barris booth...

22. kopis

kopis

Gonna be another great year at VLV! Always a good time hanging out with friends and meeting new people from all over the world. Hope to see alot of you there.
    Cheers!

23. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

Hey dave maybe ill beable to meet u out there

my wife and i and some friends are staying at excalibur and its $8? A night

24. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

oh good maybe I will join him then :D

25. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Hey....long time no see bub :D

26. Nope...not going....I'd check that room rate...its normally about $100 a night...

Feel free....everyone else assumes it anyway...maybe I'll change my name to Bruce....

27. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

you arent gonna be there dave?

28. John,

That is one sweet '36 Three Window, can't look at it enough. That's why we gave it the Lonely Knights "Kingpin" award last year.

You won everything else too, right ?

See you soon, Johnnie.

29. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Johnnie,

Are you and the boys comin' out for Viva?

I will be at the ACME booth most of the time - please stop in and say HI.

John

30. Taylorengines

Taylorengines
    from Brea, Ca.

Hey Nick i can bring the banger it has a stromberg and header now should sound killer next to the Digger ! Lol ! Oh did Glen tell you we are coming together with the Merc. ?