Register now to get rid of these ads!

1942 ford p/u build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slcknucklehead, Feb 22, 2011.

1. So Ive been collecting parts for this for the last few months and now it time to build something.... 1942 ford truck, 390 fe from a 63 galaxie and the 9inch from the same car, 69 ford truck trans, dodge caravan seat, other misc parts. well see how it goes ill post pics.

2. [​IMG]
    Brought it in the shop...
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/thefamdam/2011-0
    Removed suspension...
    [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/thefamdam/PART_1295063216963.jpg1-14180128.jpg[/IMG]

3. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

I have one of them tucked away in a barn somewhere!

Good luck with it.

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

looks pretty solid. keep us posted with pics of your progress

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Balanced all pistons and rods got them within 1 gram of each other on end. First time doing it so hope I did it right.
    [​IMG]
    Empty block waiting for parts....

6. [​IMG]
    got to protect the crank during installation.

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fully rebuilt heads.
    [​IMG]
    Long block assembled....

8. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

Looks good so far post more pics man

9. [​IMG]
    Wide whites and chrome steelies!

10. [​IMG]
    4link and airbags

11. Soreback

Soreback

I like it.That FE should make that thing sing pretty good. I have the same engine in my 73 Highboy. It moves that thing right along. How much did you kick up the rear? Keep the pictures coming. Good luck.

12. 52 Thunder

52 Thunder
    from Canada

Sweet ride man, gonna haul ass!

13. ..oh boy, nother jailbar truck build!...looks cool!

14. Kicked it up 7 inches

15. I gotta know, what's a '73 highboy???

16. 73 highboy, Should be a 73 ford f250 4x4, nothing like a 32 hi boy

17. 39 tow

39 tow
    from Utah

Looking good on the Truck. If you need help shoot me a PM I am in Spanish Fork and can shoot up there to lend a hand.
    Should be nice looking.

18. Soreback

Soreback

Sorry for the confusion on the "highboy" thing. The 73 is a factory lifted f250 4x4. An adventure in automotive motoring. Rides like a buckboard. Buckboard... where your ass is if your riding on a horse drawn wagon. Thanks for the info on the kick up. I'm subscribing to the thread as I have a 46 as a project in the wings. Good luck

19. [​IMG]
    My 6 year old wanted to help too, so I had him lube the lifters and install them while I did the disc brakes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. octobeak

octobeak

Looking great slcknucklehead, keep the pics and progress coming! You're giving me some good ideas on 4 linking my own a little further down the road.

21. That is lookin GREAT! Sure has come a long way since I saw it... Gonna be so cool!

22. Soreback

Soreback

Awesome job, and puttin' the kid to work too! Keep us posted.

23. kinda been slacking on updating the build thread, hit a speed bump this week too, had the engine completely assembled and painted, wen move it and the single wheel on the engine stand hit a little ball of tape....toppled over and ruined my day to say the least lol
    [​IMG]
    Before the incident.
    [​IMG]
    The aftermath......damn it!

24. Also ive got 95% of the suspension done, all bags and brackets are installed,valves, air tank and air line and wiring all roughed in. works really well too. Heres some pics of the front suspension, etc....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    brass knuckles on the dash and switches for the bag mounted in each finger hole.

25. Shitty deal on the fall, thats why I went to the 4 wheeled engine stands. Keep the project going...

26. Yea stupid design on the 3 wheeled engine stands, I never really thought about it either, but both of mine will be modified to 4 wheeled stands

27. Engine in still have to build engine mounts though.....
    [​IMG]