Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Altered Wheelbase Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Muttley

Muttley

2. FYI
    There is a four page article about Phil Bonner in this weeks National Dragster. Phil was interviewed for almost two hours for this article and it includes a ton of photos. Check it out...

3. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Mines comeing on slowly [​IMG]

4. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

West coast had some sharp trends, but southern fried funnies are defiantly one of a kind.
    Tom S.

5. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

Lucky Girl....And an even Luckier Guy for having a Girl that would want one!

Looks great.

6. Muttley

Muttley

7. whisky runner

whisky runner

nice cuda bill...if you or anyone gets to needing a rear window for the 65-66 cuda i have 2, i have been saving for years..i figured they would be hard to find someday..dont have the car anymore so i guess i dont need the glass.. i seen racer-x mentioned atco in new jersey, if anyone happens to have a pic from the day (64-69) of a 57 chevy running modified production called the stinger.. i would love a picture..i dont have one since our house burned while i was in south east asia in 70

8. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

Lots of forward momentum on our wagon. Looking forward to having it as a roller, hopefully in the next two weeks once the doors and fenders are prepped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. storm king

storm king

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

That is cool! More pics please!!

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love the 55 Kev, do you know if its still around??

12. guffey

guffey

ok 013 (2).jpg

I forgot I had this flyer from the Muncie Dragway July 24 1965 A buddy gave it to me about 20 years ago I guess. Lindamood handed the Color Me Gone over to Mr. Norm at that match race.

13. koolkemp.....I don't know anything about the 55. I took that pic at OCIR back in the early 80's.

14. heavyhitter 57

heavyhitter 57

larry clark owned the 55 chevy. he later lettered it with the name hot ice because he worked for an ice company in bakersfield.he was the starter at fomoso for awhile till he passed away.his son gene runs a camaro in s/st nowadays.i have known the clarks a long time they are a great racing family.

15. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

nice

16. 34gasser-65AWB

34gasser-65AWB

Thanx for posting that match race flyer Mr. Guffey. Cool stuff! I still get goosebumps when I think about seeing the Golden Commandos car running at Reed's deal in Nebraska a while back. I was crawling around under the car when somebody (perhaps it was you?) politely informed me that you were about to fire the car for the exhibition passes and I might want to get out from under the car.

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

296 moon,

the ranchero is looking good,

heres a few of the comet so far. thinking of changing the color already to a maroon flakw instead of the brown

that blue 55 chev is awesome too.

george.

Attached Files:

18. BloFish

BloFish

Very cool thread !!!

19. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

George, have you tried it out a yet?? I know it not street legal or at least I dont think it is.

Jon

20. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

put a shot of the rear of car up, thanks

21. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

advance1,
    heres some of the rear, i'm assuming you wanted pics of the wheelie wheels, they are filled with 200lbs of lead and easily remove by pulling 4 pins, thanks.

jon,
    no track time just some bouncing around on the streets, around the house. im going to take it up to milan for some test and tune soon.
    george

Attached Files:

22. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Dogpatch I`love them wheelie wheels, been looking for the right ones for mine but not found them yet, Heres a couple more of mine [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

some of the greatest pics of all-time!!!! man I gotta buy my old 65 mercury marauder back for a awb project.DAMMIT!

24. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

Took this picture at the Flatland Fling and was playing with it in photo shop and thought would fit in this thread

[​IMG][​IMG]

25. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

another from the Flatland Fling

[​IMG]

26. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

jon,
    no track time just some bouncing around on the streets, around the house. im going to take it up to milan for some test and tune soon.
    george[/QUOTE]

George, I guess thats what I was getting at did you have it out on the road some, think you will be able to keep it straight down the track?

Jon

27. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

A couple of progress shots of mine.I finished the bodywork on the shell today.Ready for primer and then I can start on the fiberglass parts.

Attached Files:

28. co_sniper

co_sniper
    from ohio

29. Dogpatch. That Comet is killer! The little lady sitting on the fender is even nicer. WOW!