Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found in the car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 chevy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'd make it a permanent fixture in the car, like stick it to the rear view mirror one of the dash knobs or something like that.

2. LOL, that's funny..."you might want to check out the value before sticking it in a gumball machine. "

I dont think there are any more Penny Machines left. :eek:

3. Cool find...I only seem to get old french fries and paper clips!

4. Roy's ride

Roy's ride
    from Michigan

I once rescued a 1960 VW single cab pickup that was used as a bee keeper's truck in the Traverse City Michigan area. While cleaning out the storage bin which is large enough to crawl into under the bed of the truck with a flash light and broom, i discovered a dead possum and the bee keeper's bees...

5. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Haha! Yeah, me too.

6. Roy's ride

Roy's ride
    from Michigan

I once rescued a 1960 VW single cab pickup that was used as a bee keeper's truck in the Traverse City Michigan area. While cleaning out the storage bin which is large enough to crawl into under the bed of the truck with a flash light and broom, i discovered a dead possum and the bee keeper's bees...

7. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

I was told that in pre war days it was the custom to toss a penny in the gas tank by the last worker on a car as it rolled off final assemply at British car manufactures.
    Truth, maybe? But after hearing that story every Brit car I restored I tossed a penny into the tank.

8. I found a Game boy game under the seat when I was putting in rear seat belts. Luckily my kids have a Game boy. Imagine that. A sign of the times I guess.

9. rusty28a

rusty28a

A lady brought in a car to have serviced and complained of stink inside. It was the middle of the summer and turned out to be a maggot crawling McDonalds cheeseburger under the seat. Also had to remove a dead rotting racoon from under the hood of a pickup. Wanna go to Taco Bell now?

10. the real brownie

the real brownie

found a good fillet sperad onfender of pops 34 filled it with chowder and ran it hard

11. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

Found a lacy pair of panties in a 71 power wagon I chopped up once, scary thing is they were so small I bet a skinny ten year old girl wouldn't fit them. Threw it on the burn pile.

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

come back when you are not drunk and tell us in standard English what this means

13. Glue it to the dash. That way you'll Never Be Flat-Broke !! >>>>.

14. Tarlo

Tarlo

Found a wedding ring under the original carpet of an Aussie '69 Fairlane a few years back

15. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

cleaning out my 54...in the springs of my bench seat i found a half box of lucky strikes...my lungs felt like the great depression....*cough*

16. 54belair pusher

54belair pusher
    from cincinnati

wait...do what now?

17. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

i found out that both of my cab corners where made out of beer cans wire screen and bondo

18. I would ask you to take the bone to a physician or a medically trained coroner to have it identified as human. We all deserve to have the manner and mechanism ofour death recorded.
    Of course I may just be a way too uptight doctor....

19. Several years back we needed a rental car for a couple weeks. When it was time to turn it in my wife insisted on vacuuming it out before we returned it. A couple minutes later she's in the house yelling. It turns out that she had found a bra under the drivers seat which apparently had belonged to an "extremely gifted" previous customer. You never saw an innocent man talk any faster than me that day.

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Found a 1946 dime under the front seat of my 46 Olds, does that count?

21. pontman

pontman

I found a soiled prophylactic! Not really, but I do remember an interesting story about some guy buying a car from a drug seizure and finding 9 kilos of cocaine?

22. Strange I found the same thing in the front corners of my 48 chev truck.
    I haven;t found too much else since my last post. Some spanners a screwdriver, lighters, coins, smokes, rubbish and some tree bark wedged into the mangled sheetmetal in a late model i'm parting out, Also lots of broken glass.

23. rld14

rld14

I found a couple silver Canadian quarters in a Vauxhall parts car.. still got em. As a dealer I bought an OT Saab once, reached into the pocket in front of the seat and pulled out a $50, best part? Dad had been driving the car for a week and didn't spot it! :D
    Saw a lot of posts that mentioned finding old coins, Rule NUMERO UNO about Old coins, no matter what you think, DO NOT EVER "SHINE THEM UP". That's like taking a car striped by Ed Roth himself, sanding the stripes off and putting tape stripes on. You can safely soak non-copper in Acetone, but don't every try to rub em no matter what.

24. Got a 1942 Dime and a boat load of ammo from a 1941 Caddy...

25. voodoo1

voodoo1

I found a Ant farm in a '67 Dart I aquired one time. I noticed it when I got out of the car after sitting in it awhile...

26. RussTee

RussTee

had a mate work on the local cops car once he left a can of opened sardines in his heater hose. Never did get them back

27. ...friend of mine just found a 1912 nickle that fell out of a Model A door.

28. found the best cold chisel i own in the tray behind the rumble seat of a model A roadster i was restoring. friend of mine runs a used truck dealership in the bronx tells stories of finding needles and other drug paraphenalia in and under the seats. he wears gloves and watches what he touches when cleaning out the trucks.

29. edweird

edweird

that caddy wasnt a hearse, was it ?

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

When I was tearing my '46 Austin sedan apart for the gasser build I removed all the frontend sheetmetal. I piled it on the floor and later swept up the junk that fell out of the nose. Was just dumping the dirt in the garbage when I saw something round. Pulled out a mint 1946 Canadian penny, and after more digging found a second 1946 in there too.
    I figured since the Austin was lefthand drive it was imported into the USA, but with the coins being Canadian I'm guessing it was imported to Canada when new. Haven't figured out how to incorporate them into the car yet, but I will use them.
    Boought a '64 Chevelle years ago and found a box of German coins under the front seat. Waited for the seller to call and ask about them, but he never did, so I figured he never saw them while he owned it either. Must have been from a PO to him.