Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's a Ford, I had gone back and edited my comment, but in the mean time there was new posts... :eek:

I keep trying to post pics, but every time I do it says a key security token is missing...

2. CultureCreature

CultureCreature

No worries, brand matters none when it comes to pre-war iron... a panel would be awesome...

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's a 37 Ford 1/2 ton short wheel base panel, needs front doors, fenders and running boards, but the main body isn't bad.

Thanks man, it's my internet, not letting me upload them to anything right now... so I reduced the size and it seems to be working...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Cool

5. CultureCreature

CultureCreature

Wow! That would be a great truck to build for my company... here is what I am lacking: Money, time, and a trailer to Canada... hahaha

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm lacking the money too, but delivery is not an issue, I have a great truck and trailer! :D

7. CultureCreature

CultureCreature

I failed to mention, no place to store either (damn H.O.A.)... but I have 20 acres in AZ that has a decent collection of "someday" rides...

and FUXL,

Rad truck, rad pic!

8. 48reo

48reo

updated pic of the REO

Attached Files:

9. tommy v

tommy v

heres the back part,it's not mine , my friend built it traded it now it's on e--y [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  10. 48reo

48reo

finally figured out how to shrink pics....I am moving the engine back 3.5" this weekend so that I can move the grill back 14"

Attached Files:

11. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

This truck really is gorgeous, I hope my 28 RPU looks half this nice when I get it together!

that will look a lot better for sure, are you running a Cadillac engine?

(in this photo you look exactly like one of my buddies, I feel sorry for you! ;))

12. That is one extreme, sick ride! I like it, and i'm not usually a fan of "bobber style" trucks, but that hits it "outta the park, home run"!!!:D

13. A little late in the game here but here are a few of mine, all 40 Ford p-ups ...

First one is red and my first 40 p-up but no picture at the present time that is now owned by Jerry Burger of Street Rod buildier fame. You might have seen it since he's done a couple "how to" articles on it in the last couple years in both street rod builder and street rodder magazines: it's red, rumpety-rump 327 w/3-deuces, T350 and runs like a scared rabbit. I unfortunately had to sell it to finish my avatar.

Second is the orange beast - bought it to flip but of course it took alot more work that I ever anticipated. That was/is the last street rod I've built: 350/350, f-glass fenders and running boards, new bed, MII up front. I bought it as an unfinished project that was already painted and supposedly only needed an interior. I ended up doing all kinds of work on the doors, cowl, engine/engine bay, and then finally did the interior and bed wood. It came out really nice and it also went down the road for a semester tuition bill for the daughter about 6 years ago.

Finally my present project truck - the theme is early 60s shop/push truck/daily driver, something the wife can jump in and drive at any time. It will be lowered, dropped 32 axle, DB, 4-bar front, Ford 8" rear w/3:50 gears on CE suspension and a 94 S10 4.3V6/5-speed combo, PS, PB, AC (but hidden under the seat) with 46-48 Ford car heat/def, 40 Ford gauges and something of a roll and pleat interior probably by me (we'll see how that goes!). This is not a car you pop the hood on at cruise nights to show off - it's one that will (hopefully) have the look and feel of the early 60s but you can jump in it and go across country at any time. It will also hopefully be able to haul a small car on a trailer should I decide to go racing with my avatar. BTW, 94-98 Suburban 3rd seats fit perfect in 40 p-ups as well as a 96 Mazda MPV van 3rd seat. Set them in right and my buddy, who is 6'5" tall, rides comfortably in the truck.

Attached Files:

14. grey46

grey46

Heres mine Ive had over the years .

15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Here is Tom T's red 40 pkp when I bought it (and had already added Moon caps), and when I sold it. I replaced the complete rear suspension including the rearend and revamped the wheels and tires. It's the same truck and wasn't repainted.. just Mother Nature changing the exposure! I enjoyed the old truck and so has Gerry so far. Gerry tells me he's currently doing body work and hoping to have it repainted by the spring.

Attached Files:

16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Might as well add "Bullet," a 40 pkp I built from 14 trucks and 12 cars and drove for 7 or so years. It moved south last year. It had 53 trk flathead and 40 sedan running gear and "half glass" air conditioning! The top half of the back glass was removable and worked great!

Attached Files:

17. Thanks, Al! I couldn't find one digital pic of that truck anywhere!

18. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Dad's Lil Truck
    This Miniature Ten Wheeler is the Third Built by Everett McClelland 1922-2009. has V-6 power ,Both Rear axles are Live. The First one he built was featured in "HOTROD Magazine" Jan.1955 issue ( Jack Webb on the cover )

Attached Files:

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Do you have a scan of the Hot Rod article? I would love to see the original and read about it.

Did it use and existing body like this one, or was it all hand made?

20. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

The Body of the first two trucks were Hand Built,But the Truck pictured was a 72 Ford Courier with 6 inches removed/sectioned from the center ,only the Front panel was Handmade,I do collect the HOTROD issues featuring the first truck,but don't have a scanner.it s an excellent article.I suppose I should make an effort to post it.

21. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

[​IMG]

Looks like a old Mooneyes chase truck

22. 48reo

48reo

its an olds 455 with a mucie 4spd and that is my neighbor.. haha "whew"

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My OT parts hauler/daily driver 69' Burb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. TinShed

TinShed

I know the new owner of this truck, I must say you did a good job building it!

25. poolmike

poolmike

Some REO's....to be auctioned next week. I might need to drag the blue '54 home with me if I can afford it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Great looking trucks, too bad the badges are gone off of the Blue one.

This REO is near my house.

[​IMG]

27. willyp

willyp
    from NC

a couple pics of my 66

Attached Files:

28. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Here's a couple more, MY Shop Truck,,,,,,, the other is a panel truck that I sold a couple years ago, One I wish I had kept.

Attached Files: