Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wisconsin & Minnesota HAMBers- anyone - CARS GETTING CRUSHED!!! Want 'em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 24, 2005.

1. There's a yard in Hayward, WI (Simons Auto Salvage)
    I've known the owner for a number of years and spoke with him, today.

HE'S CRUSHING EVERYTHING!
    "Just going right down the line." were his words.

Trouble is, he can't/won't let anyone in the yard for insurance liability reasons.

HOWEVER, I'm in. I'll take group shots and if you guys see something you want, I can get you a price, and maybe some better pix (however, I can't make many trips unless I'm being compensated....)
    Nothing is going for more than $400... I don't think.

There's '30s and '40s cars, on up, but the Northern Wisconsin woods kinda ate at most of 'em. Lots of flatheads but all stuck and most are hoodless.
    He'll want to sell whole cars, but I'll consider parting them out for you, at my shop, for whatever we can agree is fair.

I have dibs on all the early Ford axles, brake parts and a few engines and will be setting some whole cars aside for myself. Other than that, there's some really cool shit.
    I asked if I could part them out to you guys but he just wants to crush out and retire.

I'll try to get there, tomorrow, if not, I'll make it early next week for some pix.
    I wish you guys could just come up and go in, but that's just how it is.
    I don't want to get rich off of this, so I'll only worry about my time in it...

DON'T crush me with e-mails and PM's, and make it a fulltime job for me, or I'll change that tune in a hurry.
    I'm happy to be a go-between, but I have a whole other life, so keep that in mind.
    ...and DON'T waste my time or his...
    That's all I ask. He's being cool and allowing me to offer this to you guys on the HAMB, but I'm asking that you don't create any pressure that'll piss him off. He doesn't have the time of day to sit on the phone and tell you all 31 flavors, so just be cool...

Watch for pix next week.

JOE:cool:

2. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Let me know what kind of Mopar stuff he has. Especially 33-37 Plymouth and Dodge,and 55-61 Desoto,Plymouths,and Dodges.

3. Actually, I'm not going to let anybody know shit...
    Watch for the pix, and let ME know...

There's some early Plymouths...

...and my dad and I cleaned out the HEMIs last year...:D

4. hotrod34

hotrod34

Just like most people I'd be interested in any thing topless or 34-36 Fords.

5. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm looking for a set of "Divco's"(I know, Yeah right) for real though, I told there alot more common up north. heres a pic from an old post just in case.

6. PDX Lefty

PDX Lefty

I'd be interested to see if there are any 50's Willys 2dr Aero cars.

7. Like he said guys, Watch for the PIX.
    Don't piss him off on the first day.

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I wish I'd known about that place last summer. My aunt and uncle have a cottage in Hayward.

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I will be anxiously awaiting the pics, thanks JD.

10. JD '32,

Thanks for your time on this! Waiting on your pics.

swdobbs....

11. Do you know if there is any 58-62 GM (yeah, yeah, not "traditional 'hotrod'") stuff in there? Of most interest are the W and Nailhead engines.

12. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

No problem. I'm looking for either 30's sheet metal and trim pieces,or entire cars from 55-61

13. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I know a guy who has one for sale,but it's rough and it's in NC.

14. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I'm with chicken, especially looking for a 1962 passenger rear quarter panel for an Impala/Biscayne 4 door (I think a two will work also)

15. rebstew187

rebstew187

suxs to know another old yard is done.friend of mine owns an old yard and is getting ready to close.between goverment bullshit and the price of insurance you can't have a real junk yard any more

16. So....tell us more...before it's deadline time.

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

lookin forward to pix man,,, lemme know if you need help with pullin parts or whatever on weekends and every other monday. i'll be interested in some pieces myself at any rate, and its close enough to warrent me giving you a hand saving some of these cars and parts man

lemme know, PM me for my cell

Traves

18. outkast

outkast

sounds to me the truth be known he;s crushin em because iron is up right now so he'll make more money and less hassle dealin with kool car people to just rent a crusher and smash em and cash in all the chips in one shot!! just my opion and like a$$holes everyone has em!!

19. Or maybe he wants to retire and enjoy life before he dies...
    This fucking yard has been open for 50 years. He's dealt with THOUSANDS of cool car people.
    Buy the whole yard if you want... and don't judge this man.

His liability insurance went sky high and he can't let people in to pick parts.
    He's not going to pay some employee to go pull a set of $20 valve covers...
    Pay his insurance and maybe he'll keep the cars...

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes and no... less hastle, for damn sure. more money from crushing, depends on what he wants for shit, and what iron scroungers like us are willing to give him for it.

i am buyin a turtledeck from levis classic for a hunnerd n fiddy bux, aint no way its worth that to our slant eyed rebar needing friends across the ocean

21. bbendtsen

bbendtsen
    from Wisconsin

I'm needin' parts and I'm willing to pay you extra to get them if this guy has them. Olds and Cadillac manual transmission and flywheel/clutch parts for 1949 to 1954 on the Caddy. 1949 to 1964 on the Olds. Also, a flywheel and bellhousing for '64 to '66 Buick nailhead 401 or 425. Anybody???

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

if your up here in the twin shitties area, you might wanna give skyspop a PM for those pieces you need... not tryin to hijack, but patrick has some amazing chit layin around man, and he's as cool as the day is long. titus might also have some of those nailhead bits

23. One more time...

I'm NOT going after spacific things for people.

One more "I WANT" and I'm out... crush the whole fucking shit for all I care.

My first post tells the story... anything else is an insult.

GOT IT?

24. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

This is'nt lookin good, :( read carefully people.

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

consider the source... :D

26. Jason455

Jason455

I want everyone to leave him alone so we can see the pics. Please guys be patient. Otherwise theres no chance.

27. Here's the deal guys...

I love this junkyard, and it's going to be gone, soon.
    I spent two years learning every car in there. I even went as far as mapping like 100 acres of cars. I had lined-up enough shit to keep me building rods until I die...

Trouble started last year. About 40% of the cars were on the neighbor's land, and he wanted them off.
    So, Gary had to spend all summer, paying his guys, to put 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

When I first saw it, after that, I fuckin' puked. Cars that hadn't been disturbed in half a century, and could have been saved, were stacked 3 high and there was not a single road left open.
    That was last fall...

When I called, yesterday, this was the new story...
    He's backed into a corner for whatever reasons, and needs to clear out.
    It's fucking sad...

Honestly, as much as I love old cars and this one junkyard especially, I'd like nothing more than to never see it, again.
    I'm offering to go and watch something I care about get destroyed.
    I don't know how far ahead of the crusher I can stay, so if you see something, NEXT WEEK, don't fuck around.

Alright... I need a tissue...:(

Later,

28. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

dude is this the one right off road in hayward had lots of 40s-60s stuff & like a few years ago scrapped most older stuff & started filling with 80s-90s junk never knew name just called it the hayward junkyard used to go every summer a few times for GTO & chevelle parts last time we were there we got a 64 IMP SS for $200 bucks this sucks was going to head there in spring to look for a pair of 65 poncho front fenders damn this bites