Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My 2011 Lincoln, NE swap meet photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Mar 6, 2011.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

ooooooh me likey, did you happen to see what the asking price was on this one? Sounds like Dad came home with more tractor parts than anything else.

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Was good to see you, Paul, and nice to finally meet GasserLouie.

I think it was a good swap meet! I didn't buy too much to speak of, but missed out on this VERY cool bicycle. When I went back to buy it, it was gone....

[​IMG]

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Travis, I think the asking price on that '40 was $14,500.

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks Malcolm

One of these days I'll have to get something along those lines, too many trips to take and stuff to do in the meantime.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

More vendors than last year. No congestion to speak of when entering the event, unlike last year. Paul, People probally avoid you when they see you, like me- I hate having my picture taken. It seems I always find at least a bag full of stuff to haul home. All in all a good day.

6. Thanks again for thinking of me Paul and my need to see Linclon and all the cool stuff that comes off the farms of the flatland.

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Seems like every year at Lincoln I am able to purchase some Mopar artillery rims and this year was no exception. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Was good to see you Paul. I picked up these 2 beauties (15x6 Fentons 5 on 4 1/2) and seen a few people I hadn't seen in awile. Oh and Xderilict is an illusion, just someone we made up Ha Ha Ha. Gary

Attached Files:

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I actually believe this !! ha ha--

10. Just like being there, thanks! I enjoy all of your threads, keep up the good work!

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

That thing was sweet. I liked it too.

12. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

This was the first time I attended the Lincoln swap meet. The size of it was nice but the building were it was all dirt floor was horrible! Didn't find much what I was looking for but I did get a set of new Fenton split manifolds for my 53! Did anyone see the fuel injection set up for a 62 corvette? To bad it was polished but it was still neat to see.

13. Stickshift, I got really excited when i saw MM on a big tractor part. Thought it was a rare MT part, but alas, shut out this swapmeet. I really wanted the 34 Chevy Coupe body, but not looking for a project now. Would have been nice to see you again, and your Dad.

Gary, those wheels are killer! I have one of those at home and was looking to add to the collection. I have a few other OLD wheels I would like to have that man put on new chrome hoops.

14. joeb1934

joeb1934

hey, you bought my dad's wheels! Neat!:d

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

those pulleys sure look pretty rust to have been running the day before the swap meet...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

There`s another early fuel injection system that`s been around for the last couple of years at the swapmeets in this area that`s not polished. Maybe even around for 3 or 4 years, so I wasn`t suprised to see that one. I was a little shocked to see a 57 Buick grille for $300 early in the day, then a little releaved to see another one for $200. Still higher than I`d seen in the past. A friend of mine bought an early 50`s Dan Post Spotlight How To on Customs book for $6.00, I said WOW, He said who`s Dan Post. I told him to do a search. I offered more, but he refused.

17. ill have to check this swap meet out next time im in lincon, is it only once a year? also drop by speedy bill's place again just to walk the place and drool, and since its so close stop by pioneer village and wonder the possibilities.

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, I thought his story seemed kind of shaky. I just didn't feel right about it.

19. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

there would have been gas in the carb bowl too...

20. 067chevy

067chevy

One of my buddies cars.

21. 067chevy

067chevy

Because of the big snow storm coming that really didn't amount to much I had to stay home and work on my plow truck. Looks like I missed out on some good stuff.