Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire burns down house.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordblue4ever, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Mac_55

Mac_55

So Sory for your loss . THank God that you and your family made it out of there alive.

im gonna do some looking around and see what nascar stuff my boys have . They dont collect just play, and im sure either one of them would be more than happy to help your son rebuild his collection.

2. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Please let us know if we can contribute towards purchase/postage of items for the kid. Hopefully all was insured well.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Jason
    I feel your pain
    I had been thru this about 12 years ago.
    Its horrible and this is when you need people to back you up.
    I dont have anything to replace what your son lost, but will keep my ears and eyes to it if i see anything.
    If there is anything...Anything i can do , dont hesitate to PM me
    even if its just someone to talk to..I know its tuff.

Im going to Michigan speedway for the races this August, let me know if there is something he wants from there. My Daughter is into NASCAR, but doesnt collect.
    but she sure knows how to trade paint out on the go-kart track.

Pm me bro, I'll need an address to send your boy something when the racing comes to the northeast. I have a pass to do the meet and greet at MIS..i could even try to get a car and driver sign something for him...no promises..but you can bet your ass I'll try

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. fordblue4ever

fordblue4ever
    from ohio

I'll post a pic of my boy as soon as I can. I thank everyone for their responses.

5. Terrible shame. We'll keep your family in our prayers. I'll show my sons this post, I'm sure they'd be willing to give up a couple cars. They may be older, slightly used, not
    necessarily the best examples but it's a start. Maybe I can do something else to sweeten the pot.
    God bless!
    Mark

6. Labold

Labold

7. Dave50

Dave50

I will look around and se what i have left i have been a Nascar member for 25 years, I think i just tossed all my nascar books etc but i should still have something sorry for your loss glad everyone is ok. I will let ya know

8. its not to late to delete post #11..... moderator ??? hint hint

not to late to have your son get into real ol time hot rods ... even if some have flames...

9. Sent ya a pm. Hopefully I can help as well.

10. abone1930

abone1930

Sorry for your loss, my prayers to you. Does your son like Nascar trucks, my son was given some and hes not into them, they are in good shape too. I have about 10 or more. I dont know the scale they are about 8 to 10" long. Will send them to you if you P.m. me your address.

11. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I have some NASCAR stuff (mostly late 80's and early 90's, so no Jimmie Johnson), but I'll dig and see what I can come up with. I used to have alot of magazines too, I'll have to do some digging in Mom and Dad's attic and see what all they are. I somewhere have an album of the NASCAR collector's cards too.

I have all kinds of Car Craft and Popular Hotrodding if that sounds like something he'd enjoy.

Right before we got married, my wife and her infant son (who I'm now raising as my own) lost everything but what they had at my house in a fire. It's very touching how much the community will reach out in a case like this. I think they wound up with more than they started with! And I think you've found as good of a community as anyone could ask for, right here. No shame in asking. If you hadn't have told us, we'd have never known to help!

PM me if you will about the magazines and such, and get me an address. I've got some Flat Rate boxes ready to load!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No Nascar magazines but I can for sure come up with a few diecast cars to help start his new collecton.

13. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

I collect mostly HotWheels, but I have alot of friends who collect and trade NASCAR too, and I've hit them up too.

I guess I've kinda taken this to heart. I know how much my HotWheels and NASCAR stuff consumed me growing up. I can't imagine how it is for him.

Evan

14. toolman1967

toolman1967

It makes me proud to see all this support! I have been around Car people and Biker people my whole life and am never surprised at their generosity. It seems like when there is a need these groups are always willing to give above and beyond the need. These are the kind of things I would like to see in the paper and news programs instead of all the crap that they publish now. God Bless all you who responded!

15. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I sent a pm, I am into nascar as well. Have magazines and cars. I will ship for free. I'm a Jimmie Johnson fan and on that account alone, we fans of Jimmie stick together!

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow, sorry to hear of your loss. I have only one NASCAR bit, 2001 #43 Honey Nut Cherios Hot wheels sized car. If he would like it, i would be happy to send it out to him. I know it's not much, but I'd rather have a fan have it than see it lost around here. P.M. me please...

18. barry wny

barry wny

Have signed stuff, wife worked for alltel, company sent us to several events when he started the bush series #92. Packed up a box can send it tomorrow, PM address?

19. J53

J53
    from WI

No Jimmie Johnson or Edwards stuff but I've got a few older items that I really think he'll enjoy more than I do or ever will. PM your address, I'd like for him to have them.
    Glad everyone is ok!

20. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

Here is a picture of My nephew Jason's Son The one whom you are helping. We all appreciate all your help! Jason is not in his element anymore. He has never asked for help for anything And is kind of embarrassed.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

21. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Tell him no need to be embarrassed. In his post he never asked for a handout, he was just doing what any good father would try to do.

I hope to get some of this stuff boxed tonight and on it's way to Ohio!

Evan

22. Kenny P

Kenny P

Thanks for the pic,
    helps having a face to who you are helping.
    Box of goodies is on the way.
    :)

23. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

When I was 10 years old my family lost everything in an apartment house fire that was started by a child playing with matches. I understand what you are going through. I don't have any NASCAR items , but if you PM a mailing address and some ideas of what your boy needs ( Nascar or other ) , I do some shopping. John

24. HotRod33

HotRod33

82stang5.0 do you have an address where we can send donations to...? my son Jacob is Autistic and I know how hard it is for them when something changes in there life.... Bill

25. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

Here you guys go.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Today was Jason's First day back to work. So he won't be on here as much. But he will be on here today after he gets off of work. If you guys would like we can take pictures of Jared opening up his packages as he receives them. Thanks for all your help and support for Jason and his family.

26. great about the toys
    but what about the house and cars ?

27. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

The house insurence is suppose to take care of the house and whats in it but it isnt going to be much. The F150 is a total loss. They just bought it and had it for 4 days before the fire. The insurence on the f150 will not cover it and neaither is the house. The explorer is going to be covered tho. We are going to be taking what we can off of the Truck and selling to help pay for the deductable on the explorer.

28. Worked with autistic kids before,wish I could help out but there's a ocean in the way... But atleast I can help out with a bump to the top for more HAMBers to see and maybe be able to help out.

Best of luck to You and Your loved ones: Hasse in Sweden

29. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God Bless to you and the family ,

Will try to see what we can do to help,

will for sure be in our prayers..

30. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

PM me a address , I'll send you a box full!!! glad no one was hurt!!!