Register now to get rid of these ads!

A sad day for the Lifters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Feb 22, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I went with Bonghi sunday to the mongolian bar-b-que, one of Mikey's favorite places, he use to pronance it magorian, he woulden't eat much, but I guess he enjoyed watching us stuff our faces, except when I ate crab legs, every time I snapped a crab leg to get the meat out, I would get it all over Mikey, no wonder he quit sitting in front of me at the table.

2. weez

weez

Sorry to hear, he was a great guy- I always enjoyed talking to him and I dug his model A, he will be missed-

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I visited Rudi yesterday, he told me something that conforts me alot, he said " hey at least Mike won't be in pain or cough any more and he is in a better place " I never once heard Mikey complain aboat his sickness.

4. solid

solid

Sure sounds like he made the most of it. Guys like that may not shine long, but they shine bright...RIP...

5. SerCastiK

SerCastiK
    from 6-1-9

Mike didn't care about being "sick", he cared about projects and seeing rusty shit come back to life. Hot rodding was his religion and it took him far,Much further than anticipated when he was born. If he would have sat around moping about being sick he wouldnt have made it this far. He may be out of his pain but we sure hurt. Believe that.

6. SerCastiK

SerCastiK
    from 6-1-9

co-sign

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I loved saterdays, that was the day I would drive from Tijuana to Mikey's house in El Cajon, it always gave me something to look foward to durring the week. I am shure grateful to the Hamb, for writing aboat Mikey helps alot.

8. roddingbuco

roddingbuco

Found another pic with Mikey an Miguel
    Buco

Attached Files:

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for the picture Bucu, looks like The I trashed another T-shirt, My freaking gut always gets in the way, I can never keep a clean t-shirt, there is always grease or food on it.The 34 5-window was Mikey's favorite car.

10. duece

duece
    from australia

My thoughts and condolences are with Rudy and Mikeys family. I have spent many happy hours with Mikey ,Rudy ,and Miguel at Mikeys house . Mikeys knowledge and enthusiasm for old Ford V8,s was amazing. I feel blessed to have been his friend. RIP Mikey.

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for the kind words, and I am glad you joined the Hamb, for I can now comunicate with you on a regular basis, I'll make shure I send your condolances to Rudy. your friend Miguel.

12. ItsLUCKY

ItsLUCKY

Rest In Peace

13. firemunkey

firemunkey
    from temecula

Sorry for your loss RIP

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

So sorry to hear that.
    Prayers for his family, and all involved.
    Bob

15. R.I.P MIKEY
    Sorry i didn't get to hang out with him more... He invited me and my family into his home and treated us like family without question!
    Thank you mikey and LIFTERS C/C
    Sorry for everyones loss... He was one of a kind

wes

16. Brewton

Brewton

God Bless...

Man, there has been a lot of sadness lately!

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Sorry to hear ,

God Speed to Mike.

R.I.P.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That sucks. Godspeed...

19. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

Sorry for your loss bro,from all of us in DEATHPROOF cc.Our prayers are with you during these hard times.

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

It was Mickey dream to go to the Lone Star Roundup, so I am going for him.

21. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and club brothers, so young...time is short. Take care

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

This Friday will a sad day for the lifters, we will all be watching the gate at the L.A. Roadster show, expecting Mikey to pull up in his gold and white truck and his big yellow trailer hauling a bunch of model "A" bodies, I guess we won't be mooching his Dr. Pepper and his big bag of beef jerky.

23. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

RIP Mikey....Sorry to hear of your loss Miguel! My thoughts and paryers go out to you, the club and his family.