Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models, 3/6/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Nice models. I love dioramas for some reason.

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here is a pic of my Weesner project "Call of the Wild". I did not get it finished for the KKIM meet yesterday. After I got home yesterday I worked on the E&J headlights for it.

The coupe is something I threw together for a diorama I want to do.

Picked up some really kool stuff at the KKIM meet.:)

Attached Files:

3. Nice looking models

4. .That last diorama is so cool...
    ..here's a 48 Chevy woody I've been messin with...

[​IMG]

5. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Great stuff as usual!!!

Here's my latest one, 1963 Bonneville B/FX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Cool stuff guys. I'm going a little OT with my post but just barely. I just had the itch to join in and share a few of my latest works in progress.
    Some, while not pre '64 has it's roots in the rod & custom/ early drags era more so than the muscle car era, in my opinion. Some are cars my 12 year old built and, in the tradition of the hobby, carrying on the hobby, fit right in here on my favorite model thread of them all...
    I will put a bunch more views of mine on the builders group board later.

First up, mine.
    This 65 Pontiac is the one I hope to finish for the custom contest.
    I used the AMT Prestige kit bashed with a '66 Impala undercarriage and '62 Pontiac
    front suspension and 421HD mill:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and here's Matthew's '62 Buick he airbrushed with the brush kit he got for Christmas.
    We mixed the paint and he did all the work himself. Stiil needs some finishing details burt he's happy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More in a while...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  7. ScottV

ScottV

As usual I love 'em, I look forward to "Models" every Sunday.

Is anyone entering the Revell contest ?

I might, I have an eligible model that I have had for 15 years, and I qualify as a "novice" under their rules.

8. Okay, finally back,... here's some more from me and the boy...

These Plymouth GTX(s) are the one I'm stretching the subject with but I think you all may like 'em
    and give me a pass... The Met. bronze is one of my latest, the blue is Matthews.
    we id it as a joint effort. He glued all while I helped with most of the paint. His is a couple
    years old now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Here is the last one for today. Matthew is very proud of his Mustang 'beater'. A couple weeks ago someone posted one eerily similar to Matthew's. They would have probably been building them at about the same time. This ne came with a price as the bottle of 'real rust' Matthew was using got spilled all over the carpet when he was done weathering the car. Oh well...
    Not his slick spider webbing in the broken window as well as the wires where the tail light should be. He's pretty proud of these features...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. And finally, for you hot rodders, found these instruction sheets and thought I'd scan and post the best parts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sobpunx

sobpunx

I love the models you guys post, always top notch!

12. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Here are some pics from the KKIM spring meet yesterday.....

As always, it was great time and it went by way too fast!
    Lots of cool stuff on the display tables... Lots of hot deals in the swap meet area....
    And best of all, the chance to spend the day laughing and visiting with old friends!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots more at the link...
    http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/marty1961/KKIM/Spring 2011/

13. ...here's my version of the Badman...

[​IMG]

14. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Great stuff so far...

Love the Woody!

Nice work Mark...you and your son!

Here's a shot of my next project(s) :eek::D

Attached Files:

15. Pharouh

Pharouh

Great models as always! I'm working on a 50 Ford convertible very similar to the one pictured near the top.
    Here's mine for this week. Grumpy's 55 Monster Mash. Not much reference to go by. Just a few old pics.

[​IMG]

16. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Once again....WOW! I just don't have the patience for something like this, but would certainly like to. There even just cool to look at. I'll bet if you have the right background...you could easily fool someone into believing they were real cars!

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 1156.jpg It isnt great But I like it Great builds guys

ebay pics 1155.jpg

18. Church Key

Church Key

Nice job everybody...also like the model show coverage. I started working again on a stalled project that will be ready for next Sunday.

19. gbk

gbk

Another stellar lineup this Sunday. Thanx guys!:cool:

Here's my contribution, the "Challenger" '29 A-V8 highboy from the movie Deuce of Spades, finished just in time for last weekend's NNL West.

Hope you dig it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Great kits guys!

21. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Wow! Great cars by some great builders today!
    Here is a recent completion of mine. Yes, I altered the wheelbase, not a resin body.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WF

22. Thanks all!

6bblbird That Fury looks amazing!

Great work on the '55 gasser and that red roadster, movie car too!

Of the models on the tables, that Ford f-100 with the AMT '41 woody front end graft is
    too cool.

23. Very nice job Matthew! Can I add a couple of pointers? I really like that touch with the wires coming out where the tail light is missing. To make that feature 'pop' just a bit more the opening could be made square the same size as the tail light assembly, that's how they are on the 1:1 car. I like the multi-colors on the engine too! The black and gold is right-on for a 65 Mustang, and by using the blue valve covers it looks like someone put '66 ones on there, certainly something that would have happened on the real car. The 'real rust' adds a nice dimension. The fender emblems wouldn't have the same rust as the fender, I'd probably think on a car that neglected they would be missing. I also like what you've done with the wheels. Any close-up shots of the interior? Last thing, those Mustangs are known to be rust-buckets and I dig the hole in the door. More commonly they would rust in the lower front corner of the door.
    Again, nice job Matthew! Do you have any others you've done or are working on? I really like the effort it takes to make one look weathered. IT shows alot of creativity and imagination. :cool:

24. Lyle,
    all nice work, especially like the pic about the fifth one down with the rat rod sitting on grass and the guy leaning on the tire. Like someone else said, I guess I just have a thing for diorama type models. :cool:

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

26. Ferbz51

Ferbz51
    from Austin, Tx

Cool models, gang! Nitro Marty, the pic of the pick up with the 41 front end is very cool! Lots of bodywork there. Here's a pic of my semi OT shortened 55 Chevy somewhat inspired by Dave Deal's artwork. It's shortened through the cab, hood and front fenders, as well as the bed and rear fenders. A tricky part was moving the wheel opening of the rear fenders more to the center of the fenders. This could probably be done in 1:1 scale for the hell of it, but what motor would fit? Also, anybody working on any more customs? Let's see'em!

Attached Files:

27. I like it!

28. Bowtie383

Bowtie383
    from Australia

Hi everyone my name is Tony and I am from Kingswood Australia,I already reconigse a few names on here and talented builder's.
    Here is my 1/16th 34 3 window the only thing,s I have used from the kit are the frame and body,everything else has been scratched built and the wheels came from comp resins as did the injection and scoop.
    Regards Tony.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv