Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Wire on 49-54 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rc32tx, Mar 4, 2011.

1. rc32tx

rc32tx

Anyone use Rebel Wire on a 49-54 Chevy and which harness?

2. gsport

gsport

i'll be watching this too.... i'm going to be needing a harness soon too

3. BadLuck

BadLuck

ive got one on my 52... easy install, works great... and Glenn is a great guy to deal with...

4. ev88f

ev88f

I used the 9+3 on my 52. worked out great. took me a while to figure out the original turn signal switch but that was the only time consuming part.

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

You should ask Tugmaster He is the dealer for them and owned a 49 or 50 Chevy himself.

6. I used the 9+3 on my 51 car and a friends 52 truck. Nice kit and the tech support was great.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

I have one for my car when I get to that point to. What were your guys experience with it? Pretty easy install?

8. ev88f

ev88f

Very easy to install.
    took only a few hours to get the whole harness in place, in a few more we were for the most part wired. good instructions and support if you need it

9. csimonds

csimonds

X2 Tugmaster is great to talk to about this!
    Chuck

10. I used a 9+3 on my 50. I was so impressed with the quality, price and tech help that I JUMPED at the opportunity to become a dealer when Glenn33 retired. I kid you not. If I did not feel the way I did I would not have done it. I am a straight shooter through and through and would NEVER try and sell someone something I would not use. Personel integrity is very important to me. Todd

11. adamshumard

adamshumard

what's the price on this to alliance members? I'm VERY interested.

12. The retail price is $153.00. I give all HAMB members 10% off.So it's 137.70. Shipping is $14.00 flat rate anywhere in the lower 48 which includes delivery comfirmation. Todd

13. adamshumard

adamshumard

would that kit work well on 41 chevy as well?

14. Absolutly. A 9+3 is going in my 38 Chevy. We also have a 8 Circut. However, the 9+3 is the most popular by far as it gives you a few more options, especially for add ons down the road. Their is a very good desription of each kit if you look at my classified add attached to the bottom of this post. Todd

15. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I used the 9+3 kit on my 50 and it was smooth as silk, and while Glenn helped me out with any tech stuff-I have talked to Todd about other things and he is a straight shooter and very helpful...hopefully I won't have to rewire a car again, but if i do it will be Rebel all the way!!!

16. adamshumard

adamshumard

may have to have 2

17. rc32tx

rc32tx

I had considered EZ Wiring 12 circuit but the Rebel Wire 9+3 kit sounds like a deal. I'm getting wired for the Lone Star Round Up. Thanks for all of your help.

18. fbama73

fbama73

I've got a 9+3 for my '51. Haven't installed it yet, but will be getting to it in the next few weeks. Sure looks to be well made, and the instructions look good and straightforward.

19. SpikedLeatherworks

SpikedLeatherworks

I'm in the process of rewiring my truck while the engine is out for a rebuild. Trying like hell to get everything back together in time for the Round Up. It's taking me forever to wire because I am being really anal about everything looking clean and hidden as much as possible. I figured why not do it now, since I don't plan on having the engine out again for some decades. We already put one in my friend's '56 Belair and really liked it. Only thing I could possibly ask for would be the wires that don't attach to the harness but go between the voltage regulator, alternator, and ignition systems. Also if it came with some extra wire just to use for grounding your lights and other things.

20. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

I used one of the rebel kits on my '51 chev. Excellent kit, very easy to understand & install & if you have a question just pick up the phone & Glenn will help you out.I've helped install an ezwiring kit on a friends car & the quality was not as good as the Rebel kit. I was told that the wiring in the ez kit is made in china & the lettering on the wiring was difficult to see, but the Rebel kit wiring is made in the USA & is much easier to see the designations on the wires. :)

Bobbyd

21. caseyrod

caseyrod

i used one for a customer,first time,price was good, quality very good,instructions very good,support excellent.will use again!

22. SpikedLeatherworks

SpikedLeatherworks

I'm in the process of rewiring my truck while the engine is out for a rebuild. Trying like hell to get everything back together in time for the Round Up. It's taking me a little while to wire because I am being really anal about everything looking clean and hidden as much as possible. I figured why not do it now, since I don't plan on having the engine out again for some decades. We already put one in my friend's '56 Belair and really liked it. Only thing I could possibly ask for is it would be cool if it came with some extra black wire just to use for grounding all your different components. There is enough extra wire in the kit to use for stuff like that though.

23. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I have a American Auto Wire for my '56 Chevy but i just needed something simple for my T-Bucket. After doing some research Rebel Wire kept coming up. I decided on the 9+3 kit. It looks to be really good quality, is American made and has really good instructions.

24. I don't think you will be disappointed. Todd