Register now to get rid of these ads!

The German Lifters joined the Hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 1, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Several of the German Lifters joined the Hamb, in order to post their condolances to our fellow club member Mikey Van Zetten's passing. This was ausome, because it gives us the oportunity to view our sister club in Germany. rimago just posted some pictures of some of the club guys and their cars on his album, but I dont know how to transfer the pics to this thread, maybe some one can help out. this thread can give us a peek at the hot rodding scene in Europe, hopefully they can post aboat the hot rodding world in Europe.

2. Click on the thumbnail when the picture opens there will be two text boxes below it. I believe the bottom one has the image tags in it. The script will look something like this [​IMG]. Copy the text in that box and past it into a post on this thread.

You're golden.

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

7. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Great pictures Migel.........Welcome our German brothers!!!

Tex

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

It was good seeing you the other day Tex , sorrey you couldent stay a little longer, take care.

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The purpose of this thread is so our club and the hamb can get to know our German brothers and their cars, I will be posting more pictures.

10. Jenz38

Jenz38

Hi Miguel,
    Yesterday i speak with Buco(he is our photographer+multimedia-Man) on Billys Birthdayparty about this new Thread and he will post newer Pics from us and our Cars.
    We`re all here stand in the holes and wait for saltfree Roads to take out our Cars.
    Greetings from the "YET"cold frosty Germany.

Jenz LIFTERS, Germany
    (38 Buick Special Coupe,rustfree,original,248-str8,4mm milled Head,Compound Carburetion with 2 Zenith`s ).

11. [​IMG]

See the two guys standing up on the right with the black t-shirts with white sleeves, the one the left looks like he could be Kiwi Kev's older brother:D

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Cool cars with dirt all over them. You all certainly know how to have fun! WELCOME!

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

[​IMG]

See the two guys standing up on the right with the black t-shirts with white sleeves, the one the left looks like he could be Kiwi Kev's older brother:D[/QUOTE]I wonder if he can bar-b-que like kiwi kevin, man I love that pig he cooks, Stephan, our fellow German club member only eats bananas and healthy shit, the American Lifters are mostly overweight, man we like to eat, I am the worst. I heard Tony runs a tight ship, and makes the guys watch their weight.

14. dogwern

dogwern

hey miguel, hey bros, thank you for giving us such a warm welcome. good to be part of the family. hopefully some of us will meet you one day at the king of club show and drink some beers together. I also like to know more about the club history and the fellows who joined. certainly you´ve heared about some very interesting shows and races here in germany. it´s always a question about money and time but I´m sure you would have great time with us. let´s keep in touch, best regards werner

15. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I will be posting some pics of our club, The lifters car club was originaly founded in 1958 by my good friend Norm Palmer and his pals, In the original charter , there was only one rule "No Assholes" we try to live by that rule and have always tried to be friendly to everyone, The original Lifters were big into Drag racing, thats why we hold the King of Clubs Drags to honor them. It is a neet race were all the clubs drag race, and who ever wins the street class is King of Clubs for a year, we also have a full race catergory as well as a flathead class and early bike class. afterwords all the clubs celebrate till the wee hours of the morning, we usually have 7 bands play after the race as well as a vintage burlesque show, every one camps out the night before and after the show, on the night before the show their are usualy 2 bands playing as well as some night drags. hopefuly you werner and some of the guys can come out for it.

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

here is some more pictures.looks like sleepy time

Attached Files:

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

here is a few more.here are the german lifters dragracing,

Attached Files:

18. dogwern

dogwern

just got the new hot rod deluxe magazine. on an old photo at page 64 you can see some guys at the san fernando road knights reliability run. one guy is wearing a lifters clubjacket. altough I used glasses I couldn´t read where the guy comes from. maybe burbank? the lettering is the similar but the logo is different, seems that´s the old one?

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well now to continue the Lifter story, The original Lifters were born in a sea side town called Imperial Beach calif. It´s a navy town, and a lot of it's members had been in the coast guard or navy, there is a 4-lane highway that goes to Coronado from Imperial Beach, it's called the silver strand, for it has a beach on one side and the bay on the other. this is were the Lifters used to drag race, Norm told me once that they had a big Samoean guy in their club that was always the flag man, until he got his foot run over by one of the cars taking off. from there they started racing at Paradice Mesa and the Ramona airport, guys like Joaguin Arnett and the Bean Bandits raced their regulary. If any body has pictures of these tracks, please post them. I travel every day on the silver strand ,for I work in Coronado, sometimes at night , I swear I can hear burn outs and engines screaming down that road. In 1959 , Norm had a 57 chevy that he chopped when it was almost a new car, it made cover car on one of the little books, he also had a chopped 32 sedan, and a rail he used to race. his daily driver was a 40 two door that he still owns to this day.i'll post some more later.

20. Pete

Pete

Welcome aboard guys! The LIFTERS are a great group of guys, I had a chance to meet a few of them at the GNRS.

Pete-

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Pete, It was a pleasure meeting you at Grand National, on behalf of Rob and our whole club, thanks again for giving Rob the bitch'en trophy, all the other clubs were drooling on it. If you guys are coming out any time to L.A. or San Diego, give me a call and I would be more than happy to give you the tour. 619-573-2637

22. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

...cool now i have a place to stay when i visit Berlin

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Dogwern, I also saw an old picture of a dragrace in the first re-issue of Hot Rod Deluxe, there was a lifter member watching the drags and his jacket did'nt say so.cal. I think it was from arizona, he was standing next to some other guys from other clubs. I will try calling Jerry Pitt, may be he can shed some light on that old picture or perhaps some one on the hamb has some information. I know some of the original Lifters moved to San Bernadino and started Old Farts Racing, they are still drag racing to this day.

24. roddingbuco

roddingbuco

Here are some impression from the hill climb race in Teterow / Germany called "RustnDust". On one pic you can see a part of the race track. The track has slopes and gradients up to 14 and 16 %. You can imagine what it means. Meet me at the muddy side of life.
    Buco

Attached Files:

25. These guys get it...ya gotta drive 'em and drive 'em hard

26. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Rodding buccu, Stephan told me a guy rolled his car last year ?

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Bucu, you sent me a video of this race once, see if you can post it.

28. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Good Gawd that looks like fun! I drive my 54 like that and everybody here thinks I'm nuts! Speaking of 54's, I love that beige 54 truck! Got any more pics of that?

Evan

P.S. Now I can't focus on work, all I want to do is go flog my truck!

29. dogwern

dogwern

miguel, the roll over happened at MASSEN DIRT TRACK RACES. here´s a great pic.

Attached Files:

30. dogwern

dogwern

hey Evan, some pics. of my old 54. hope you like `em!

Attached Files: