Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown '11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cosmo49, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Come Friday, Get a good camp site and stay as long as you can handle it. Slim

2. Great Show and a ball watchin the dirt track. I'm going 2 days this year so I can also take in the museum and Ya gotta get there early if ya want a shirt!

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Can't wait! And this year I'm gonna make it there before dark! :D

4. Gator_13

Gator_13

This will be my 4th year coming and 3rd year camping. You have to come on Friday (bands Play), camp and spent the day and drive back on Sunday.

This year we are planning on leaving Thursday afternoon and watch the parade of people/cars come in on Friday and Saturday.

Ground Rat

5. Tony

Tony

Asshole! :)

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I thought assholes were only supposed to let things out?:D;)

7. gas pumper

gas pumper

Trust me, you'll never get it all off and out. I missed last year and there's still mud coming out on the car. Even driving in the rain don't get it off.

I do try and stay up high and minimize the mud and dirt. But once you get a couple of laps in you will realize that it's well worth the cleanup.

Frank

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I've got a different car this year....so will you let me into the infield?
    I'll be in my '69 Country Sedan and with luck I'll have other Silhouettes CC members show up with me!

Attached Files:

9. Always a great time.... The dates arent jiving this year for headin over to the grove to see outlaws run but hell i guess ill have to stick around the campsites this year instead of runnin off to the race track....

We'll be there.... Might even have a little track roadster surprise appearance...

TH

10. Tony

Tony

Great point! makes me wonder about this Johnny Longhair fella! not good...not good at all! hahahaha :D:D

11. dude your suppose to stay low cause you get better distance with the really wet stuff .
    I think it really is undercoating for the car cause I haven't had any leaks under the matting since I did my passes .
    By the way the inside of my rear window still has mud on it .It looks so good in there I dont want to clean it.
    plus the 2lbs I remived when I changed the engine this year

Attached Files:

12. rodknocker

rodknocker

CAN'T WAIT!! CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT. Its the only show I look forward to each year.This will be #4.

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

Ahhhh, No. Pre '64 on the infield.

14. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Yep, this is the real way to enjoy the experience, follow this man's advice.

15. timmy25252

timmy25252

Hopefully I can make it out this year on Friday. I'm graduating from college in May and trying to find a job and that needs to take priority!

16. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

No problem! Thanks for the response.
    I'll be there but will ride with someone else.
    This is one my favorite shows.

17. Didn't see this anywhere, but are restored (stock, non rodded) vehicles allowed here?

18. Larry's favorite kinds of people, instant asshole, just add alcohol!:rolleyes:;):D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  19. sawzall

sawzall

tokyo and I will hopefully be selling parts. in the swapmeet.

BRING MONEY!
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking that someone should buy my coupe to ensure they can get some hot laps in..
    [​IMG]

20. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Is it @ssholes or dousche' bags??? :)

21. Hey Larry,

What's the ealiest we can set up our camper on Friday? ( or Thursday ;))
    I'm liking the quiet camping, but will a generator running, be cool before midnite? We camped there last year , but do you have any new rules for campers this year?
    Thanks , I'll hang up now and listen to your response.:cool:

Attached Files:

22. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Yeah, I caught you rolling in......

[​IMG]

23. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

This is the best thing i look forward to all year!! Last year was the first time just my son and i went and it was one of the greatest memories we will ever have together. Unfortunately we will not be able to attend this year because it is the first year my family is able financially to go on vacation and my wife has been looking forward to driving her hotrod to Ocean City for a long time, shes a great gal and the kids love the beach, so in the mean time here are picks of my son co piloting the "old shine car" as some called it around the track. You can just see his head as he looks over the dash, he was yellin faster the whole time, thanks Larry for such an awesome oppurtunity and we will be back next year!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. oh yea, that young man is HOOKED...................
    I can't see it but, I know he's grinnin'

25. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

sorry the wagon cant get in 64 is the cut off. Larrys rules, I just enforce them

26. shitbox2

shitbox2

[​IMG]

Il be there for sure

27. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Down to two month bump!!!

28. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Already have asked for the 20th off! Cant wait to get there and stay all weekend.
    Larry, let us know if you want some help bashing in Honda's!!(or skulls) we like our camping... :)))

29. i know the swap meet down here on long island today was freezing to cold to take your hands out of your pockets to pay for stuff