Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Here is the new toy as promised on F100 community

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Well just got back from dinner after picking up my new ride a 1955 F100 truck up in Bellingham. Drove like a dream all the way home. Ok Ford purist its running a small block Chevy with 700R4 autotrans with over drive(please no hate mail lol). It has drum brakes front and year, with a dropped axle with monoleaf front spring. The rear frame has been notched. Running at 70 mph all the way back south running at 2000 rpm's. Heater fan quit working in Tukwila( oh well it's 56 years old) Had a blast, many thanks to my pal Shawn for helping me go it.. Needs alot of TLC, the truck was from Fresno, Ca originally. Was told may have some Hot Rod history, but the seller could not document it or find anything. Going to drive it the way it is and have fun !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. conormulroney

conormulroney

Beautiful truck! Enjoy
    Conor

3. Great new toy.
    Every man needs a truck.

4. Nice Truck. I want one so bad.

5. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I always tell people that bitch about my 283 that its built Ford tough with Chevy stuff, nice truck for sure.

6. nice truck

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

VERY COOL! I really seriously like it alot.;)

8. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Very nice truck. Congrats.

9. that is one cool lookin truck, really got a nice 60's vibe .

10. a few more pictures, plans are to find a new stock gas tank. It now has a aluminum tank in the back. With a nice round little stick to check the fuel level ! LOL

Attached Files:

11. jrose7004

jrose7004

Great little truck! Congrats!

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Neat effie, wish your pic's could be enlarged for more detail. What does the lettering on the doors say? Congrats on your new ride, I am kind of partial to effies.

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

cool looking truck

14. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Very nice F 100, Mine's also built ford tough with chevy stuff, just makes them easier to work on, Enjoy every minute behind the wheel!

15. AWESOME! Get some bigger pics!!!

16. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

:DRob
    It is a very cool truck, nice score. Mark

17. Congrats--- effie's are the greatest, enjoy to the fullest

18. The lettering (which is vinyl) says Belmount Speed Shop. The lettering is coming off the doors for sure. Does anyone from Fresno, Ca remember ever seeing this truck in your area ? Starting a want list of things to get. Thank You

19. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

Looking good Rob!!!

20. man im really gettin the bug for one of these
    NICE truck

21. Looks great , throw some early lincoln valve covers on the chebby - that'll confuse the knockers!

22. The pictures were from what Doc (who I bought it from) sent me . I will try to get some larger format pictures up for you all. Chris , it's has a Chev in it. Can I drive to The East vs West. I'll park in the back and hide. I have always wanted a 53-56 F100. So it's good bye to my 62 Merc or my 56 Nomad. Now to start finding the things I need to fix some small things. The first will be hood hinges and a passenger side window regulator. The plan for the day is to remove the lettering.

23. That's a great idea ! LOL

24. couverkid

couverkid

I do know that mike gregg out of washougal (belmont speed shop)bought that truck out of california and drove it up there. Did some work to it and sold it. I remember it had quite a bit of rust issues.Looks like someone pathced the rust or something in some places looks like primer spots.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  25. thanks Eric !

26. Some rust issues for sure on the body, is Mike Gregg on here at all, trying to get some more information regarding the truck. The primer spots have been removed, any idea how long ago Mike bought this in California ? It's fun to drive.

27. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I dig, Cool truck.

28. voodoo1

voodoo1

Thats cool man! Wish I still had my '53. I had one over 24 years ago, wished I never sold it. Well you can't keep everything.....

29. couverkid

couverkid

Dont know if he is on here. He bought it a couple years ago I guess. I do know he drove it up here when he bought it.