Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Ford 5w garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jax2A

Jax2A

Wow congrats man, that really looks nice!

2. DUDE - THAT is AWESOME!! Congrats. nice car. It has the look just sitting there. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I agree 100 percent leave it like it is because such a nice job was done on it. That's so cool that he saved it for you and I am sorry to hear about your friends health.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'm really not a fan of channeled Deuce Coupes,.. But thats my personal opinion.

Congratulations !,.... looks like a really nice body. If you really want to mount it Highboy style,..... I would still consider doing that. IMHO. It's your Deuce,.. build it the way you want it.

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

Something tells me the Mods will let this thread slide through tech week. Good for you, Man. That looks unbelievably solid. Congratulations!

5. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Great car. Cant' wait to see it on the road

6. McFly

McFly

Hot Damn! That's a nice one. I just bought it's cousin.

7. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

nice ride! congrats

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what an awesome score and a good story to , sad about the old builder though

9. Its in good hands!

10. PG

PG

Niiiiiiice

11. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I was going to say that, after 41 years that car was family!

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Fantastic that he thought enough of you to only want you to have it...it's also a responsibility though.. to get it done and done well... so he can see that his decision was the correct one....always happy to see another 5 window saved and put back on the road....congrats

13. brady1929

brady1929

congrats, nice start to a cool hot rod

14. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Great score - as said "now get building"

15. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

wild..my 3 window had a similar style rear pan..also channeled and built in the
    60's..check out the similarities. Here a pic when I first got it before losing the wheels and running boards..etc. Same syle rear pan

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  16. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I want to at least get the body back in shape and in some primer fairly soon. The paint is THICK on this thing, as well as there is some filler and such. The inside of the body has a brushed on, tar like coating undercoating EVERYWHERE, I've seen it in a lot of customs, like Ayala brothers cars, over the body work. Hopefully get some better pics soon.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Dude dude dude. Congrats man this is a truly amazing score. I can't wait and I'm so damn stoked for ya!!! You're living right my man!

18. so what did I miss - why did you sell the roadster? What sedan did you buy .......

19. Your a lucky man, now go enjoy your luck!

20. S.F.

S.F.

21. Congrats!
    Beautiful 5W! I love the chop, it looks just right. Is it about 4"?
    It would be nice if you could talk to the old owner at length and document some of the stories of the fun he had with the car for the last 41 years. It would be a shame to lose any of that.

22. hasty

hasty

Congratulations - it looks in fantastic shape. The roadster was looking good though - pity that disappeared. Looking forward to seeing this one emerge - are all the parts you collected for the roadster going on this?

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I really enjoy reading stories like this were the owner has picked the next caretaker for a car. Very sorry that his health is not what it was. I'll start a search of my "Little Pages" and Hartford Autorama programs for a period photo of the car.

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Never stop beliving there not out there your very lucky. Bring it back to life !!let the games begin .

25. fonti

fonti

congratulations!! good luck with the build, get in the garage...:D

26. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Thanks guys! I tried to get ANY info, pictures or anything he had of the car, but he threw it all away when he moved a couple years after he got the car, so all the history behind this car is lost... for now at least. He bought the car all done here in Ohio, before that I have very vague information. He really didn't even want to talk about the car much, I know it was a hard time parting with it. I'll give it some time, I told him I was going to stop over every now and then to keep him updated.

As for my ex-roadster project, I have this coming to go on the frame...of course after a haircut.

[​IMG]

27. Hopefully he will open up later and fill you in. I'm sure it hurts for him to let it go. Facing your own mortality sucks too!

That is a really cherry Tudor, very nice body!

28. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

He has a '37 Chevy street rod in pieces we had to move that was in front of the deuce, as well as a '63 Vette convertible with fender flares, custom tail lights, a custom that was done in the 70's. The Vette just needs paint and he can drive it. I need to get this thing on the road so I can take him for a spin!

29. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

..... Brian, CQQL Coupe ,wall art not bad either...

30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very cool man --- congrats!

Malcolm