Register now to get rid of these ads!

HANK THE CRANK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Jan 17, 2004.

1. What is the situation with this shop? I had a customer buy a crank for a 400 that made it a 426" a few years ago. I kindawondered about the story behind this place-this guy? You all prob know it- but it was just a legendary name of the hot rod saga to me....If you can please share any history-facts you know? Thanks for humoring me [​IMG]

2. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy

my FED came with a Hank the Crack sticker on the seat pan....but i dunno what it means.
    Enlighten me, please.

3. FWilliams

FWilliams

hank bechtloff, been around 40+ yrs his son pretty much runs the business now i think. could stroke just about anything you wanted, got into circle track stuff heavy, i think he does all of nascar's stuff

somebody told me a while back he was having a web site done, maybe do a search on his name

4. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    hank bechtloff, been around 40+ yrs his son pretty much runs the business now i think. could stroke just about anything you wanted,

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought one of his crankshafts back in 1970..... It was a 1/4 stroker of a 454 crankshaft. Man, It was expensive.....but it was a very good piece.....

6. SWANKEY1

SWANKEY1
    from Venice ca

I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Hank The Crank tonight . He was talking about cranks he did for Carroll Shelby , John Delorean back in the 60's. His price back then was $1000 now try $3500

7. Hank the Crank/CT Strokers was just up the street from me, growing up in Sun Valley. Used to go there and ogle at the CT OHV flattie in the window and maybe buy a sticker or two. We used to send our cranks to Hank until we found out he was subbing them out to another grinder called Crankshaft Grinding in North Hollywood. I think he was only interested in the trick stuff and sent the mundane stuff to Richard at CS Grinding

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

Hank has been in poor health due to a severe heart condition for many years. His son Scott was running the business and finally decided that he could not make a decent living at it. He closed the doors several years ago but still retains all the rights to the names and logo's.

9. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

I approve this thread.

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump. Another legend gone. RIP Mr. Bechtloff.

11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy