Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. hasty

hasty

Wow, those brackets are stunning. Beautifully understated. This is such a great thread.

2. bonesy

bonesy

Na - I love my family - they know I'm kidding.

I will definitely look you up when I'm in Tucson. Thanks.

3. Yeah dude! I'll add myself to the list of guys that really like those brackets! Nice work man.

4. Looks great Dale!

5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Boy, this is gonna be nice...

6. Cut,grind and weld. That's all I ever do. I can't wait to get done with this chassis stuff so I can get onto the body mounting and alterations. Don't get me wrong I like it all but I want to start seeing this badboy take shape. I am. The Swede with the Need for Speed.

7. I am. The Swede with the Need for Speed.

but no ! tweed office furniture interiors ! LOL Looks great Dale !

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow, very nice work! Really enjoying watching this thread and gathering ideas...

Malcolm

9. Troyz

Troyz

Looks great Dale. Can't wait to see that chopped body sitting on there.

10. Malcom, I have been watching your build thread and I am really groovin' on the direction that you are heading. Thanks for the kind word hotrodder!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  11. Did not do to much tonight. Scored an original 4 spoke Bell wheel for the coupe. It is the the real deal. This is something I really have wanted for this car. The right parts make a car if you can keep the theme together. Shot a couple of dark garage shots for a general garage scene. Something to amuse the troops tonight

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  12. Troyz

Troyz

Nice body...the demon dog guarding it is pretty cool too!

13. Troy, There are two of those demon dogs guarding my stuff. They would eat any invader alive. Terrible beasts for sure. Sure glad they like me. I must smell good.

14. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Those hairpin brackets are just awesome.

15. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

HEY YA PECKERHEAD!! Nice work as usual man, looks like everything is coming along just great! Well, I figured since I haven't been able to drop the hood off to you that I can at least send you a picture of it. I hope you like the pattern, if not, tough shit, there's no goin back now:)!! Anyway, keep up the progress, hopefully one day you will see the light at the end of the fabrication tunnel and through a small chopped windshield on the road! Oh yeah, here is a pic of the 7-11 coupe (it first started off as the 7-12 in the early 50's before it a little bit later became the 7-11) back in the day. Oh yeah, how much are ya gonna chop her?? Later man!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Man, You just made my fucking day pal! That is a really badsass layout on the hood. 114 vents. That's gonna look perfect on my car. Thank you and your dad so very much. Great job. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Damn I'm so stoked. I'll be calling you soon my friend, The chop on the car will be very similar to the 7-11. Maybe just a tad higher. My wife keeps badgering me not to chop it so much. She says she won't be able to see out of it to drive it. And I say, excactly! I will. Hotrods to Hell!!!!!!!!!!

17. Sorry about this. I am so impressed by the louvers in my hood that the Reno boys did up for me I want more people to see it. Back to the top.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  18. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

If that's a 15" wheel you'll need to send it to me. I've been looking for one for so long I've actually been talking to Don Orosco. How desperate is that???

19. I liked your rear frame rail idea so much I'm also gonna steal your hairpin-mount idea. Keep 'em coming!

20. Now Rocky. What fun would that be to copy my creativity? (Go ahead I don't care) Just enjoy building cool stuff that looks good. Anything I can do spark ideas is ok with me. I steal plenty off the HAMB. Just give me the credit. It's only fair.

Doug, The wheel actually measures 16 inches on the very outside of the rim. It is stamped with the raised #1 on the backside of one of the spokes. My pop has one on his roadster that is a 17 incher I think. The center cap is cast and chromed. Did Bell make all three sizes in this 4 spoker? I am not sure.

I just keep going back and looking at the pictures my tophood that Rory Forbes sent me. It looks so damn good. Can't wait to see it on the car all mocked up

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  21. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I don't think anyones mentioned your gayness?

22. What did I miss Scott? No homosexual comments or references made that I know of. Are you having subliminal messages sent to you somehow. What are you missing in life? Doug warned me about you.(How's that roadster project coming along? I have no idea how you work outside like that. Your tough)

23. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I've subscribed, looking forward to watching this one through!

24. the steering wheel is so cool, did you get the pictures I sent ? The hood looks great ! keep up the hard work ! I need something to drive when I visit LOL !

25. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Glad your stoked on the hood, I wanted to throw a shit load of louvers on it for you too. It is a combo between my roadster hood, and my dad's coupe hood. It was a fun ass weekend project, we had lines going everywhere, and by the last louver I was starting to get crosseyed (and not even from playing with myself!!! :eek:) I'm glad ya like it, cause if not, I'm keepin it!!!!

26. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Dale, looking killer man!! I really like the way the fraame is turning out! I like the Model A frame horns, I did pretty much the same thing on Paul Borrmanns 33 pickup that we built. Do you still need the header flanges? Give me a call if you do.
    Jimmy White

27. Yes Jimmy I do. I was hoping to make it over to the GNRS and pick those up from you but couldn't make it. I'll give you a call in awhile and we will make arrangements to get those out to me. I actually forgot about it until recently when I saw the post about the Vicky which by the way made me flip out. Great job on that as always. Dale

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  28. Nice score on the Bell wheel...now you need to track down an o.g. Maund column drop.

29. I just saw one of those column drops you just mentioned in a Model A here in town. I like the way they looked so much that I am going to make an o.g Seaholm column drop. It will look similair but be all me.