Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects You Guys Cut Yourself as Much as I do ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Mar 1, 2011.

1. wheel28

wheel28

Who needs a vin when you just add a little DNA identification.

2. rebelrat

rebelrat

Slipped on oil today and punched the ground on the way down !!

Attached Files:

3. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

2 weeks ago as a matter of fact. same kind of deal, die grinder with a carbide burr = sliver in the eye even with a good face shield. OH! and 2 days ago, angle grinder with cut off wheel to the knuckle. not much blood and no stiches but "someone" in my garage was cussing up a storm!:D

4. merf

merf
    from new joisey

I'm convinced my hands hate each other, my right hand is always trying to kill my left with screwdrivers,hammers,razor knives etc.

5. cheveey57

cheveey57

Blood.....Sweat......&.......Gears

6. Paper towels and masking tape are your friend, always in the garage.

7. badlefihand

badlefihand

Just did a check,three cuts on right hand,two on the left. Just average.

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

YOU BETCHA...At least a bruise or scrape...

9. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Super Glue..........That's my cure for cuts.

I didn't believe it either, but first time I tried it the cut was healed in three days and didn't get red and sore.

Plain old superglue, cover the cut up, keep it covered.

10. phat rat

phat rat

Fold the sticky side of the tape back over on itself a little bit so it doesn't stick to the cut wrap as much as needed. No sense bulking it up with towels or rags.

11. Abomb

Abomb

I think I have magnetic eyes too.....I've had it drilled out, removed by scalpel...etc.....it really sucks about an hour after you leave the hospital, that's when the pain starts....what's cool though, is in the bright sun, you can remember the good times by the spots...

12. cavemag

cavemag

Just enough to be annoying. I did slip a ratchet once and my knuckle has a nice scar to show for that.

13. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I bleed every time I work on something, often have no idea how I cut, scraped or otherwise hurt myself!

14. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

That made me laugh. So true, except with me my left hand is after the right.

I get my tetanus shots caught up when I go to the ER. It works out.

15. pecdaddy

pecdaddy

i like super glue to close em up when your done for the day.

16. reefer

reefer

All joking aside be watchful with metal cuts.I met a local refrigeration engineer who had his arm amputated at the shoulder joint because of a cut on his thumb went bad.It was before you could buy factory made gallows brackets for haning the condensing units and he used to make his own from angle iron...he cut the angle iron in his power saw and sliced his thumb on the burr.He just wiped it off and ignored it...that evening it started swelling and his forearm was aching..the hospital sent him home with pain killers...next day his arm was wrecking him and he went back...as he was waiting his turn to see a medic a passing consultant saw him and spotted the trouble right away...he was on his way home and immediatley turned round and got the guy into theatre and took his arm off..and saved his life.

I belive brass splinters are the most dangerous for some reason.

17. Troyz

Troyz

Ya, it's like a horror movie sometimes. I had a cutting wheel explode and cut through my glove and most of my finger this weekend. as for dressing wounds in the shop, I usually poor some beer over it, then wrap it with a blue paper towel, then blacktape the shit out of it, then drink the rest of the beer for pain relief. ;)

18. peter johnson

peter johnson

I lose a knuckle every time i change a flexplate?

19. BenderJ

BenderJ
    from Detroit

:D

Sooo true!!

It seems like now matter what I do, I end up scraping a finger/knuckle to the point where the skin is still attached at one end, but it's bleeding like an son of a gun...

Stiches are for girls. :)

20. 73super

73super

Those duct tape bandages work well. Believe me.. I'm not only shedding blood on my cars, but I'm a wood carver as well... enough said. :rolleyes:

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I usually keep band aids in my pocket but when I'm out paper towels and electrical tape do the trick.

22. I would have type a responce sooner, but it's hard to without fingers:eek:

23. The old cloth electrical tape was the best. Wrap a napkin around it, 3 rounds of tape and back to work!

I do more machine shop work lately and got snagged on a 17-4PH stainless steel chip the other day, small cut on the back of a knuckle but bled for a while. I was into a run of parts so all I could do was keep dabbing it on the rag hanging out of my pocket.

I do get a tetanus shot once in a while just in case.

Bob

24. Keep your pants on and you wont be cutting the wood. :D

25. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've gtten so used to wearing gloves at work that I wear them working on the car all the time. I use the Kevlar gloves that are very thin, but cut resistance is very high. Before I retired the safety guy gave me a bunch of them, so I've got a good stock pile.
    My hands rarely have any cuts, unless I'm doing something in the house and not on the car. I still forget the gloves sometimes!

26. 343w

343w

The worst one for me was dropping my 40 tudor body off the jack onto my left hand, it almost cost me my left thumb. They sewed it up with 47 stiches and it healed in about a month. Gloves are a pain, but they do prevent alot of minor screw-ups! Safty glasses are a must to keep me from going to thr Eye Foundation in the middle of the night, isn't it funny how you find-out you have steel in your eye when you lay down to sleep! NOT...

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

After 125 plus stiches back in 79 from a 10" grinder I try alot harder with sanders grinders and sharp things in general.

28. i think the coveralls the old mechanic use to wear was body armor....the 37 has so many sharp points on it i bleed just looking at it....

29. The Shocker

The Shocker

Im Hell with cutoff wheels and wire brushes (the rigid ones that feel like spears when they stick in your skin ) on grinders .I heal up well ,but have a scar on every fingers and knuckle seems like .I cut the end of my thumb with a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder last summer .I cut it all the way to the bone and split the nail in half. Super glue and electrical tape work wonders .I have lost everyone of my finger nails at one time or another and a few of them twice or more .I guess this stuff comes with the territory ...

30. small daily sacrifices to the shop gods keep the big ones from hapening