Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Plymouth Dash Tech... makin it fit!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Im building a 32 Ford Truck for a client and I found a hard to find 1934 Pylmouth dash to fit into his 1932 Ford truck..I have to say this is one of my favorite dash's.. I really wanted to make this truck different from just another 32 truck. If you know what I mean. I truly believe this 34 dash is doing just that for my project.. Dash conversions are becoming one of my favorite parts of a build... Hope you enjoy!

First off, the dash contours were different so I had to make some sacrifices on the original dash. I'm not all that bent out of shape about it..hah.
    First the lower dash test fit. Fits pretty good as I thought it would but the top chromed dash piece i knew was gonna be some work.
    I had to cut the original 34 dash top flange off and fit it into place. Normally I dont like to cut any original parts up but for a proper fit it was a necessary evil. I always make sure i have my plan over thought before I cut anything.. If you screw it up your really gonna be pissed. I used the original dash top flange to fit into place as it would normally then tacked it into place.. Then I cut a filler piece to connect the to strangers. They seemed to enjoy each others company.. As the Plymouth dash was about 1/2'' each side narrower I had some filler pieces to make. The angles were extreme on the 34 dash but as this top dash piece is going to be rechromed they gots to be right on.. A bit of tweeking and tacking and one bloodied thumb, a perfect fit.. There you have it short and sweet.

Attached Files:

2. Pete

Pete

Lucky,

I dig it! Looks pretty cool with the different pieces.

Pete-

3. Friend of mine in high school drove a '34 Plymouth, so I would have recognized that dash anywhere, cool looking piece and nice job fitting it into the '32 cab.

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool different.

5. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Close up photo of a 34 Instrument Cluster... My favorite also. Doing the same thing with my car. 34 Plymouth Cluster and Glove Box.

[​IMG]

6. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

that is a good looking dash