Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this for real. Street Rodder $30 3 years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Mar 1, 2011.

1. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

If thats what your looking for try
    - Traditional Rod & Kulture Illustrated -
    you won't be disappointed.

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Yep, and got one from R&C for $19.00 + $3 shipping for 2 years and a free hat.

3. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Now we're talkin' ! :D

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

If Streetrodder was a Mom & Pop kinda operation, that would have been a good argument.

But is isn't...

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Shit buddy you can almost sit in that thing and fly

6. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

That's why I don't shop at Walmart.

7. now now now.. don't get mad... twas just a joke... nice divco btw

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

You missed the point. My point is we seem to only appreciate things once they disappear. And if our hobbyist magazines all dropped off one by one from lack of support we would miss them.

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

No I didnt.

I think that comparing a big name magazine like that to a little mom & pop store in their battle against Wallmart paints the wrong picture.

If anything, it seems to me that corporate thinking is what has hurt these big name magazines the most.

And as far as missing that magazine...

Those $30 bucks will buy me 2 or 3 magazines that I do want to read.

Or gas for my Hot Rod, or parts.

In fact, I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend my money on, instead of a large stack of Ads & Infomercials...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Maybe times are getting tough for the rod rags. They call about once a week wanting me to start running my ads again. To dam much money for the return. I'm still in business and paln to stay that way for a while without the mag ads.

11. Weasel

Weasel

I can't see how I would miss something I do not subscribe to and never browse at the bookstore....

12. fleetside66

fleetside66

At 83 cents an issue, I went for it. Sure, it's not the greatest rage out there, but that's some cheap entertainment. Besides, you can keep the hat behind the seat to wipe your butt in an emergency!

13. for the last 3 years i have done the combo deal with R&C and Street Rodder... get them both for 17 a year... pretty good deal in my book.

14. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I actually got an offer from what looked like Street Rodder (from the ourside of the envelope) but it was for a 3 year deal on Hot Rod magazine with a free clock. My wife was so kind to get me a Street Rodder subscription for Christmas. I used to have it for years but now I'd rather put that $$ into my truck. Every little bit helps and it's better to be out making progress than a sittin' and a readin'. :cool:

15. wizzard23

wizzard23

So true, but a healthy guy needs to sit at least once a day. Need something to read then!

16. bryan6902

bryan6902

I saw this thread title and was hoping they were going to give me $30 to read their magazine/catalog/endless advertisements for the next 3 years!

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I recall that at one time when I lived in the Puget Sound area, there was a hot rod magazine actually published in the NW. This would have been around 70 - 72 or so. Nice magazine, lots of local coverage. At that time I subscribed to the aforementioned magazine, Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Rod Action, Street Rod, Street Rodder, Hot Rod, Flying, the AOPA magazine, Popular Mechanics and National Geographic. Seems like there was a mag in the mailbox pretty near every day. Wife was bonkers....

I like the ads...keeps the magazines in business.

dj

18. Hart Rod

Hart Rod
    from Syracuse

I get the R&C and Street Rodder combo for like $17 a year..., then they call you a year long to try to get you to renew at twice that. I just wait for the next two for deal card and use that.

19. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Yours lasted 2 months? Mine came flat as a pancake in about 20 pieces. went right in the trash.

20. Gator

Gator

I'd subscribe but their milk truck coverage really sucks lately. :rolleyes:

21. GREAT DEAL! But like a lot of FORMER magazine guys that worked for that company I'm unemployed full-time- and most recently HOMELESS! Thanks Source Interlink!:):)

22. badgeree

badgeree

As previously stated, the USA mags sell for between $10:00 and $15.00 over here. That's each magazine, not a subscription. The local ones are about $9.00 each. You've got it pretty good according to my maths.

23. dt50chev

dt50chev

Got the Hot Rod 3 year subscription and the clock for $20. I will enjoy the magazine, the clock came today and the lens is broken, the face is a a wrinkled piece of paper. It cost far more to mail the clock than it did to make it. Maybe I can use the guts to make myself a decent clock.

24. Armstrong

Armstrong

I got the three year deal too,but the first two issues they sent me were duplicates of those I had already recieved from my previous subscription. I didn't bitch tho and just gave the extras to some guys I'm trying to interest in the hobby.

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Tell ya what,Ill get the subscription then send it over to you for 5$ an issue.

26. dodgord

dodgord

i went with the offer and have two issues already. seems to me that the quality of print and paper is cheaper on my subscription issue compared to off the shelf.

27. Current Street Rodder subscriber...just got an offer to renew...59.97 for three...Good marketing, screw your regular customers so you can get new ones...BTW, shit-canned the SPECIAL offer

28. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

I too received one from Hot Rod magazine that offered a 3 year subscription ( 36 issues ) * plus a Hot Rod wall clock for $20 ! I even called their Customer Service to make sure it was a legit offer and it is .

29. Fenders

Fenders

30. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

fwiw i interviewed for a job on a popular magazine a while back. The pay is perfect if you live in your moms basement, then you'd only go into the red a little each month. There's only a couple-three people on staff, the editor and maybe 2 writers. Some are less, and the editor told me about an issue that he wrote every article. they buy freelance articles to fill them out.

They have to hit certain subscription numbers for advertising revenue, so they'll give the thing away. Ever wonder why they give you a phone book wether you want it or not?

$10 a year probably doesn't pay for the postage, much less the paper and ink.