Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects You Guys Cut Yourself as Much as I do ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Mar 1, 2011.

1. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

whit latex it keeps the red stuff inside the glove handy for the e.r. youre carring your own blood bag haha

2. I slit my wrists everytime I see a r** rod!

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

And I say: If you cut yourself every time you turn a wrench, you better find something else to do.

4. mickeyc

mickeyc

When I first started working as an Iron Worker I used to beat my hands up a lot, cuts, bangs, smashed digits, cable jabs things like that. Now I seldom have an issue like these. However, this summer working on my stuff in the shop I made an incredibly stupid error and wound up with a jab wound on the back of my hand which resulted in 10 stitches. Had I been at work I would have been fired for such foolish disregard of proper tool useage. Working at home requires the same safety precautions as ajob does.

5. Goodlife

Goodlife

My wife is a nurse and insisted I get a new booster for tetanus on my last annual physical. A nick or gouge every now and then is just part of the "sport".

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

Naw, your car is just taking what she feels is an adequate trade, that's all.
    It's a blood pact you're making... think of it as a bonding experience.

Now if I could just keep metal out of my eyes I'd be a happy camper. No matter which safety glasses or face shield (sometimes both) I religiously use, I still manage to get crap in there. Ever had metal drilled out of your eye? Wheeeeeeee!!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. Hexadox

Hexadox

When I first started doing autoglass my hands were always covered in bandaids. After awhile my skin toughened up (and I got less careless) but in the last coupla weeks it seems like I can't stop cutting myself. Just in the last few days I cheese grated the back of my hand on a plastic cowl, sliced up my arm inside the door of a 90's cadillac, and have just generally covered my fingers in cuts from cardboard, razorblades, glass etc. It's starting to feel like I'm cursed...

8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Use your head instead of your skin!

9. perk30

perk30

I'm good at cutting my hands and skinning my knuckles as well as getting metal splinters or shavings in my hand from everything from sheet metal to steel wool. I have a microscope that was used to inspect type where I used to work that I use to remove them. Splinters look like logs under that scope and I have yet to fail to get one out. Really wish I could get used to wearing mechanics gloves but they just don't feel right to me.

10. There is a certain, primal, satisfaction in seeing your own blood dripping on the floor

11. maniac

maniac

HAHAHA........same here, I get a tetanus booster every 2 years, the nurse been around longer than that.........I ain't gettin ANOTHER one!!!

12. starliner62

starliner62

I went to the doctor today (new doctor and she's HOT) for my annual physical. She looked at my hands and asked what happened. I told her that my cuts and scrapes were an everyday thing. I got a tetanus shot too!!

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

So here's a shitty question, when's the last time any of you guys got a tetanus shot?

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey,
    Love that Chevy in your Avatar !!

15. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I've been pullin' wrench's for a livin' goin' on 30 years, plus workin' on my own junk. Rarely if ever cut or injure myself, the odd scrape or nick here and there is inevitable, if you're cuttin' yourself up regularly you're not learning, just take your time and be careful.

16. MERRELL

MERRELL

electrical tape is the best bandage,will stop any bleeding!:D

17. Blood letting seems to be a daily thing for me at work. Today - only one cut, which is a bonus.

Tip for the day take the time & remove burrs of freshly cut steel - your fingers find them really easily if you dont.......which equates to more claret lost.....

Also self retracting stanley knives don't retract quickly enough whilst cutting through fingers, don't ask me how I know this

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  18. deto

deto

put a tex screw into my finger today. had to pick the drill back up and literally back it out of my finger. almost barfed at the sight and the feeling of the #10 threads in my finger...

19. redsteely

redsteely
    from Phoenix az

oooooo show and tell....here is mine...

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I managed to become an above average Medic in the Army, worked my way all the way up to the highest level of Medic there is........................
    Did it all on the practice I got on my self working on cars.:p:D

The worst thing I did was 'out bush' in the Army, doing fire and movement crawling through the bush I crawled across some shredded tin and cut my arm open real good. It was part of an RPG casing.
    Cut so bad it needed 12 sutures to close it up, being so far away from everything and I was the only Medic I had to do it my self. Anesthetic 6 injections, clean then suture, fair dinkum I almost threw up doing it!:eek:

Ive had to suture myself a couple of times, you'd think I would have learned not to cut myself so much. I did use sterile superglue a lot, but it needs to be refrigerated so I couldn't carry it in the field.

You guys know thats what superglue was invented for? Originally a substitute for sutures on smaller lacerations. Though it had a much wider application that we all know of now.

Doc.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  21. Greezeball

Greezeball

Man don't spill the beans on that one they'll jack up the price lol. Seriously though I had to start locking up my tape after the guys figured this out. Yet I can leave a $5000 meter out and it dosen't get touched.

22. blood, sweat and tears....

23. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I'm sitting here trying to type with Neosporin all over my hands from cuts! You're not alone.

24. shoveled71

shoveled71

Im on blood thinners too, and it dont stop bleeding so quick, always keep some duct tape handy, better than any bandaid...

25. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

A few years back, I was working at a shop that built nothing but 53-56 F-100's. I was under a truck on the lift cutting out an old exhaust system and a jagged edge of the tubing got my forearm pretty good. I started bleeding like a pig. We had an old guy that was in his 70's working there. He had been a mechanic since the late 50's, anyhow he grabs a big glob of bearing grease and slapped it on my cut and says "there ya go". Sure enough it stopped the bleeding. I hop it wasn't toxic. lol.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yep, sometimes feel like I could cut myself with a melted stick of butter. And can't seem to even touch a piece of wood anymore without having to end up pulling a splinter or 2 out. Go the throw some cardboard in the recycling - another cut, wtf? Why does this annoying crap happen all the time?

But, unless it looks like I'm getting ready to loses something, just tape it up, pull it out, let it bleed and go on. Put a little tea tree oil on 'em once in a while.

27. davis574ord

davis574ord

Just sharpened my pocket knife, and was putting sound deadening up under the dash, just cut a piece to put up in there, layed my knife on the seat evedentally with the blade up, and reached under to put the piece under there and layed the back of my right forearm wide open! 60 stitches later and 200 bucks at er and im back puttin sound deadner in but the knife is on the floor now! What a dumbass! But i will have a kool scar to lie about now! Haha!

28. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

aw man ... i have a secret stash of 'band-aids' near my toolbox at work - which i top up frequently ! and if i cant find one - its a roll of masking tape to the rescue

29. lawman

lawman

Sometimes I feel like I'm made of solid "Scar" with a little "Human Skin" attached !!!!!! LOL